jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Do you have any life-changing recipes?

1. DeborahNeyens profile image97
    DeborahNeyensposted 5 years ago

Do you have any life-changing recipes?

I picked up a cookbook at the library the other day called 100 Recipes Every Woman Should Know. One of the recipes was called Engagement Chicken developed by an editor at Glamour magazine. The book chronicled the success stories of numerous women who became engaged shortly after making the dish for their boyfriends. This got me thinking about other "life-changing" recipes people might have; sure-fire dishes that get results every time. What is yours?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

well, this isn't in that category, but gluten free recipes and discovering that I had an illness wheat had been contributing to for years.  Eating gluten free has given me energy, reduced fatigue, cleared up my eczema I had for years on my leg, and caused me to no longer have pain after I eat - so that did alter my life and make it much better smile

DeborahNeyensposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think that counts, Christin, since your life was changed for the better. Was there any particular gluten free recipe you came across that made you think, I can do this. I can make delicious gluten free food?

2. ChristinS profile image96
      ChristinSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

the first time I made a gluten free bread that tasted like real bread lol.  I had bought some in the store and it was awful! I thought if that's all I have to look forward to, bummer! but I experimented and made bread that tasted good - SMILE big_smile

3. Handicapped Chef profile image80
    Handicapped Chefposted 5 years ago

I really Don't know about life changing recipes but ....What I did ....I was 628 pounds and I read a article about using green tea so what I did was took fried foods out of my everyday diet stop using white sugar and white  breads added a whole lot of of green leafy vegetables and ate only grill or baked chicken and fish plus added the green tea and water only I went from 628 to 407 in 7 months and is still losing, I also went on to write a blog about using green tea to help you lose weight here on hubpages.

DeborahNeyensposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good for you! What an amazing story.

working