jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Do you make you kids finish their dinner?

1. Written Up profile image75
    Written Upposted 5 years ago

Do you make you kids finish their dinner?

2. denisemai profile image72
    denisemaiposted 5 years ago

No. I make sure they have eaten what I think is enough but I don't make them finish it. I think your body knows when it's full and there's no reason to stuff it past that point. We follow the healthy portions eaten throughout the day theory. smile

1. Seafarer Mama profile image87
      Seafarer Mamaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

We take the same approach. Very important to let children "listen" to their bodies, and honor what their bodies "tell" them.

3. MargaritaEden profile image74
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

Usually no, but if there is something they don't want to finish, they have to at least eat two bites of it.

4. chebochemangat profile image60
    chebochemangatposted 5 years ago

i usally give an amount i think they will finish and play around  it untill they finish. To answer the question, yes i try to, even if it is not at one go.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

No. Making a huge deal about food is just asking for a child to become an overweight adult.  Make sure they have a lot of healthy choices. Ask them to take a bite of a new food and then let them alone.

6. moonfairy profile image82
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

my son is older now and married but when he was home I never forced him to finish his meal....as long as he ate enough, that was okay.

7. Written Up profile image75
    Written Upposted 5 years ago

We go with a "no thank you bite" policy.  They aren't forced to join the clean plate club, but they are expected to try a bite of everything on their plate.