Tea or coffee drinking.

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 133 discussions (213 posts)
  1. sarovai profile image74
    sarovaiposted 14 years ago

Which is advisable? Taking cofee or tea after food or before food? which is mostly recommeded or practised?

1. shamelabboush profile image51
      shamelabboushposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's highly recommended and advised to have coffee after food only but small amount bcz coffee helps the digestion system while tea is really harmful since it absorbs the minerals from your meal... But if you have too, have green teas only and 1 hour at least after food. This should vitalize you and bon appetite smile

sarovaiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very interesting. Tea after food, absorbs minerals? Which are the minerals we lose? Can you share?

Generally and obviously, you will lose the minerals contained in your food, which will make your body (in time) lack the basic nuitritious ingredient needed... You may google it up to verify.

2. natureheals profile image74
          naturehealsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting. I would like to know that as well. smile

look at the post above this smile i already answered!!!

But anyway, to explain more, tea leaves contain a high content of acid. This substance will cause the Protein content in the food we consume to be hardened thus difficult to digest. Anemic is a effect of shortage of iron in our body. It’s now common in 50% f the people. High percentage of iron helps our body to overcome such Anemic. Also, there is a substance called Tannin in tea and coffe but it's highly concentrated in tea 50 % more than coffee. This Tannin makes it hard for the intestine to absorb he iron, hence, having tea after meals directly will effect severely. So, it's better to have tea 1 hour after every meal.

3. LondonGirl profile image80
          LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Can inhibit absorbtion of iron.

2. beth811 profile image78
      beth811posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it doesn't matter which you go first - food or tea/coffee.

3. Cheri Schultz profile image59
      Cheri Schultzposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Coffee before food.  Coffee is the first thing I have in morning

4. LindaCSmith profile image68
      LindaCSmithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For me?  It's got to be tea and before, during and after food!

5. carolegalassi profile image60
      carolegalassiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I always heard that tea durig and after a meal helps in digestion.  Coffee, forget it, it has more caffine then tea and has no health benefits that I know of.

6. video lost profile image59
      video lostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Green Tea (Qahwa) is the best after meals

You are welcome video lover. Why can't you write a hub about green tea(Qahwa) benefits or share your experience in the forum how green tea is helping if we take after meal.

7. june of ages profile image58
      june of agesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tea is better for you.  Green tea is particularly healthy. I prefer iced tea to warm tea.   However, nothing can beat coffee in the morning.  I drink a full pot of coffee in the morning.  I prefer Tim horton's coffee or Britt coffee from Costa Rica.

8. nikki1 profile image60
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

HI saroval big_smile
      Decaffeinated tea with ginseng for me, plez. You can't get any better than that. Coffee is not good for the heart. To much caffeinate is bad for your heart. Not to mention your brain.
      MERRY CHRISTMAS to all big_smile

9. deberon profile image59
      deberonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A physician recommended drinking hot tea after a meal to assist with the digestion process.  She is an endocrinologist, so she should know what she is talking about smile

10. Cleanclover profile image42
      Cleancloverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Neither. I drink only one cup tea a day.

hi cleanclover

even if it is one cup of tea ; do you take before food or after food? that is my question

11. stephensaldana profile image59
      stephensaldanaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Green tea is very good for health.. it helps in getting rid of the toxicants from the body.. and helps in the better growth.. also helps in reducing weight..

Welcome stephensaldana .Green tea is good. Is it mostly preferred?

12. profile image49
      michaelcavintaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would recommend coffee!  Coffee is probable the best drink in the world.  It also offers wide range of selections.  You can either have it hot or cold.  Also, there are some health benefits with drinking coffee.  You should try reading the benefits of coffee in online, i.e. http://www.oncoffeemakers.com  Choose coffee!  smile

Very interesting michaelcavinta. Let me read  the web and come bact to you. smile

13. plinka profile image55
      plinkaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think, having coffee or tea after a meal can help digestion. On the other hand, it may cause tooth decay. Having coffee before breakfast is a bad habbit and cause stomach ache. Anyway, having tea instead of coffee is much healthier, especially if you drink green tea. I myself sometimes drink coffee in the afternoon when I'm really tired and have a long day or when my blood glucose level is low.

14. cmontijo profile image60
      cmontijoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

For what I know drinking hot tea after a meal will help with the digestion process, it's something that a Chinese chef told me to do.

2. tim-tim profile image72
    tim-timposted 14 years ago

Coffee before breakfast. Tea after a meal.

1. CoffeeAddict profile image60
      CoffeeAddictposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same here.

2. fastfreta profile image75
      fastfretaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I AGREE, JUST FINISHED MY COFFEE, BEFORE BREAKFAST!

sarovaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

very good choice. Has any reason for choosing? smile

3. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

I agree with coffee before breakfast...

1. emievil profile image67
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ditto. Can't really wake up properly without my coffee and breakfast, in that order. smile

1. profile image0
        mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am finishing mine now...It is 5:00am here

1. emievil profile image67
          emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile it's 5 pm here, just finished my second cup an hour ago smile, first cup was around 7 this morning.

4. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 14 years ago

I read somewhere that having caffeine before exercise can help you to burn more fat. Don't know if it's true though, and I can't remember where I read it know.

5. sarovai profile image74

Do you prefer coffee (which has more caffeine ) ?

6. jiberish profile image78
    jiberishposted 14 years ago

Coffee, Coffee, and more Coffee..

jiberish ,Too much of anything good for nothing. big_smile

Try to make coffee, coffee. I too like coffee , not too much. The flavour of coffee I enjoy.

7. DennisBarker profile image62
    DennisBarkerposted 14 years ago

I'm a coffee man myself, a couple of cups at about 11am get me started and alert enough to focus.

8. LondonGirl profile image80
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

Coffee - never. Tea - any time!

1. profile image57
      shell20110309posted 12 years agoin reply to this

drinking hot tea after a meal will help with the digestion process

9. Gennifer profile image53
    Genniferposted 14 years ago

As far as I know it's better to drink both tea and coffee before a meal. If you want, you can drink it after your meal, BUT in 30 minutes or more.

10. RedSonja94 profile image59
    RedSonja94posted 14 years ago

Definately a coffee girl here.  I am on my first cup for the day right now.  Otherwise tea is a nice relaxer.  As far as which one has more caffine....coffee.  Tea has about half the caffine.

11. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

With all due respect: This question is abit like asking if it is preferrable to smoke before, during or after sex yikes
    Would it not depend on the event?

Having a cup of coffee or tea before a seafood dish for example would completely ruin the taste of the meal. A wine would be a better choice, if you wished to appreciate delicate tastes.

We are talking about hot drinks(coffee and tea). You are talking about coloured cold drink (wine) big_smile big_smile big_smile

1. Pearldiver profile image68
        Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're quite right [sorry] But I was really thinking more about the first part of my post lol

12. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

coffee coffee coffee coffee and more coffee.... hate the taste of tea

13. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i hardly ever drink coffee. if i do i might have it with friends at Starbuck's or sharing a dessert.

i always drink tea...if i don't have it first thing in the morning i am horribly off-kilter for the rest of the day.

there's this one Thai place that serves brings a steaming pot of tea before your meal and they give you these tiny cups and i don't know it just makes the meal even nicer.

14. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Coffee and tea...really depends on my mood.  If it's coffee, then double shot of expresso into for a single cup for the day.  If it's tea, then I won't stop sipping all day.  As for which has more caffeine -- it's tea.  Did an experiment back in univeristy days, it was tea that came out on top (black tea base).  hmm, now me thinks I'll head out for a Starbucks now... lol

15. Dark knight rides profile image61
    Dark knight ridesposted 14 years ago

I'm a coffee drinker, before, during and after meals, and rarely drink tea. It tends to be more of a mid-afternoon, early evening, sitting on the porch relaxing at the end of the day.

16. qbanmamiof2 profile image61
    qbanmamiof2posted 14 years ago

I'm Cuban and in my culture we drink mostly coffee but we also drink to tea at certain times.
    Coffee in the morning, before and after lunch and after dinner and dessert.

We drink linden or chamomile tea when we need to relax, mint tea to give a boost of refreshness and energy.

Overall it all depends on your cup of tea...ha ha ha No pun intended smile

17. Ellen_C profile image67
    Ellen_Cposted 14 years ago

Well probably should have nothing with caffeine if we want to get health technical, but I find that impossible. I drink Coffee every morning smile

18. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

yummm...coffee lol
    I agree coffee either before or with breakfast. Sadly i'm not that much into tea but I do drink it int he middle of the day or anytime really when I need to calm myself and relax.

19. R P Chapman profile image60
    R P Chapmanposted 14 years ago

First thing on waking up must be tea. Without that cuppa the day is ruined. For the rest of the daylight hours it's coffee all the way until the evening meal. After that it's tea again till bedtime... unless there's beer of course! smile

20. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Okay favorite tea flavors?
    Favorite coffee falvors? Just wondering smile

I like mint for tea and...right now working on Kona Mocha Hawaiian coffee yum lol

1. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

KONA - I just ordered beans from a great place we found on Maui.  Actually its Kona Peaberry.

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oooo oooo send me some lol

21. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Coffee, must have coffee.

Have never found a tea I liked.

22. Enigmatic Me profile image79
    Enigmatic Meposted 14 years ago

After growing up in a rural town in a small province of Canada, it would be blasphemous not to say Tea. Its the staple and one thing that reminds me of home the most.

However, after growing up and moving away from said town, I prefer coffee to tea. I do like it in the morning, and after a good meal. Tea I leave until the fall on a great sunny day when my little girl is asleep and us adults grab a few minutes to soak in the sun and read a book... Oh Sundays.. they are marvelous!

23. johnnyfr profile image61
    johnnyfrposted 14 years ago

Tea all day.

Don't like coffee. Or coffee breath!

24. sarovai profile image74

I think majority of people like coffee only.

25. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Tea please. I've never had a cup of coffee.

1. tksensei profile image61
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why not?

1. Colebabie profile image60
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Caffeine gives me a headache. In general I've just never cared for it. I've tried coffee flavored things, don't like the taste. I have friends who start out freshman year with one cup a day and now that we're seniors they're up to 4 or 5. I've made it fours years of college without it smile And the old wives tale that it stunts your growth, I don't want to test it, I'm only 5'3 wink

26. Mighty Mom profile image76
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

I wouldn't think of having tea for breakfast. Coffee -- black.
    But a nice pot of chamomile tea is nice to soothe you to sleep.
    And I'm trying to incorporate more green tea into my diet so if I'm out and about in the afternoon I'll trade in a coffee for a tea.

Guess that makes me a caffeine beverage slut.

27. profile image51
    nasim23posted 14 years ago

Drinking three or more cups of tea a day is as good for you as ... But even if you had a really, really strong cup of tea or coffee.so i agree it.

blueberry smoothies

28. hinckles koma profile image60
    hinckles komaposted 14 years ago

whatever you drink just smile and it will go down good if you put some rum in the coffee right before work its the best

You invented a new drink. let me name it rumcof or cofrum. How you are mixing hot and cold drinks(rum !!!!!!!!)I wonder.

29. profile image0
    ftgfmomposted 14 years ago

coffee, good to the last drop. gotta go make some. Anyone care for a cup?

30. bearnmom profile image67
    bearnmomposted 14 years ago

I have always associated drinking tea with being sick as a child.  That was what my Mom gave us when we had an upset stomach.  We were never allowed to drink coffee and I don't know why.

I never liked coffee even though I had tried it in all different ways.  I tried it with and without sugar or milk and both.  I only started drinking coffee because I had to walk across a bridge to work in a snow storm and the only thing left in the coffee machine was black coffee.  I have been drinking black coffee now for almost 30 years.

I still don't like tea too much but can drink it black when coffee is not available.

31. edguider profile image65
    edguiderposted 14 years ago

I am all for coffee before breakfast and I have a cup of tea after dinner! Helps me digest, especially green tea.

32. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I have been pondering this one since it first caught my eye. I like cereal, so have it in liquid form, beer or Scotch for breakfast. Good for the intestines. finish off with coffee.

Later for lunch, some coffee and maybe a short beer, more cereal. Then for dinner[which must include alcohol to be dinner] I may start out with a good red wine and finish with my desert with coffee. Then I may have more cereal.

33. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Coffee before breakfast tea at lunch or dinner. smile

34. Cris A profile image59
    Cris Aposted 14 years ago

Coffee any time all the time!!! cool

Iced tea is always an option when dining out though cool

35. profile image0

CrisA
    http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/1219.gif

1. Cris A profile image59
      Cris Aposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's something in that coffee C.! I can tell cool

36. profile image0

Ohhh maybe a wee dram. LOL

37. shai77 profile image80
    shai77posted 14 years ago

coffee is more popular than tea ,but i think you should simply drink what you like when ever you like.
    As for my self i'm a coffee man. i even have small site about coffee.Does anyone,just in case,have a spare cup of Kopi Luwak?

38. Shalini Kagal profile image54
    Shalini Kagalposted 14 years ago

Tea - any time, every time!

Charlie......wee???? tongue

1. Cris A profile image59
      Cris Aposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, C., wee???? cool

39. profile image0

LOL, yeah, Wee as in 2 ozs. LOL well, maybe a lil more. hehe

40. Shalini Kagal profile image54
    Shalini Kagalposted 14 years ago

Och laddie - and here I was thinking 'wee' meant a few drops!! big_smile

41. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I have to have COFFEE in the morning.  And I'll take my tea iced please.

42. ForTheInterim profile image65
    ForTheInterimposted 14 years ago

I do love coffee! However while living in Scotland, I drank lots of tea and loved it.  It also helps that all the office coffee was instant.... (ew)  After a cup of tea I feel more refreshed than after a cup of coffee though.. pros and cons for each.

Coffee in the morning or early afternoon. Never in the late afternoon or evenings - I won't sleep!

43. sarovai profile image74

Either coffee or tea ,If we talk after dinner , going to affect our nice sleep. I have seen most of the working people, drinks coffee or tea to keep them awake.

44. geminimoon profile image61
    geminimoonposted 14 years ago

ANY TIME is a good time for coffe or tea.

45. sarovai profile image74

welcome geminimoon, It is not advisable to take tea or coffee all time , everytime. There should be limitations. otherwise it will affect your health.sad

46. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 14 years ago

Coffee for me
    Rainy moring here writing Poetry
    steam comming off the cup, thinking...quiet

sweet

Jon

At rainy times , really we enjoy with coffee or tea.

47. robie2 profile image78
    robie2posted 14 years ago

Can't start the day without a big steaming mug of coffee,cream, no sugar butnever drink it after three in the afternoon-- keeps me awake. But I love my afternoon tea--English Breakfast with milk please and no sugar and please pass the munchies, will you?

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A spot of Earl Grey in the afternoon sounds good and refreshing, and would love to get to do it more often.

1. profile image0

eg is the best tea arrrrrrrrrrrround...

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
          Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like you have a Scots Afternoon Tea version wink

1. profile image0

smile

48. ms mocha profile image59
    ms mochaposted 14 years ago

I am a coffee girl through and through and try to do as the Italians do.  Milky, frothy coffees are for before noon.  After that, it's americanos and espressos all the way! I agree with one hubber who said that decaff hurt her feelings!!!!!

1. andyizeluk profile image61
      andyizelukposted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha decaff coffee is like a double negative, it should not exist.

49. sarovai profile image74

Still coffee is leading before or after food. World wide coffee is grown more or what?yikes

50. JulietduPreez profile image70
    JulietduPreezposted 14 years ago

I'd have to say that neither is good. Really shouldn't drink round meal times cause it dilutes digestive enzymes.
    Makes it even worse if you have milk in your tea or coffee.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)