jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What other than sugar or artificial sweetner can you add to your coffee to sweet

1. stylezink profile image83
    stylezinkposted 6 years ago

What other than sugar or artificial sweetner can you add to your coffee to sweeten it?

I found myself in a horrible situation this morning. I made coffee but when I went to grab the sugar it was empty. I don't have Equal, Splenda, Sweet & Low, or anything else like that. Any suggestions what I can do to sweeten my cup? I did try confectioner's sugar and YUCK! I read afterwards it has cornstarch in it, double YUCK! Any suggestions?

2. LivingFood profile image60
    LivingFoodposted 6 years ago

My favorite sweetener is honey. It is not only sweet, but it also contains good nutrients to give you natural energy.

Stevia is another good sweetener, however, it doesn't taste the greatest in coffee.

Agave nectar tastes good, but it is high in fructose, which you should take into consideration.

3. LucysMom profile image68
    LucysMomposted 6 years ago

When I'm in a jam and have run out of stevia, my preferred sweetener, I look around the house to see what else I can add to my coffee. I've been known to throw in a little scoop of ice cream to my coffee. Yum! Chocolate sauce also works in a pinch.

4. Morena88 profile image74
    Morena88posted 6 years ago

You could try putting a spoonful of Nutella into it!

5. sam-eg profile image77
    sam-egposted 6 years ago

Hi, I would add honey it's a natural sweetner and it taste goog with coffe

6. Krysanthe profile image94
    Krysantheposted 6 years ago

I put a lot of different things in my coffee depending on my mood.  Honey makes an excellent sweetener, along with chocolate syrup, or candy canes.

7. vidhimayur profile image59
    vidhimayurposted 6 years ago

Honey any day is better than sugar. Healthier and tastier in comparison to sugar or artificial sweetners.

8. kerlynb profile image90
    kerlynbposted 6 years ago

Just like almost everyone here, I suggest using pure honey. Honey has antibacterial properties that are good for the body, unlike many other kinds of sugar. Also, you can use honey for your skin.  It's a natural topical remedy for a glowing skin.

9. Storytellersrus profile image76
    Storytellersrusposted 6 years ago

I love stevia in my coffee, and recently discovered Stevia in the Raw- a sister product to Sugar in the Raw.  I think it is the best form I have discovered as yet.

As to other options, I love keoke coffee, which is coffee with blackstrap molasses!  It is so delicious and also healthy.

In a pinch, I will also use pure maple syrup, preferably from Vermont.  I am partial to the sort without corn syrup, and never use Aunt Jemimas, etc!

When friends come over and I have no milk for their coffee, I always dig out the vanilla ice cream.  I'm not partial to dairy in my coffee, but they seem to brighten at the thought!

10. BuffaloGal1960 profile image74
    BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years ago

Truvia is my favorite. Splenda wrecks my blood sugar (but I like the taste) and I don't care for the taste of raw Stevia.  I do like Agave Nectar but it is not compatible for me as a diabetic. But cool whip from the can makes a great creamer if you run out!