jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Any tips on melting white chocolate chips? I've used both a double boiler and mi

1. JaimePage profile image61
    JaimePageposted 5 years ago

Any tips on melting white chocolate chips? I've used both a double boiler and microwave - no luck.

2. innerspin profile image91
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

If you mean chocolate chips bought for baking, I don't think they are meant to melt. Have you tried holding some in your mouth for a few minutes? ( And no, please don't cook with them if this works!)

3. cryptid profile image99
    cryptidposted 5 years ago

There are special little gadgets you can get to melt chocolate for baking and candy making.  I'm no expert, but my wife uses one for melting different kinds of chocolate and drizzling it all over stuff for the holidays. It's like a little electric pot that warms the chocolate up until it's all melty. 

I can tell you that pretty much anything is good with melted white chocolate on it.  Cookies. Pretzels.  Old boots. 

Not sure what it's called but a quick google search turned up a bunch of such gadgets. Seems way easier than trying to do it on the stove or in the microwave.

4. Dia Jacobs profile image66
    Dia Jacobsposted 5 years ago

Hi JaimePage. If you are using chips meant for baking, sure it wouldn't melt. However it does work if you are using converture chocolate. You can melt them in the microwave for 10 seconds after which, check and stir it slightly and put it in again for 10 seconds. Repeat the process until the whole amount of chocolate is melted. Good luck! smile

5. profile image0
    paxwillposted 5 years ago

White chocolate chips are mostly sugar so they will burn more easily.  Try melting a little butter in a microwave safe dish and then adding the chips to the hot liquid butter. Don't use margarine.

working