jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the best side dish for pork chops?

1. Cloverleaf profile image88
    Cloverleafposted 6 years ago

What is the best side dish for pork chops?

2. Trsmd profile image60
    Trsmdposted 6 years ago

How about stove top pork stuffing and peas with pearl onions. Make some corn bread or homemade biscuits with honey butter to go with it. Yum, now I'm hungry.

3. Brian Anderson profile image89
    Brian Andersonposted 6 years ago

The best side dish for pork chops has to be sauerkraut..  And, of course, apple sauce..  Both work really well with pork chops...

4. point2make profile image80
    point2makeposted 6 years ago

sliced apples lightly fried in butter. Be careful not to overcook. Excellent side dish to any pork dish. As a variety try adding apple juice to the fried slices and baste the meat.

5. Jackie Lynnley profile image90
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 6 years ago

Watching my health and weight I choose baked fries with low salt content and a salad. It is delicious and perfect to fill you up. My husband and I have this quite often and I grill the chop on the stove top with no-fat butter spray for that grilled flavor, maybe use a no salt grilling herb, then bake it covered a few minutes to make it juicy and tender. Wrap in aluminum foil for a no mess meal but still place on a baking sheet to prevent accidents or fire.

6. Rob Jundt profile image88
    Rob Jundtposted 6 years ago

Pork chops are great with a cool fruit salad complemented with cranberries, pineapples, and grapes. The base of the salad is a combo of marshmallow creme and heavy whipping cream. Sounds unconventional, but oh so yummy!

working