jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Are there any foods you hated as a kid, but tried later as an adult and found th

1. Jila777 profile image73
    Jila777posted 6 years ago

Are there any foods you hated as a kid, but tried later as an adult and found that you like them?

If so. which foods?

2. RTalloni profile image89
    RTalloniposted 6 years ago

It was coleslaw for me.  Not at all sure why, though.

3. Alex Hebert profile image58
    Alex Hebertposted 6 years ago

Definitely onions. Always loved the smell but they always ended up being too spicy for my childhood tastes. But now I love them!

4. tcknight profile image77
    tcknightposted 6 years ago

Steak.  Filet Mignon to be exact.  My dad made me try it when I was little and I hated how you could just keep chewing and chewing it like gum but it never felt like it was time to swallow.  Now, I love it.  A seasoned stake cooked rare, cool red in the middle...  I'm salivating just thinking about it.

5. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 6 years ago

Beans! Cornbread was the only thing that got mine down as a kid but now I can even eat them cold!

6. LisaKoski profile image95
    LisaKoskiposted 6 years ago

I used to hate cheese as a child, which was strange since pretty much every kid I've ever known loves mac 'n cheese. I even hated cheetos. Of course now I'm older I love it and I don't understand why I hated it so much.

7. Rachel Richmond profile image59
    Rachel Richmondposted 6 years ago

The dread of spinach ... but I love it now!  Yummm.. even on pizza.

8. Chin chin profile image93
    Chin chinposted 6 years ago

I really didn't like bitter gourd when I was a kid because it was really bitter. But now, I cook it and really like it. It's still bitter but it's really nutritious so I eat them. The question now is how I get my kids to eat them.

9. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 6 years ago

No, we were poor and in the middle of post WWII rationing, I had to eat the food that was served or go hungary.  Perhaps a principle that should be applied to the spoiled, over stuffed on junk food, brats of today

10. jesimpki profile image97
    jesimpkiposted 6 years ago

Cabbage rolls.  I always thought the smell of them cooking was horrible, yet I was curious enough to try them and found out I enjoy them.

11. algarveview profile image90
    algarveviewposted 6 years ago

For some reason I hated cheese, couldn't even bear the smell. Today, can't live without it... Go figure.

12. hawkdad73 profile image68
    hawkdad73posted 6 years ago

Hated veggies as a kid. Any sautéed veggies are awesome.

working