jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Which do you prefer coffee or tea? Why?

1. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 16 months ago

Which do you prefer coffee or tea? Why?

If you drink coffee do you use instant or brewed? If tea do you prefer tea bags or loose leaf?

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
    LoisRyan13903posted 16 months ago

I like both.  Coffee because of the different types and flavors-brewed instead of instant.  And either bagged or loose ea.  I like the herbal tea especially the ones that can help me fall asleep such as Lavender tea

1. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 16 months agoin reply to this

A friend in Sweden got me drinking loose leaf tea. I haven't used tea bags since. Of course it helps she sends me blends from Sweden at Christmas and keeps me stocked. A pouch lasts a long time for me because I drink coffee more often.

3. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 16 months ago

Coffee.  Tea gives me a headache for some reason.  We have a Keurig and I love it.

4. Michael-Milec profile image60
    Michael-Milecposted 16 months ago

Coffee. First brewed; when in hurry instant. Tea yes, loose leaf- homegrown preferably.

5. Nathanville profile image97
    Nathanvilleposted 16 months ago

Coffee.  In a mug, and almost always instant with milk and no sugar.  Although for special holidays such as Christmas I dust-off our coffee filter machine and treat myself to filtered coffee with cream; and when we need new filtered coffee buy the beans fresh and grind them in our electric coffee grinder.

Also, during the seasonal holidays, while we're using the coffee filter machine I'll also add a bit of Whiskey to the occasional mug to make it 'Irish Coffee' as a treat.

When on our annual holiday in France I always ask for Cappuccino as an almost guaranteed way of getting a half descent cup of coffee with milk.  Otherwise if you just order coffee you end up with a very tiny cup of black coffee (with only a mouthful of drink in the cup); and if you ask for a grande (big) cup with milk you still only get served a cup (rather than mug) of coffee, and get funny looks from the restaurant staff for wanting milk in the coffee.

As regards tea, I just don't like it.  Even though tea is traditionally the national drink of my nation (England) and according to a recent YouGov opinion poll 52% of British people still prefer tea.  In that survey 35% of Brits preferred coffee, and 11% liked both.

6. Kyle Atwood profile image92
    Kyle Atwoodposted 15 months ago

Coffee in a character mug for sure. The heat, caffeine, and strong scent of creamer (because black is nasty to me), are all pretty cozy factors for me. The smell is also one of my most inspirational smells and the word itself is an attractive word (strange, I know) especially when paired with biscuits. "They had hot coffee and biscuits" is a line that instantly makes me run to my coffee pot and crack open a can of dough.

Words aside, I love coffee for its rich and distinct, smoky flavor. Tea is good too, but it is a rather forgettable taste, in my opinion.

7. teaches12345 profile image93
    teaches12345posted 15 months ago

I love both but drink coffee first thing in the morning. I grind my own coffee and flavor it with different creams and spices.  As for tea, I prefer tea bags for the convenience. My favorites are chai and rooibos.  And of course, I have to have them in the proper cup!

working