Do Gluten-Free breads always have to be soggy?

1. relawshe profile image74
    relawsheposted 5 years ago

Do Gluten-Free breads always have to be soggy?

I've tried all kinds of G.F. breads, made from all sorts of ingredients, like rice flour, potato starch, and tapioca.  They ALWAYS get soggy and gross.  Any ways to prevent this sogginess?

2. profile image0
    Peelander Gallyposted 5 years ago

Inorite? Gluten free bread is so gross. I've had some that would do the world a lot more good as a paperweight or doorstop, too. I haven't tried making my own in the bread machine from scratch because it's so difficult, but this stuff --> http://udisglutenfree.com/ is actually pretty good if you can find it, I know Whole Foods carries their products. Buying it is much easier than performing alchemic magic with tapioca starch and sorghum flour.

I don't know if there's a gluten free bakery anywhere in your city, either, but there's one about 60 miles from me that makes amazing products, though I've never attempted to go because everything always sells out immediately, aside from the fact that it's so far and I can't afford it. tongue Anyway, point is, my friend's grandmother fed me one of their ciabatta rolls and it was like real bread. So good GF bread does exist.

working