jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Which nation produces the best chocolate?

1. alian346 profile image72
    alian346posted 5 years ago

Which nation produces the best chocolate?

Many nations produce examples of very fine chocolate eg France, UK, USA, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland. Which one do you think makes the best stuff?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6572074_f260.jpg

2. annart profile image87
    annartposted 5 years ago

We do of course!  There's nothing like Cadbury's dark chocolate and the milk chocolate is the creamiest I've ever tasted.
    Lindt comes a very close second though!

1. alian346 profile image72
      alian346posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think we've been here before!!

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

I reckon a toss up between Belgium and Switzerland, sorry annart, I'm English, I think Cadbury's is rubbish, even their Bourneville.

4. Khal Blogo profile image60
    Khal Blogoposted 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure it's the Swiss. Then the belgiums, germans, english and... sirians. Yea, they make surpisingly good chocolate in Siria, ate some once, it was very good.

5. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

Well, I've had Belgian, Swiss and U.S. chocolates, and I loved the Belgian chocolate the most, it was so creamy and delicious!!

6. am301986 profile image61
    am301986posted 5 years ago

Some of the best chocolate can be found in these countries:

Switzerland: Despite having a climate that is inhospitable to growing cacao plants, and never having colonized any regions that could produce them, Switzerland is widely recognized as a country that produces delicious chocolate.

Belgium:  Belgium produces 172,000 tons of chocolate each year, and more than 2,000 chocolate shops are located throughout the country, according to the Visit Belgium website. Just as in Switzerland, Belgian chocolate makers must import the cacao beans they use, as the climate is not hospitable to producing the crop domestically.

Italy: Amadei chocolates are produced in Italy by a company established in 1990.The makers of Amadei chocolate buy their cacao beans directly from growers rather than working through brokers.

7. Linzred profile image60
    Linzredposted 5 years ago

I love Cadburys but wouldn't class it as 'good quality' but Cadburys now own Green and Blacks which is very good.

I think the UK makes the best crap chocolate - eg. Cadburys creme egg, Rowntrees kit kat.

8. profile image0
    Chris Hughposted 5 years ago

Call me crazy, but I like German chocolate. Lecker!

working