jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best way to cook a roast?

1. Victoria Lynn profile image91
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

What is the best way to cook a roast?

In the oven? On the stove? In a crock pot? And how do you make it tender? What seasonings do you add?

2. Moms-Secret profile image82
    Moms-Secretposted 6 years ago

Oh man Victoria, you are going to send me searching for a specific cook book.  It had an awesome roast recipe that I have not made in years.  I remember that I had to season it and flour it, then fry the outsides in a skillet with olive oil. 

Then it went into a crock pot with veggies and onion soup.  I am sure there are other things.  It fell to pieces when it was done and had so much flavor.  Yummy.

Crap, your gonna make me look for the crock pot too aren't you...lol.

3. Joelipoo profile image84
    Joelipooposted 6 years ago

Using a crock pot is probably the easiest way.  You can kind of put it in and forget it.  It's always good to put in carrots, potatoes, and onions.  The vegatables will help bring out some good flavors.  Also, a way to make it tender is putting a can of ginger ale in with the water you cook the roast in.

4. A.A. Zavala profile image83
    A.A. Zavalaposted 6 years ago

I inject mine with Teriyaki sauce in pyrex pan.  I add button mushrooms, carrots, and potatoes slices then marinade all with more teriyaki sauce.  Leave in fridge overnight.  Cook and serve with toasted challah bread.