jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is your favorite "weird" combination of foods?

1. sarahbeth17 profile image60
    sarahbeth17posted 6 years ago

What is your favorite "weird" combination of foods?

Mine is adding Extra Virgin Coconut Oil to a lot of things that you wouldn't think it would taste good with (eggs, oatmeal).

2. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

I like to dip carrots in chocolate.  It tastes really good, especially the small sweet carrots.  Well, just about anything is better with chocolate.

3. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

A frozen Mars Bar (chocolate) with chip shop chips (french fries) with lots of brown spicy sauce and vinegar on the chips - eating them together is delicious and of course very fattening if having this regularly, so I keep it to a treat very occasionally.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I like to fry corn chex in butter and then coat them with parmesan cheese and lots of salt.  A great if not healthy snack.

5. katielrose profile image61
    katielroseposted 6 years ago

Wendy's fries dipped in (chocolate) frosty. A friend in high school convinced me to try it and anytime I go to Wendy's (not often lately) that's what I have.

6. Gordon Hamilton profile image96
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 6 years ago

I like to experiment with foodstuffs and suppose I must combine a lot of things that others would consider weird. Nothing really springs to mind in that sense.

One thing I remember from childhood, however, is that I had a cousin whose favourite sandwich was comprised of strawberry jam and sliced pickled onions. As far as I remember, she used to eat this sandwich just about every day in life. Where she got the idea from, I've no idea and - funnily enough - I can't remember whether I ever tried the combination! smile

7. EuroCafeAuLait profile image83
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 6 years ago

I knew a friend who put peanut butter on watermelon - she said it was the best.  My favorite not-so-weird combination, also with PB, is an open faced peanut butter and grated carrot sandwich on whole wheat bread - yummy.  Bananas can be substituted - it's great.

8. sarahbeth17 profile image60
    sarahbeth17posted 6 years ago

speaking of childhood favorite sandwiches.... mine was a butter and sugar sandwich. Lots of butter and sugar on bread, thats it. My mother let me have that all the time, I would never let my kids eat something like that!

9. pharuk temmy t profile image36
    pharuk temmy tposted 6 years ago

Fried rice and bread, and just step it down adding red sauce inside a cup of tea

10. larcaustin46 profile image86
    larcaustin46posted 6 years ago

When I was pregnant, I craved rare roast beef from Central Market's deli--they use lots of garlic and pepper in their rub--and I always followed up with a not-quite-ripe banana.  My youngest is almost nine now and I still like pairing those two foods--go figure.

working