My first dollar on ebay

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (21 posts)
  1. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 16 years ago

I have made my first dollar on ebay! smile When I checked my affiliate account with ebay, I found that I have received a commission of $1.91 on some sale. It made me so happy and inspired me to do THIS HUB
    Best Regards

1. Practica profile image59
      Practicaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I am a newbie, and don't really understand how this revenue thing works - I think the ebay sign up may be beyond me.

I really signed up to get my Green Grandma columns read - and I am slowly working my way through learning how to link up with various other venues.  I edit a website at <snip>removed link </snip> where I have staff to do the computery side of things - but I am learning, slowly, to at least speak my webguy's language.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

Good for you SS. I wish you many more.

3. Isabella Snow profile image86
    Isabella Snowposted 16 years ago

Congrats Sun Seven! smile

4. Kenny Wordsmith profile image73
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 16 years ago

So it is possible, great. And wish you more and more earnings on ebay!

5. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 16 years ago

Thank you friends. I wish there are more sales! smile

6. shailini profile image58
    shailiniposted 16 years ago

I was not even got admitted to eBay. sad

7. coolbreeze profile image43
    coolbreezeposted 16 years ago

Look at the traffic sunseven has to have to get one sale

Crap!!!!!!!!   This tells me as I already knew

Hubpages is not ment to be a complete revinue streem   Its a piece of the puzzle

I love hubpages  but its just a fact.   

I normaly make several 100 dollars a month with Ebay through commission junction.

Not on hubpages   OK now this is not an advertizement  nor do I usually share this stuff with anyone. 

Heres one of my websites that makes consistent sales on ebay    Yes its primitive
    Yes I coded it myself  Ebay is all about the cookie the more cookies you give out the more $$ you make.  I made this before I was a hubber  Yes I have alot of sites like this.

http://effortlesswealth.com/americangirl/

1. makemoneyonline profile image37
      makemoneyonlineposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I never registered at ebay affiliates: I had the intuition it would be useless smile. But I'm interested: what's the link between CJ and Ebay ? Thanks for info.

1. jimmythejock profile image83
        jimmythejockposted 16 years agoin reply to this

that is an ebay shop on the link, it has nothing to do wth affiliates. ??????

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I earn a lot more on eBay with a lot less traffic than sunseven has reported here.  It really has a lot more to do with your Hub topics and content and what sort of audience you draw.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image71
        Maddie Ruudposted 16 years agoin reply to this

yeah.  i do very well on eBay myself.

8. Mark Knowles profile image58

LOL, here we go again. The internet is soooooo full of garbage like this.

Hubpages is not solely about generating revenue. It is also about creating quality content, making contacts( friends even) and sharing good information.

Sites like the one you have just posted a link to are the bane of the internet and sooner or later, we will all be paying services to avoid crap like that. No content, no information, nothing but...... a cookie generator.....

I would rather eat dirt than turn out rubbish like this. You are one of the people we can thank for the crap out there. Unfortunately, this is what makes money on the internet. So no doubt coolbreeze will sell you an ebook to learn how to do it.

Happy New Year.

9. Mark Knowles profile image58

Welcome Practica, but I think you are going to fall foul of hubpages rules if all your content is copied from somewhere else, and your primary goal is to drive traffic somewhere other than hubpages.

10. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 16 years ago

Practica -- to steer clear of problems just be sure that:

1) your hubs contain unique and useful information.  For instance, don't just cut and paste articles from your site (or elsewhere) into hubs with a link back to your site (it won't really benefit your site much to do that anyway, since search engines will see that the content is duplicated).

2) don't link excessively (I would recommend limiting your self to 1 or 2 contextually relevant links to your own site per hub).

Also, looking at the hubs you've made so far -- the titles don't seem to be very search engine friendly.  If you want to generate traffic I'd advise you to choose titles (and subject matters) that are phrases that someone might type into a search engine.

11. Practica profile image59
    Practicaposted 16 years ago

Paul and Mark -

Thanks for the feedback.

My goal is NOT to drive traffic elsewhere, but to share it via HubPages.  I'll take your advice and feedback to heart - I'm not yet savvy with this social networking thing, and am interested in being read, not in being either paid or a serving as a viaduct to other sites - if that happens, that's incidental.

I've found that non-techies like myself often have trouble finding content we'd like, because we aren't up-to-date with techniques and protocols/conventions - if we have to follow a lot of links, we get tired and so miss out.  If there are a lot of links in something I've shared from elsewhere, I can go remove them - I'm sort of amazed they survived the trip!

Forgive me any trespasses. I, too, strive to be good.

Happy new year and thanks.

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 16 years agoin reply to this

No worries.  We don't mind some promotion of other sites on HubPages, we just don't want it to be excessive or your only motivation.  Positive contribution to the HubPages community is all that we ask in return.   Doing so will only increase the value of any promotion you are doing anyway.

12. profile image0
    Abhinayaposted 16 years ago

My predicament is same as Practica's.Thanks Mark and Paul for making things clear.

13. Practica profile image59
    Practicaposted 16 years ago

Thanks -

Good faith and good will are invaluable.

14. trakker14 profile image60
    trakker14posted 16 years ago

I guess my problem is understanding why my urls dont float...I have really tried to do this but it seems i am not mentally ready for this hi-tech world. I cant tell if my hubs are really out there or not.  any suggestions?

15. trakker14 profile image60
    trakker14posted 16 years ago

How do you find the Blogs?? i started one and now can't find my way back.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)