jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is your favorite type of fish to cook and eat, and why is it your favorite?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image88
    oceansnsunsetsposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite type of fish to cook and eat, and why is it your favorite?

2. anglnwu profile image91
    anglnwuposted 5 years ago

I like Tilapia fillet. It cooks quickly, absorbs flavors readily and works well with different methods of cooking. I've panfried, broil, bake and steam it and have even used it in an Asian soup. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's very versatile and it doesn't flake as much as some white fish.

3. hush4444 profile image70
    hush4444posted 5 years ago

I love all kinds of fish, but my absolute favorite is a Hawaiian fish called opah. It tastes like a combination of mahi mahi and salmon.  I saute it in a little bit of olive oil and garlic, then deglaze the pan with lemon juice, add macadamia nuts and pour the whole bit over the fish - heavenly!

4. profile image52
    successin2012posted 5 years ago

I love king salmon.It is good whether your cook it in a pan or on the grill.It has the most amount of good fish oil.

5. Rolly A Chabot profile image85
    Rolly A Chabotposted 5 years ago

Fresh caught Pacific Salmon... the taste is second to none fresh out of the water. Add some Cedar smoke in the barbie and look out the neighbours are on their way over.

6. lenamariee profile image84
    lenamarieeposted 5 years ago

I love Salmon.  It's easy to cook, flavorful and very hearty.

7. cookies4breakfast profile image60
    cookies4breakfastposted 5 years ago

I'm in the salmon fan club.  It's easy to cook, and it's delicious hot or cold.  Being a total condiment queen, my favorite thing about it is the cucumber dill sauce I serve on it!  There are recipes for it all over the net, but I use either plain Greek yogurt or sour cream, finely chop a peeled cucumber, chop up a ton of dill, add a little salt, maybe some lemon, and yum.

8. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

I have 2. I love crabmeat stuffed haddock and grilled swordfish. I love the haddock because it's so light, flaky and flavorful and I make a killer crabmeat stuffing.
    Swordfish doesn't have a ton of flavor but with the right marianade it can be amazing. I like the density of swordfish...sort of like steak, and always delicious.

9. chefk555 profile image60
    chefk555posted 5 years ago

I like to cook with Tilapia as well. I like it the most because it doesn't have a fishy taste to it and it is easy to find at a reasonable cost. I am on a fixed budget and anything that is inexpensive I am all for it (as long as it tastes good). My favorite way of making it is through baking within parchment paper.

To do this, take a piece of parchment paper and fold it in half. Cut the parchment paper into a half circle and then open it up. Place the fish towards the crease. sprinkle the fish with olive oil and place in your favorite veggies and seasonings on top. Fold over the sides of the parchment paper to make it a pouch. Then you just need to bake it for 6-8 minutes at 375 degrees and you can enjoy.

working