jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What do you usually have for breakfast? Is breakfast a cultural thing?

1. algarveview profile image89
    algarveviewposted 5 years ago

What do you usually have for breakfast? Is breakfast a cultural thing?

2. BlissfulWriter profile image68
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

Here is what I eat for breakfast...
    http://blissfulwriter.hubpages.com/hub/ … ecipe-Meal

And it is healthy too.

3. christin53 profile image80
    christin53posted 5 years ago

I usually have a coffee to wake me up with  toast or cereal I'm not usually hungry but feel I should eat something to start the day.

4. tonymead60 profile image93
    tonymead60posted 5 years ago

I can't do anything before breakfast, home made bread, cheese and ham, with two cups of instant coffee.

5. profile image0
    susanm23bposted 5 years ago

During the week, I usually eat either oatmeal with fruit or a banana, blueberry, yogurt smoothie.  On the weekends, I will cook something more involved.

I definitely believe that what you eat for breakfast is related to what you ate when you were growing up.

6. LaThing profile image72
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

Large mug of coffee with hot chocolate and cool whip on top...... Delicious! After that I don't need any breakfast. I know, I know, it's not healthy at all, but I do eat healthy lunch and dinner smile

7. Xenonlit profile image59
    Xenonlitposted 5 years ago

Tea and biscuits. Sometimes I have a big breakfast with grits, eggs and bacon or ham.

The style of the breakfast depends on what foods are available in a region, but all humans need to break their fast.

I lived in Europe for a time and came to love the light, continental breakfast.

Getting older means that huge breakfasts don't have to be prepared for everyone, so I eat a lot less and like it.

8. Sage in a Cage profile image80
    Sage in a Cageposted 5 years ago

I love porridge with brown sugar on top. It keeps me going all the way to lunch and is so comforting in winter.  I definitely think what food items you consume for breakfast is a cultural thing. When I was travelling through Asia having meat and rice was common for breakfast where I would usually only have considered that a dinner or lunch choice.

9. anglnwu profile image90
    anglnwuposted 5 years ago

I think most of the hubbers have answered the first part of the question. As for me, being a transplant (from Singapore to America), my breakfast in Singapore consisted of a variety of options--congee, steam buns, noodles, roti prata (Indian bread with curry), savory little snacks  (quite like dimsum) and bread. Even now, it's hard to get the stuff I used to get in Singapore, so my breakfast is pretty much Americanized--bread, bagels, muffins, cereals. Still, if given a choice, I would like to eat the way I used to eat--some congee, please!

10. Clayton Fernandes profile image79
    Clayton Fernandesposted 5 years ago

lol no its not a cultural thing. Its certainly an essential. Its to break your fast from the night of sleeping. Not only that, your brain can very well function much better. It truly is one of the most important part to the beginning of your day. Its like saying, Is going to the toilet a cultural thing?