jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you add any special ingredients to chili?

1. LoriSoard profile image75
    LoriSoardposted 6 years ago

Do you add any special ingredients to chili?

We try to have chili about once a month or so. It's so easy to throw in the crock pot and eat on for several days. I'm getting really bored with the same old chili recipe. Any ideas for unique ingredients or recipes?

2. Hubathy profile image60
    Hubathyposted 6 years ago

Hey, my mother has a KILLER Chili recipe... I wonder If I'll be able to publish it tongue

I'll check with her, and come back to this post if successful lol smile

3. Midasfx profile image67
    Midasfxposted 6 years ago

My brother adds in a can of Bush Baked Beans Original.  It adds just the right amount of sweetness.

4. ptosis profile image72
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

I just order some Ghost Pepper (hotter than haberno) - planning to make LIegal Lip Remover, going to need a snow cone.

5. Brainy Bunny profile image94
    Brainy Bunnyposted 6 years ago

Do you struggle to get vegetables and healthier options into your kids' diet? Are you tired of the expense and health drawbacks of eating a lot of red meat? Add kid-friendly vegetarian chili to your weeknight repertoire and satisfy your whole... read more

6. modgirlok profile image59
    modgirlokposted 6 years ago

Beer! It cooks down so the alcohol isn't there, but the bit of extra flavor is. it doesn't make your chili taste like beer, it just adds a little more depth and complexity. It's important to choose the right beer. You don't want something too light or too bitter.

7. MickeySr profile image80
    MickeySrposted 6 years ago

cumin - heat is pointless to me, if what you enjoy about food is flavor . . . a little warmth can add a bit to the flavor, but I just don't 'get' the attraction of burning hot food. Cumin is the ingredient that adds that authentic Mexican flavor to chili and tacos, etc.