jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What food is this? Where does it originated from?

1. Secretabundance profile image69
    Secretabundanceposted 3 years ago

What food is this?  Where does it originated from?

What is this food called?

2. liesl5858 profile image85
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

To me it looks like samosa but I could be wrong. Also it looks like a pie but having not seen what it contains I can't say what it is. But I saw this kind of food before. Most Arab people make this, I know some of them put mince meat with peas and spices or cheese then fry it. Some are actually delicious.

3. Anti-Valentine profile image95
    Anti-Valentineposted 3 years ago

Samosas are usually more triangular than whatever those things are. I'd say perhaps a Cornish pasty, which comes from the UK. They look similar, due to the way they are folded and crimped on one side, but just not big enough. Otherwise it might just be a small pie of sorts. They do look familiar...

4. Secretabundance profile image69
    Secretabundanceposted 3 years ago

The content are pretty similar to samosa, curry flavoured potatoes and meat or the content can be replaced with peanut and sugar.  Yummy and easy to make too.

5. profile image0
    ronald medinaposted 3 years ago

This food is called enpanada . Vegetables or meat filled puff pastry dough .Enpanada if big and enpanadita if small can be cook deep fried or in the oven . If i am not mistaken this food is originally from mexico , cousin of tacos.

6. Cameronct profile image61
    Cameronctposted 3 years ago

Those are curry and peanut puffs (according to the website that uses the picture) . The picture is from here: http://foodscream.blogspot.sg/2008/04/c … puffs.html

You seem to be curious about a lot of food so here's a tip. Google images has a feature where you can drag and drop a picture into the images search bar and it will look for photos similar to it.

7. The Examiner-1 profile image73
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

They are an Asian dish, as Cameronct said they are called "Curry Puffs" or "Peanut Puffs".