AMAZON listing question

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Ashley Ryan profile image60
    Ashley Ryanposted 16 years ago

Hello,

I have been having trouble, when I go to post my favorite amazon books on my hub, it offers me more than one choice under keywords term.  But it doesnt give me a way to chose only the book I want listed.

I cant figure out how to only pick the book i want...can someone help me please.

Thank you!

Ashley

2. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 16 years ago

Choosing products can be done one of two ways: selecting a specific item, or allowing the system to choose for you, by letting it know one or more keywords that describes the product.

If you're going to add a specific item (with the Amazon ASIN) be sure to change the 'keyword' default in "Type of search to use to gather results" to 'ASIN'. If you don't the products you have selected will not show in the capsule when you exit from edit mode.

More info here.

3. vjlenin profile image60
    vjleninposted 16 years ago

How to get the cash from Hubs Is it through paypal the famous payment processing system on the net? I really dont know this, since the hubpages never asked for my payout information.

1. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

HubPages doesn't pay out via Paypal.

The earnings are paid by Adsense, Ebay and Amazon.

4. Kenny Wordsmith profile image75
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 16 years ago

Darkside that solves a problem I had, great! Didn't know I could put up a specific product.
    Thank you very much. Thanks, Ashley for bringing this up!

It's kinda hidden away there behind a tab. Though it's understandable to have the keyword search as the default.

Though it gets a little tricky if you don't first specify the ASIN as the method of adding a product before you copy and paste in your selections.

Be aware that if you're after a book you're looking for the ISBN and not the ASIN.

The quickest way to find either is to do a quick find in your browser (I use CTRL F shortcut keys) and type in ASIN (or ISBN) to find it then copy and paste it into HubPages (though I paste it into a Notepad text document and build my content there before claiming the hubpages.com URL for my topic).

5. Kenny Wordsmith profile image75
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 16 years ago

That's a very helpful addition, thank you.
    Sadly, my book is not in Amazon.com but available in .co.uk, .co.jp and .de.
    Pasting the ISBN from these yielded no results. I have to be content with using the link module. Sigh.

6. Betty Jo Petty profile image59
    Betty Jo Pettyposted 16 years ago

It's nice to find information on computer use that I know nothing about.

This is something I don't need at this time, but for someone to use their time to help others is a good thing.

Marisa Wright has helped me in these ways many times.  She kept me writing, when I otherwise might have given up.

Keep up the good work.  I'm Betty Jo

7. VioletSun profile image80
    VioletSunposted 16 years ago

Hello:  I signed up for the Amazon affiliate program 2 days ago, and added the revenue capsule on each of my hubs, but ads are not showing; is it too soon for my Amazon ads to show up?  I assumed they would show up quickly as with the Google Adsense ads.  Also, I don't see any earnings, not even 30 cents, sad  with my Google Ads. I know... I know... I am new but at least one of the ads have been clicked during the past few days as a friend of mine clicked on one, per her email.  How can I open a Channel with Google ads so I can see the profit numbers?  Any help will be appreciated.

Amazon ads should display whether or not you're signed up as an Associate, provided you have set up the capsule correctly.

Add http://hubpages.com to your Adsense URL Channel.

8. VioletSun profile image80

Amazon ads should display whether or not you're signed up as an Associate, provided you have set up the capsule correctly.

Add http://hubpages.com to your Adsense URL Channel.>>>

Thanks, Darkside for your reply! Will go and check my capsule settings for Amazon, and add the hub URL to my Adsense Channel. I must be missing something regarding Amazon as I thought I was doing everything correctly... will check.

9. VioletSun profile image80

The conversation here about ISBN's and the selection of specific books was very helpful for me. Finally, today I was able to add books from Amazon to my hubpages by following the instructions discussed here; thanks again,  everyone and to  darkside for your responses to these questions.

Excellent. Check back on your Adsense account to see that in the very least that it's recording page impressions and then you can be sure that it's working properly.

I forgot to mention that you should be signed up as an Associate, if you wish to be making any money from Amazon. Otherwise the affiliate code being attributed to 100% of the pageviews will be HubPages by default.

1. VioletSun profile image80
        VioletSunposted 16 years agoin reply to this

>>>

Just went and checked my Adsense account and yes, its recording the data. I signed up as Amazon Associate, so I think I am all set! Ebay is next,  but not yet, as I read in Hubpages that Ebay closes accounts if there isn't activity, so I am waiting to write more articles and get more traffic.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)