jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

What do you think about Palcohol?

1. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 3 years ago

What do you think about Palcohol?

It is a powdered form of alcohol.  They just got to sell in in the US about 3 days ago.  I have concerns about minors getting it and the way that it may be packaged.  On the news they had a liquer store owner that also said that it would not be a good idea.  Many states are already looking to ban it.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

It sounds like a spectacularly bad idea to me.

Lady Guinevereposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for commenting and Yes I do agree!

3. cyoung35 profile image86
    cyoung35posted 3 years ago

To me this sound like it would be too easy to conceal. It's one thing to have to conceal a bottle of alcohol and another to be carrying a bottle of water and have a Palcohol packet in your pocket. This makes it too easy for people to sneak alcohol into venues where it is not allowed.

Also what is to stop someone from just eating the packet? What type of effect will this have on people? What if kids start snorting it directly into their lungs...will it have a poisoning effect as if you drank too much?

Too many questions that are unanswered...NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!

That is exactly what I thought too.  The news stated that only those of deinking age can get it...DOH yes and they will give it to underagers too.  The mker only said that it is the parent's job to keep it away from their children.  Wheres his brains

2. Say Yes To Life profile image80
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I FULLY agree!!!

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image96
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

This sounds like a reverse twist on powdered drink mixes that came on the market shortly after I turned 21 years old.

They were the "mixers" part; you added your own alcohol, water, or what-have-you.

Don't see them around anymore.  I'm not sure this new thing is a very good idea at all.

I agree.  My husband is an Addiction's Counselor and I told him that he will have lots more businees coming in in th next year.  Even banning it will take at least a year.

5. MizBejabbers profile image90
    MizBejabbersposted 3 years ago

Sounds worse to me than e-cigarettes. Parents have enough worries over their kids than their carrying around little pouches of alcohol in their pockets. Trojans, maybe, but not Palcohol.

Yeah.  I agree.

6. Wulf Dreamwalker profile image67
    Wulf Dreamwalkerposted 3 years ago

another attempt to waste peoples time and money not to mention the possible effects on an individuals health

working