jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you eaten Coyote Squash?

1. starstream profile image76
    starstreamposted 6 years ago

Have you eaten Coyote Squash?

How do you prepare it?

2. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 6 years ago

sorry couldn't resist. Coyote Squash sounds like a dish prepared with a western style road kill.

3. mlsweat profile image32
    mlsweatposted 6 years ago

You probably mean Chayote squash which is like summer squash in that it is very mild in taste. It is shaped like an avocado but much lighter green color. The texture resembles a Granny Smith apple. It's what some people make mock apple pie out of. It has a flat seed inside.

4. profile image0
    MP50posted 6 years ago

I ws going to say how would you catch a coyote nevermind squash it!

5. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

I've never even heard of it.

6. possum lover profile image58
    possum loverposted 6 years ago

No I haven't, and until now I've never heard of any such thing. You'll have to tell us more about it.

7. Golden1stop profile image45
    Golden1stopposted 6 years ago

Never have eaten Coyote Squash, before however if I can order some seeds for my garden in the spring I plan on planting this Veggie/Fruit. From what I have just read sounds like it would be great on all our dinner plates. No harder to prepare than a potato and seems to me as though would provide us all with more vitamins we all need. I found some excellent recipes for preparation that I am looking forward to stirring up.

Did try French fried sweet potatoes and they are a must try and go great with bourbon sauce.  Thanks to this Nice Restaurant in Colwich Kansas.