jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should government ban foods or should we do a better job of regulating food labe

1. 4FoodSafety profile image73
    4FoodSafetyposted 5 years ago

Should government ban foods or should we do a better job of regulating food labels?

I don't wish to read the fine print. We have street signs rather than verbiage, our computers are now crafted with universal signs and yet our food labels are still designed for the rocket scientist complete with reading glasses.

I don't want to have to put my reading glasses on to make educated choices. I want to see what I am really eating right on the label.

I want to see teaspoons of sugar contained right on the front of the label. I want to see number of servings and calories clearly where I am not straining my eyes and calculating the number of servings contained in a package.

2. BSloan profile image74
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

I do not think the government should be in charge of banning any foods I choose to eat or drink.  I usually stick to the more natural less processed foods which are naturally healthier.

3. Gary Holdaway profile image84
    Gary Holdawayposted 5 years ago

I often think this, along with coca-cola and cigarettes.

If the government banned cigarettes they'd lose millions of pounds/dollars in taxes, which is of course more important to them than the welfare of our citizens. I myself am a smoker, and I'd love them to be banned. People say there'd be an uprising if that happened, but if there was ever going to an uprising it would have happened the countless times we get governments appointed that nobody voted for....

Back to the point, all food groups, even sat-fat are necessary to our existence, and it is up to us to either stay healthy or not. So long as you know what is a healthy existence, you'll never have to read labels smile

4. velzipmur profile image79
    velzipmurposted 5 years ago

I agree with BSloan the government needs to stay out of banning foods. I should be able to choose what I want to eat or drink, this is still a free country right?