jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

What is the most exotic food you have ever eaten?

1. Faith Reaper profile image86
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

What is the most exotic food you have ever eaten?

Do you eat exotic food, if so, what would you consider to be the most exotic food you have eaten?  Thank you for answering. 

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8605660_f260.jpg

2. tlmcgaa70 profile image75
    tlmcgaa70posted 4 years ago

escargo. my sister and i went on a cruise and i decided that since it was an adventure i would not eat anything on the cruise that i could eat on dry land. so i chose escargo. the fellow sharing our table and sitting next to me ordered rock lobster. while waiting for our meals to arrive, we learned that neither of us had ever eaten lobster or escargo before, so we decided to share a bite of our respective dishes with the other. it was a great learning experience. i learned i love lobster (real) and escargo is not half as bad as i was lead to believe. smile may i ask, is that an egg? i have heard japanese or chinese will eat eggs close to hatching readiness, raw. that is something i would never do...i have also heard they believe rotten eggs to be a delicacy...erp!

Faith Reaperposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi timcgaa70, thank you for sharing yoour exotic food experience on your cruise. I have had lobster and loved it. Yes, that is an egg and the person who answered before you knew what it is ...erp ...

3. jaydawg808 profile image90
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

I've never eaten any exotic foods, honestly. Interestingly, this picture you have here is "balut" which is a developing chicken or duck embryo that is boiled alive, then eaten.  It's a Filipino cuisine.

Hi jaydaw808, Thank you for answering even if you have not eaten any exotic food. I know and that to me is exotic! I have heard of monkey brains too : (

2. profile image0
      christiananrkistposted 4 years agoin reply to this

i would try a lot of things, but i may be drawing a line at balut.

4. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 4 years ago

i never thought of it as exotic, but beef kelaguen. raw beef cooked in lemon juice hot peppers and other spices. popular in Guam. its awesome if you ever get the chance to try.

Hi christiananrkist, sounds great!  Thank you for answering.

5. suzzycue profile image93
    suzzycueposted 4 years ago

Deep fried gator or stingray sauteed in a white wine butter sauce. Is that exotic or not? Have a good News Year's Faith Reaper! This year has to be better than last year my friend!

Hi Dear suzzycue! Yes...that is pretty exotic indeed ...wow! Happy New Year to you and, yes, it has to be for sure.

2. suzzycue profile image93
      suzzycueposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Faith Reaper!

3. Faith Reaper profile image86

You're welcome, Suzzy!  Happy New Year!

6. profile image59
    EmilySparks2894posted 4 years ago

I'm afraid the only strange food i've eaten is octopus, squid, and deer heart....not as exotic as most people!

Well, I'd say those are pretty exotic!  Thank you for answering.

working