jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why do Women like Chocolate more than Men?

1. Lady_E profile image76
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

Why do Women like Chocolate more than Men?

2. OMGirdle profile image81
    OMGirdleposted 6 years ago

I think it has to do with estrogen levels. I think I'm the only woman who doesn't crave chocolate. It's not my favorite.

3. cheatlierepeat profile image86
    cheatlierepeatposted 6 years ago

Are you asking why we like chocolate more than men like chocolate or why do we like chocolate more than we like men? lol

I think level of hormones at the time of craving answers both questions smile

4. leroy64 profile image82
    leroy64posted 6 years ago

I assume it's because chocolate does not talk back; and, chocolate smells better than most of us guys.  Chocolate patiently waits until the woman is ready.  (Although chocolate does go bad if one waits too long.)   Chocolate always looks good in the wrapper and out of the wrapper.  Chocolate is never self conscious about hair loss.  Chocolate only receives love; but, never demands it. 

How'd I do?  I consider myself fairly clueless about women.

5. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 6 years ago

I don't see that this is true, because I know a lot of men that love chocolate - some for a kind of "high" they get from it; while I and some other women I know do not care for it much.

A doctor told one friend that craved it to take magnesium supplements instead. That worked.

6. Attikos profile image78
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

I don't know why women love chocolate, but I do know there's a reason men make gifts of it to them.

7. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

EXCUSE ME!  I'm a man.  I am a chocoholic, but not for that sweet milk chocolate that women like. I prefer the bitter sweet 70% dark chocolate and the dark chocolate has special medicinal properties too.

8. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 6 years ago

LOL...excuse me for chuckling.....but....should I read this as  WHY DO WOMEN LIKE CHOCOLATE MORE THAN MEN LIKE CHOCOLATE?.....or.....WHY DO WOMEN LIKE CHOCOLATE MORE THAN THEY LIKE MEN??....and I see that  CHEATLIEREPEAT asked the same question.......and I LOVE HER ANSWER!!!  I don't think I can top it......so I won't !!