jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What can a coffee junkie do if coffee is NOT available in the morning?

1. K9keystrokes profile image92
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

What can a coffee junkie do if coffee is NOT available in the morning?

2. ThoughtSandwiches profile image80
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 6 years ago

Do you mean before withering away and dying??  If you have not washed out your cup from the previous day...I suppose you can run your tongue along the inside in hopes of securing that 'lil bump of coffee taste.  It has been my experience, however, that this practice will NOT fulfill your caffeine needs...it will only serve to soothe you.  For the Big C (caffeine in this case) I would probably hit the Mountain Dew...unless it is flat...that is a Mountain Don't.

3. Troyangeluk profile image49
    Troyangelukposted 6 years ago

prey to God because you wont make it to the end of the street lol Make a cup of strong Tea? next best thing i guess. Or if you feel like you can make it to the nearest cafe then go for it smile.

4. Wesley Adams profile image57
    Wesley Adamsposted 6 years ago

If coffee is NOT available "in the morning" then a coffee Junkie can drink it in the afternoon after they wake up.

5. texjoy777 profile image53
    texjoy777posted 6 years ago

If it's caffeine that you need, go with a soft drink. Mountain Dew would be great(as mentioned above wink), Dr. Pepper always seems to do the trick for me... but maybe that's just because I'm a Dr. Pepper Junkie!! LOL. If you need the coffee taste, I would suggest that you try a coffee flavored candy, or keep a few Starbucks doubleshots stashed away for such emergencies wink

6. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 6 years ago

Go back to sleep maybe, or cry ... I usually just "suck-it-in" and keep going lol
    Good question.

7. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Can this happen?

I drink coffee from the time that I get up, during the day, and until I retire again.........

HUMM...............if it were not available....................fear my wrath............I     can not imagine such a thing.

I am willing to boil coffee, with or without a filter........with or without chicory...........

It would be most unpleasant for those who would face me without coffee.

Oh, heck, I might have to drink Mountain Dew!

8. theseattlegirl profile image88
    theseattlegirlposted 6 years ago

Go for GREEN TEA!

I recently made this switch (though I won't drop my latte habit unless someone holds a gun to my head). I used to drink several cups of coffee a day and a latte once or twice a week (hard to get out of the house when you work from home).

But I needed to cut the cream and sugar, and green tea (especially the loose leaf stuff) is so much cheaper than coffee! I had always thought green tea tasted grassy and bitter. Well, I soon discovered that I'd simply never had *real* green tea before! Steeped at the proper temperature for the proper length of stuff, green tea is dynamite!

Oh, and it has much less caffeine, but gives you just enough for a gentle boost.

9. Lisa Jane39 profile image88
    Lisa Jane39posted 4 months ago

First of all, I would go crazy. But seriously, I seem to run out of coffee at least once a month. So I have to the point that even weak coffee is better than nothing and I hate coffee that is weak. So I leave the filter filled with the day before coffee and just pour water in the pot and turn it on. I then go on Facebook and write I am out of COFFEE and once in awhile a friend of mine will bring me enough coffee grounds for two pots. I have car problems so going to a store to get coffee is not always possible.