jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is your go-to recipe/meal when you are out of all other ideas for dinner?

1. DeborahNeyens profile image96
    DeborahNeyensposted 6 years ago

What is your go-to recipe/meal when you are out of all other ideas for dinner?

We all have those nights where we'd rather do anything other than make dinner.  So what do you do?  Do you pull out a favorite quick and easy recipe to make?  Do you pick up the phone and order pizza? How do you solve the dinner dilemma?

2. fit2day profile image75
    fit2dayposted 6 years ago

Garlic-herb chicken. It may seem complex, but I find it to be one of the easiest meals to make. The difficult thing is deciding what to go with it.

3. NessaMetharam profile image60
    NessaMetharamposted 6 years ago

I absolutely love fresh tune but when I'm not in the mood to cook, I end up using canned tuna. I usually prefer the one without flavor. I saute it in onions and mushrooms and add some green or/and red pepper. It's a really good rice topping and it goes great with salad too.
    But when I'm really hungry and I'm really tired, I get the phone and order pizza or Chinese food. smile

4. profile image47
    tateblakeposted 6 years ago

Well when there's nothing to eat round the house,I usually go for pasta.

It's reasonably fast to cook pasta plus you can make a sauce with almost anything you find round the fridge.

5. jencooper profile image60
    jencooperposted 6 years ago

My fall back that everyone in the house will eat is Tacos.  We have a lot of beef due to the fact that my Father has a cattle ranch, so tacos are cheap and easy at my house.

6. RTalloni profile image87
    RTalloniposted 6 years ago

Hummus with Peach Salsa and GF and HFCS Free crackers.  It's fast and easy, letting me get on with projects I need or want to do.

7. travelsee profile image61
    travelseeposted 6 years ago

A hearty warming super soup does the trick for the family every time - healthy too!

8. profile image0
    susanm23bposted 6 years ago

We like fried egg sandwiches with cheese and fruit or carrots on the side.  Another good and super quick meal is homemade tomato soup (made with tomato juice) and grilled cheese sandwiches.

9. Sn Hang profile image56
    Sn Hangposted 5 years ago

so eating out is a great idea.LOL
    There are a lot of nice restaurants in UK . check at  http://restaau.co.uk/ for details

10. Christine P Ann profile image76
    Christine P Annposted 4 years ago

My go-to recipe is Inside-Out Chicken Kiev. I generally have chicken breasts in the freezer and you really just crumb the chicken breast (sometimes beat it out thin like a schnitzel for quicker cooking) cook on both sides in a pan, and while it is finishing cooking off in the oven I mix chopped garlic, parsley,butter and squeeze of lemon together. When chicken is cooked I put a dollop of the butter mixture on the hot chicken and yummo! serve it with a salad and you are done.