jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you feel about crisps?

1. Mini Man Me profile image78
    Mini Man Meposted 5 years ago

How do you feel about crisps?

What is your favourite flavour? Salt and vinegar? Ready Salted?

2. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

A while ago, Walkers was having a contest, and i rather enjoyed the shredded duck and hoisin sauce flavor they had. I never got to try the squirrel one. There was another one they had that I was rather partial to, but I can't remember what it was. I don't live over there any more.
    Generally, I'm not a crisp eater, thought when I did live in the UK, I was rather fond of Hula Hoops. These days, if I do have them, I like the sweet potato ones, the vegetable based ones or the beet ones. I've never really been that big on standard potatoes to begin with smile

3. Goody5 profile image70
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Salt and vinegar for me, and I feel pretty good about crisps.

4. Mazzy Bolero profile image79
    Mazzy Boleroposted 5 years ago

I love the hand-cooked kind, straight salted, no synthetic flavors, and I detest those perfectly circular ones made from some kind of reconstituted mashed potato.

They are of course called chips in the U.S. and that causes some confusion, because when Brits talk about chips they mean what Americans call French fries.  That puzzles me - when did plain old chips become French? 

However, I cannot buy my favorite crisps because if I do, I will eat the entire pack in one evening, a few at a time. You could leave a box of candy in front of me all night and I would never touch it, but those Kettle chips I cannot resist.  They call out to me, "Eat me, Eat me, come one, just a few more ...." Can you be addicted to potato crisps?

5. profile image0
    paxwillposted 5 years ago

My favorite are the thick-cut variety, salted. The dill pickle flavored ones are good on sandwiches.