The old & New Man

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (21 posts)
  1. baldwinkenn profile image60
    baldwinkennposted 14 years ago

While obedience to rules can't bring salvation, those who are saved ought to live lives worthy of that salvation. thus paul gives the colossians instruction concerning proper conduct . Colossians 3:5-8 . he states in nagative and positive terms, the kind of life God wants Christians to live .

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

AMEN!!!

2. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend baldwinkenn

I think the Christians should look to Jesus for guidance in teachings and acts; not to deviant Paul; no compulsion.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

2. heart4theword profile image59
    heart4thewordposted 14 years ago

Yes, we need to walk the talk, not just talk the walk!

3. Debradoo profile image66
    Debradooposted 13 years ago

There is so much God can do through and with a person that strives to listen to and obey Him.  A mind that is rebellious or prideful towards Him leaves Him with little, if anything, to work with here on earth.  “Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.” Galatians 5:16

4. Mekenzie profile image75
    Mekenzieposted 13 years ago

"Old things have passed away .. Behold all things have become new"  That is my testimony .. I was going one direction when God showed up .. picked me up and directed me in the opposite way.

5. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

so, why aren't believers living in full-power salvation/grace -as the resurrected Savior, as Adam was before his conscious indulgence?

1. TLMinut profile image61
      TLMinutposted 13 years agoin reply to this

???
      Why do you think they're not?

6. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey TLMinut, I think it has something to do with their individual actions, for which, Twenty One Days, is using for his conclusion and his conclusion would be supported the evidence of society.

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Indeed. Society is present proof of the massive "elephant in the room" -the lack of understanding of our true nature -not the human interpretation of that nature by our methods, our formulas, our actions, our thoughts, our feelings -but by the universal terms/conditions of that nature.

7. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

TLM, i could write a book about it -oh wait i writing one about it. Simply stated, believers have conformed to an idea of salvation, without really understanding what it is, why it happened and -most importantly- what to do with it.

They have been taught the points of it and can easily recite the details of those points. They are taught how faith comes but are not SHOWN how to act upon that power called faith. So, they settle for something that appears to be faith and a feeling of grace/humility/joy, etc, but do not live IN that stasis of being an altogether new creature.

8. TLMinut profile image61
    TLMinutposted 13 years ago

So will you define "full power salvation/grace"? I assume you mean that people are not truly different, just 'trying to live a good life' which in my way of thinking, isn't the same thing at all. It's true that I don't run into many who are obviously existing on a higher plane but that may be because I don't interact with too many people.

1. profile image0

Certainly;

Living in a complete stasis of Grace/Free Will -fully aware in spirit, brain, body. Unity with Creator. This is what Adam was before that consciousness/sin. This was the risen Savior.

By different, meaning separate, yes. How else can the world believe unless they see it? By faith, we should hope everyone would. But not only for the world but mostly for the believing. It is the believing that have the most trouble with faith, not the unbelieving.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/42965?page=2#post995409

9. creativeinchief profile image59
    creativeinchiefposted 13 years ago

I am very much interested in what you wrote: why are christians not living in the  fullness of power.
    This question, I have asked myself and others but someone said to me, the reason is because there is too much sin. I believe it not because I am a sinner but because, I, personally want to live in
    that power that is greater than satan's.
    Another thing is, I believe the body of Christ world wide need GOD GIVEN, GOD INSPIRED TEACHERS OF THE WORD who can teach the word how it is supposed to be taught.

This is my opinion

1. profile image0

I agree. This is quite the issue.
      Those saying they are anointed of Him as opposed to those living that Anointing. It would cause a huge regeneration -as in the days of early believers, if not greater- when people saw, heard, felt and knew the truth -evident by the works of the Spirit.
      Many of the present day teachers think/are convinced of themselves, and not convinced of the Truth. These are dangerous minds only because they are spreading their own limitation everywhere, while the people of the earth continue to struggle.

This world now fully belongs to the believing and when people step up in that Anointing, will once and for all remove the very remnants of sin. The religious are waiting for Y`shua to do it yet again, but He has already done it on our behalf. It is long overdue that people start living it. Course, I have been called a heretic for even suggesting this...

10. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

I sure am glad God decided how men/women/children would be saved by simply having faith.

If this were left up to mankind one would need a PhD in astrophysics, Masters degree in psychology and a bachelor's degree in sociology.

1. profile image0

I appreciate your sarcasm, SpanStar and in many ways understand.
      Again, they might not tell you this, but there is not a set number of how many. It is an open door policy. Everyone has the seed of faith. So, living in Grace is growing that seed and having it bear the fruit of Life. Unlike the present idea that 'the faith' is the salvation. Most do not really understand what salvation is, and that is part of the problem. Salvation has become a religious quest, almost a war in itself. But is a very simple thing: Think of it as Choice then Free Will, instead of textual/ritual propaganda and flying saucers.

As for the human logical necessities (degrees) they are not necessary. Our bodies, minds & spirits already have the understanding of the elements around us.

11. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

Because it's easier to talk than to "walk."  Talking takes no effort, requires no sacrifice and can be done in groups of people who also like to talk, everyone telling each other how righteous they are, creating a sea of mouths opening and closing like fish in great glass bowl.  Anyone on the outside can see clearly the lack of anything actual, but the fish all feel very good about themselves yammering on in there.

12. Lady Rose profile image73
    Lady Roseposted 13 years ago

What comes to mind is "For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away"     When Jesus comes back, we will be given resurrected bodies as His, and only then will we be able to manifest the full power of Salvation.
    "For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face; now i know in part, but then shall i know even as also i am known."  And then it tells you what to do meanwhile "Now abideth faith, hope, love, these 3, but the greatest of these is LOVE!"
    So i guess if the saved believers will just get busy loving God and others while they are waiting for Jesus to come in the rapture or for their own natural passing, things would be much different.

1. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend Lady Rose

Please wake up and don't be like Jews; who did not recognize Jesus when his advent took place  some 2010 years ago; mistaken as they were ; they are wailing and praying for his advent; and they can go on like that till eternity; that time is not going to return.

Also signs of Jesus Second Coming has been fulfilled; and Second Coming in the form of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908 has already taken place. Don't be like Jews to be waiting for ever.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

2. profile image0

my question is why would He return.
      1. He did the work.
      2. Ascended to the Father.
      3. Went to prepare a place for us.
      4. Sat down (having finished His work).
      5. Sent us the Teacher to lead and guide into all truth.

The resurrected body is every believers promise now, not when or if.
      Yes, believers need to start doing instead of yapping it up.
      This world is theirs, all of it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)