jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is your favorite kind of cake?

1. nanderson500 profile image83
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

What is your favorite kind of cake?

2. Goody5 profile image71
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Chocolate cake always makes my mouth water. Keep on hubbing  smile

3. BSloan profile image74
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

I love Lemon creme cake (like the one they serve at Olive Garden).

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I guess in reality, I've never met a cake I don't like.  Favorite is from the bakery, white with that wonderful, greasy bakery frosting and lots of icing flowers on it.

5. billd01603 profile image86
    billd01603posted 5 years ago

I agree, I like all kinds of chocolate cake.

6. Thefilmguy24 profile image71
    Thefilmguy24posted 5 years ago

Since I am a Type 1 diabetic and can't eat too much sugar, and if I did have a sweet tooth I'd probably choose Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. It's really good and creamy and the peanut butter cups are just freaking delicious.

7. Claudia Tello profile image77
    Claudia Telloposted 5 years ago

It has to be chocolate cake! The less floury the better. I like it to really taste like chocolate and be dense, not fluffy. My top chocolate cake is a flourless chocolate cake I make with cocoa, sweet potato, sugar and eggs. Simply delicious. I´ve actually shared the recipe here in Hubpages but I reckon the photo doesn´t make it justice, it tastes 100% better than it looks there. I really ought to change it......

8. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

A home made lovingly prepared and baked dense chunky juicy fruity out of a proper kitchen and into the arms of family and friends one and only FRUIT CAKE full of raisins, dates, sultanas, cherries, mixed peel, nuts and other unidentifiable sweet fragments, soaked in sherry or brandy or even a decent whiskey for that added extra bit of bite.

Yes my firm favourite is without doubt fruit cake.

9. joanwz profile image75
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

my favorite is gingerbread. For the diabetics, the spelnda website has some great cake recipes of all kinds, including one a fantastic ginberbread. For those who don't care about the calories gingerbread is great with a dolop of whipped cream.

10. vespawoolf profile image96
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

Right now I'm in the mood for a tender, moist white cake loaded with thick buttercream frosting. I'd pipe pink flowers on it just for fun, take photos and share them on HubPages. :   )