jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (19 posts)

Okay...so you can have any kind of dessert you want...

1. elisabeth reid profile image62
    elisabeth reidposted 10 years ago

cost isn't an object.  Calories?  Pshaw -- it's all calorie-free for tonight.   Time of preparation?  Not an issue. 

What would it be?

(and no, I'm not going to get it for you -- this is hypothetical -- so there).

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 10 years ago

Call me a peasant if you will....

Pineapple upside down cake with hot custard or Lemon meringue pie . Hmmmmmm....

3. elisabeth reid profile image62
    elisabeth reidposted 10 years ago

Oh, yummmmm...I love both of 'em but the pineapple upside down cake is easier to do at this altitude.  I finally found a good lemon meringue pie recipe but it took years of trial and error to find it...and then quite a bit of fine-tuning.

4. protjack profile image51
    protjackposted 10 years ago
  5. Blogger Mom profile image72
    Blogger Momposted 10 years ago

NY Cheesecake or anything chocolate.
    Or just chocolate cheesecake. smile

1. WeddingConsultant profile image69
      WeddingConsultantposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Blogger mom, I'd have to agree.  My favorite dessert is cheesecake, hands down!

6. gamergirl profile image58
    gamergirlposted 10 years ago

Most expensive chocolate in the world.

20-someodd different types of cocoa.. mmmmmm

7. peachtron profile image60
    peachtronposted 10 years ago

Totally my Mother-in-Law's Strawberry Shortcake.  It is literally, to die for.  Just melts in your mouth.

8. crazyhorsesghost profile image76
    crazyhorsesghostposted 10 years ago

Apple Dumplings with Cool Whip or Vanilla Ice Creme is something you will never forget. One of the best tasting desserts I have ever eaten. And Chocolate Cake can just not be beaten if made right. But my all time fav is Sour Creme Coconut Cake.

9. ZEV profile image70
    ZEVposted 10 years ago

An Idaho favorite is hot Huckleberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream on top. I did however taste a chocolate cake from Costco the other day and I think it was the best I had ever tasted in my life.

10. mgwhite profile image70
    mgwhiteposted 9 years ago

Big, rich chocolate milk shake, or cookies & cream milk shake. I know it's not fancy, but it's something I love that I never (almost) let myself have.

11. Zsuzsy Bee profile image89
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 9 years ago

A big slice of cherry cheesecake with a slice of cherry cheesecake chaser and a glass of Portuguese Port to wash it down with.....drool-dibble-dribble-drool (not a pretty sight) zs

elisabeth reidposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I dunno...I'm right there with you.  Even worse, probably.  I usually do cherry cheesecake for holiday dinners....and I didn't make one for Easter.

I'm going through withdrawal.

12. Maddie Ruud profile image78
    Maddie Ruudposted 9 years ago

The chocolate-orange cheesecake brownies I made this week were pretty darn good.  Why is it that I always make the tastiest desserts when I'm improvising?

elisabeth reidposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Because, if you're like me, when you try and replicate what you improved...well...

Drives me crazy.

13. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 9 years ago

Apple and cherry pie if my mom is baking it.  She is such a great baker and I love her crust.  The filling is also great too.  When she makes apple pie she uses apples from their trees, so I always love it.

14. RFox profile image71
    RFoxposted 9 years ago

Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie......Mmmmmmmmmmmm.....
    Oh and I'm totally addicted to Gulab Jaman. So if cost was no object I would fly back to Jaipur to eat Gulab Jaman at Natraj Restaurant.....best dessert ever!

15. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 9 years ago

neopolitan ice cream.  never gets old to me.  delish.

16. TessaEvans profile image46
    TessaEvansposted 9 years ago

Oh, there are simply too many to choose from.  I am desserts number one fan!!  It may be quicker for me to say what I don't want........

A definite no to school custard, if you could have called it that.

I think right now, it would be homemade rhubarb crumble and custard.  Delicious.