jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

If you are gluten-sensitive, can you tell a little about your 3 favourite GF bak

1. techygran profile image92
    techygranposted 6 years ago

If you are gluten-sensitive, can you tell a little about your 3 favourite GF baking recipes?

Gluten-sensitivity and coeliac disease are on the rise.  There are many GF blogs with many recipes online.  I personally have a hard time finding really great GF recipes for any baked items such as bread, buns, cake or cookies.  They don't taste as good as they claim and a far-cry from "regular" wheat-flour baking.  If you have come across 3 amazingly delicious GF baked goods recipes, I'd love to see them!

2. roxanne459 profile image89
    roxanne459posted 6 years ago

Gluten Free baking is hard. You are absolutely right when you say they just don't come out right. sad  We have been Gluten Free for a little over 7 years and have come up with many awesome recipes but, we usually turn to a package for our brownies, cookies, etc. Sorry I couldn't be helpful but if you're ever in need of an idea for a meal, we have lots! wink

techygranposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thanks roxanne-- yes, the box ingredients seem to work the best for me a lot of the time as well...but soooo pricey.  And thanks for the invite for the meal recipes... I'll be sure to check those out!

3. infonolan profile image78
    infonolanposted 6 years ago

Here is a recipe for a chocolate cake, that won't repel the others.

Flour-less chinese five-spice chocolate cake:

400 g good-quality dark chocolate, finely chopped (I use Lindt’s new 70% Cocoa Specialty Cooking Chocolate)
    1 1/4 cup (275 g) castor sugar
    1/2 cup (125 ml) water
    5 tsp Chinese five spice powder
    280 g unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into small chunks
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    6 eggs (about 340 g total weight)

see http://almostbourdain.blogspot.com.au/2 … olate.html

If you're in the United States of America for a more complete chocolate cake I'd recommend the Gluten Free Sun Flour Mills chocolate cake mix. The cake made from the mix won first-prize in its section! Even non-gf people loved it! Unfortunately as I'm in Australia it's not easy to get it over here cheaply.

I'd also encourage you to check out http://gfboulange.blogspot.com.au/ for some delicious gluten free bread recipes, some of which I've tried and can tell you they are some of the nicest breads when fresh!

techygranposted 5 years agoin reply to this

the referral to the gfboulange.blogspot.com/au website really clinched my selection of this answer-- wow, what scrumptious looking bread she makes!

4. techygran profile image92
    techygranposted 5 years ago

Thanks infonolan for what sounds like a pretty delish GFchocolate cake recipe-- I forgot to mention that I was also vegan, so the butter would have to be sub'd with coconut oil (which works well) but those 6 eggs... well, that might be part of the problem with MY trying to get the same results with my GF recipes (no eggs!).  Ah well... I'm sure there are many out there who will benefit from your generous inclusion of this recipe, and thanks again!