Anyone Up For An "Instant" Hub Challenge?

Jump to Last Post 51-93 of 93 discussions (174 posts)
  1. prey profile image67
    preyposted 13 years ago

good evening everyone.   Look forward to meeting you.

2. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I just got round to reading this. You''re up for another hubchallenge...and it's 3.15 am here ..almost.

3. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Izzy, no one is twisting your arm. lol I'll understand it's late. Not a problem.....it's only 9:14pm here in America. wink

4. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Actually before I get an invite, I'm taking a rain check on this. I've written another two hubs tonight since the earlier challenge, but I need to verify one or two things, and I don't feel like sorting them tonight...never mind writing another hub! So good luck to those who take part smile

5. Cagsil profile image71

Okay Izzy. smile No problem. Congrats on the other two hubs you've written. Nice. smile

6. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Cags you've been an inspiration! Thank you so much for that! I'm not taking part but I hope when I wake in the morning, I can find this thread and see what you have all done smile

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you kindly. smile And, I hope you have at least a few more to read than two???

Then again, I might save it for doing later, with others who are likely to come to the forums.

So, it wouldn't be any fun just Ohma and Myself. Grant it, we would get another hub published, but more people are better.

(not trying to goat you into it) lol lol

I'm also speaking to those watching the forums, as well. smile

7. CaribeM profile image71
    CaribeMposted 13 years ago

I just saw your threadI'm in... I'll try to write write and publish one. For me will be a real challenge, I have ADD. wink
    When we start?

Welcome! Glad to have.

I'm still working on how many people are going to be doing it.

I might wait for a few more....like at least 1 or 2 more people.

But, we'll see what happens...so I'll give it another 15 minutes.

8. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

The forum is pretty slow tonight cags.

9. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I was just about to shut the computer down, but stayed to point out that caribe wants to join in, so that is you, Ohma (Hi Ohma!) and caribe. I need to go. Buenas suertes smile

10. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Hi Izzy you should be in bed!

11. Cagsil profile image71

Hey Ohma, are you still up for it?

Just the three?

Or do you want to wait a little longer?

I have no problem with waiting. smile

12. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Ok lets go stating at 9:40 you count us down cags.

13. Cagsil profile image71

Okay.....that leaves 3 minutes.....

Are you still there Caribe? Starting at 9:40pm.

That's now 2 minutes from now.

14. Cagsil profile image71

GOOOOOOOOOOOO!

15. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago
  16. CaribeM profile image71

sorry was watching Maddow's show... I can start now.

17. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Cags you are late!

18. Cagsil profile image71

That is because it's not finished.

I started a hub, then lost my train of thought half way thru. Started a different hub, but not finished.

Congrats!

19. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Thats ok I am not sure I will leave mine up. Very spur of the moment and very personal.

20. Cagsil profile image71

Here - http://hubpages.com/hub/misconception-m … alues?done

It's more a rant. I do not like it. But, I published it.

21. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Just read it and left a comment. I think it says a lot!

22. Cagsil profile image71

Yeah, but not what I was going for, when I started it. lol lol

23. Cagsil profile image71

I read yours and left a comment too. smile

24. raisingme profile image76
    raisingmeposted 13 years ago

I am in or am I too late?

Hey raisingme,

What's up?

Yes, you're a little late. However, I am thinking of doing it again, a little bit later tonight.

Shadesbreath has me hooked on writing hubs like this. It is certainly a challenge to crank out one hub in 30 minutes.

So, I'm giving you a heads up, as well as, anyone else...I might do another later.

But, it was nice to see you again.

@Ohma, yeah, sometimes writing off the cuff is easier, because things just flow out. Unfortunately, I was pressed for time..I had written half a hubs worth, before I discarded my first hub.

I only 15 minutes to write the hub I did write. lol lol

25. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

sometimes rants are the best! when you just let what is in your heart to come out it is at least sincere.

26. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Raisingme we just finished sorry. but watch the forms for them Cagsil does this when he is bored I think. There will be others.

27. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Cags I have to be at work at 6a.m. I am off to bed. Have a good night.

28. raisingme profile image76
    raisingmeposted 13 years ago

I posted anyway just in case and then came back and check to see if my question got answered.  I was getting dinner on the table so I missed when go was said.  So I won't post the link here just in case it is a no no now!

29. Cagsil profile image71

Have a good night. Sleep well and be safe. smile Thank you. smile

30. CaribeM profile image71

Sorry, haven't finish it yet sad Too many pics to post. Maybe next time you can make a challenge to write a hub in Two hours LOL!  Well good night, I'll try to finish mine tonight. Take care you both!

That's okay, when you do get it done, post it here. I'll read and comment on it. smile

It is not a problem. It isn't as easy as it appears to be. Thus, a challenge. At least you gave it a shot. But, also remember, whenever you fail in something, make sure you learn from it. wink smile

It was a pleasure to meet you too. smile

31. bonnebartron profile image68
    bonnebartronposted 13 years ago

Great challenge! Thanks to some really insightful comments on a post, I wrote my last hub in the parameters, though at the time I wasn't trying to do the challenge...  I tend to write stream of conscious when it's something that really matters to me, so typos are typical, but not the point. I think it's easy to do something like this if there is intense inspiration, otherwise I sit in front of my blank screen and will words to come to me for hours....

32. CaribeM profile image71

Well... this one for the MANY 30 minutes Hubchallenge wink

This was inspired by a recent experience the I had: snorkeling in Rincón, PR http://hubpages.com/hub/Snorkeling-in-t … uerto-Rico

Thanks Cagsil!  Yes we did learned a lesson... maybe there is no such thing like a 30 minutes challenge.

Take care.

lol lol lol lol

Of course there is a such a thing as a 30 minute challenge and they do happen from time to time, so as to initiate creativity and conscious flow of thoughts to page.

It can be difficult to do, because you have to do a lot in a short period of time and requires intimate knowledge on writing, subject and HubPages.

But, I am glad you finished your hub and I congratulate you for finishing it. I am off to read it and comment. Thank you very much for taking part and I hope you can continue strive to improve. smile

2. prey profile image67
      preyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

WOW

Amazing!

33. Cagsil profile image71

That was one huge hub to undertake in 30 minutes, however, I commend you on it's completion. Looks and reads well.

Great job on it! I rated it up and posted a comment for you. smile

1. CaribeM profile image71
      CaribeMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for checking the non-compliance 30 minutes hub wink After I realized that I was not going to finish in the required time, I decided to include more info and pics, and of course I went to sleep and finished some errands before finishing it.

Maybe instant hubs are not my thing wink

Thanks for the rating!!!  See you around!

34. Cagsil profile image71

Thank you for trying. smile At least you have a new hub regardless. smile

35. Cagsil profile image71

Good Afternoon, Evening or Morning for that fact(here- 11:22am)...was wondering if anyone is up for a ONE INSTANT Hub Challenge.

If so...check it out the OP and let me know if you want to join? smile

*bump* ?

36. Cagsil profile image71

Anyone care to try?

Do you think you can crank out ONE hub in 30 minutes? wink

37. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

Ugh, I just spent a crapton of time finally finishing one been working on for two days or I would.  I wish I had the energy.  I guess I coulda saved it and said I was playing, then hit publish at the end.  big_smile  U might have caught me though.  lol.

Good luck, hope you get some peeps.

38. Cagsil profile image71

lol lol Thank you anyways. smile

39. Cagsil profile image71

Okay, let's try this again.

Third time is a charm..... lol lol lol

Anyone up for an "Instant" Hub Challenge?

Come blow off 30 minutes and crank out just one hub!

Think you can do it? Do you have what it takes to complete?

When done and published, I'll be glad to read and comment. smile

So...... smile big_smile

40. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Ask me later Cags...I'm a bit busy at the moment, maybe in another couple of hours?

Oh, okay Izzy. smile Maybe later... lol

41. Cagsil profile image71

Hmmm.....?

Any takers? lol

1. profile image0
      pinkyleeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

would love to but have to wait til later tonight or even tomorrow ... have an important phone call to make

42. Cagsil profile image71

Well, I am waiting for more people to join in, so we can publish more hubs at the same time.

It was pretty cool last time. The people who did write a hub, instantly had a new hub and comments, not only from those who took part, but from those watching the forum light up the feed, which displays the hubs as they are published.

So...I'm waiting for now...the more the better. smile

1. profile image0
      pinkyleeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well let me know when and if i can i will participate

43. Cagsil profile image71

Okay, cool. cool Glad to have you... lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)