jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What food reminds you of your childhood?

1. jbrock2041 profile image82
    jbrock2041posted 6 years ago

What food reminds you of your childhood?

2. KathyH profile image94
    KathyHposted 6 years ago

OMG, it is a candy bar that only existed in the 1960's called a "Seven Up" candy bar, I MISS those! I wish they'd come out with them again... but I don't think that will ever happen. I used to save up my pennies and ride my bike to the local five and dime store to buy these candy bars. They were seven sections of milk chocolate, filled with seven different "center" flavors, like orange creme, coconut, maple... it was like a little box of "Whitman's" chocolates in ONE candy bar! smile They were soooo good. Today there is a candy bar called a Sky Bar that is similar, but only has four sections and it isn't as good as the "Seven Up" bar was.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Pancakes.  My mom used to make Bisquick pancakes and we use plain clear Karo syrup but if we were out, she made some kind of syrup with butter, and sugar.  It was great.  I think of it every time I have pancakes.

4. kerlynb profile image90
    kerlynbposted 6 years ago

Ice creams!

My dad would buy us ice creams after each visit to the dentist.  When I get a medal at school or something, we would go to an ice cream parlor.

As young as the age of 5, I already knew that I have a weakness for strawberry -flavored ice creams smile

5. Cat R profile image74
    Cat Rposted 6 years ago

Stews!

We never had much but my Mom can make anything out of nothing and still make it taste like it is everything!

6. Rachelle Williams profile image91
    Rachelle Williamsposted 6 years ago

Believe it or not, Scallions.  They used to grow wild in my great grandmother's back yard.

7. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Minute Rice cooked with Lipton chicken noodle soup broth-- Mom's 'go-to' side dish.

working