jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is your favorite kitchen tool?

1. MSantana profile image44
    MSantanaposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite kitchen tool?

2. Fantasy Hi-D profile image60
    Fantasy Hi-Dposted 6 years ago

It depends on the occassion, Filipinos have a varied taste. I myself during parties and most Filipinos are...would look for the "Lechon Baboy". I love the crispy golden brown pig's skin. Hmmmm.... and the smell of lemon grass and other spices stuff in the pig's stomach will add to the savory  taste of lechon. There is no big event or celebration in the Philippines without a roasted pig.

Next on the line are "adobong baboy" or a"adobong manok" cooked until with combined vinegar, soysauce, laurel leaf, seasonings and a dash of sugar for a unique delicious combination of taste. Adobo is the main course during light or small occassions like beach or garden party. For the Filipino men... they will the party if they are served with roasted fish and their favorite "fish kinilaw".

Try these Filipino dlicacies and you will surely love to have Filipino dishes in the table!

3. Hally Z. profile image76
    Hally Z.posted 6 years ago

My imagination! I can make almost anything that I can imagine...

4. The Marker profile image59
    The Markerposted 6 years ago

Creativity! Even if you don't have all the ingredients and tools, you can always have food on the table. Taste will decide though.

Oh wait! If you mean an object, I can't live without a good knife in the kitchen.

5. hoteltravel profile image70
    hoteltravelposted 6 years ago

Knife and peeler. There is nothing special about them, but these two are the most essential tools in kitchen. Once I am comfortable with a knife, I find it difficult to adjust to another one.

6. fadetheglitter profile image58
    fadetheglitterposted 6 years ago

I have two sets of favorites:
    1) My Kitchenaid Artisan Mixer
    2) Our pinch bowls!  Think Alton Brown style.  I love having everything measured out and then putting all of the ingredients together for a large recipe.