jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Why do you drink tap water?

1. The Jet profile image79
    The Jetposted 4 years ago

Why do you drink tap water?

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

We have a well and our tap water has no additives in it. Very good water.

3. sarahmoose profile image78
    sarahmooseposted 4 years ago

It's free!! Plus, I tend to have squash or cordial in it anyway, which makes it taste better.

4. JimTxMiller profile image78
    JimTxMillerposted 4 years ago

Lowest costing clean water available with the lowest environmental impact.

5. Kevin Peter profile image72
    Kevin Peterposted 4 years ago

It is the clean water that is available at the lowest cost. So why to waste money for something expensive.

6. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 4 years ago

It is convenient. It is relatively cheap and it does not come in plastic bottles that have to be recycled or go to the landfill. In addition, I know my tap water is constantly tested for contaminants. You do not always have that assurance with bottled water and sometimes you do, because it comes from a city water supply sometimes.

7. Weekend Reader profile image87
    Weekend Readerposted 4 years ago

I filter it before drinking tap water. Why waste money and natural resources on bottled water? The statistics on the number of not-quite-biodegradable plastic bottles used for water are scary.

8. Elderberry Arts profile image97
    Elderberry Artsposted 4 years ago

Very cheap, clean, low environmental impact and healthier than many other choices. We do have a water filter but also drink it straight from the tap.

9. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

We have our own well, too, tested and filtered. It tastes good.  No chlorine. No plastic bottles.

10. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

I usually boil the tap water in a kettle, let it cool down before drinking it. I don't drink directly from the to even though it has been filtered. Many times, i could see bits of sands at the bottom of the kettle. Just couldn't think of drinking sands for my family.

11. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

Our city water supply is safe, and we already pay to have it piped in; why would I pay again to buy bottled water at the store?  That's just dumb--a waste of money--and we have no extra money to waste.
    There is no need to boil water from treated, municipal water systems.  It is perfectly safe and healthy.
    SOME communities do have a higher mineral content in their water that makes it taste funny, even though it is still 100% safe.  Those folks might benefit from some kind of filtration or water softener system, but there is still no need to waste money buying water at the store.

working