Problem with RSS feed

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (14 posts)
  1. kimh039 profile image90
    kimh039posted 13 years ago

Anamika S seems to be advertising using my RSS feed, and several other hubbers are on my RSS feed as well.  I can't figure out how to delete these items from my feed.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!  Here's a link to my RSS feed.  http://hubpages.com/author/kimh039/latest/?rss

1. Faybe Bay profile image63
      Faybe Bayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Kim I read through your RSS feed, I don't understand. All of the links in your feed have you as creator. Where do you see others in your RSS feed.

kimh039posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's weird.  I see 20 items in my feed.  Only 4 of them are mine.  The rest of my hubs aren't on there at all.  Did you click the link above?  Strange.  Thanks for checking though.

I did go ahead and attach my RSS feed to my newest hub, and only my articles show up on that.

Right only your hubs will show up in your feed. There might be other names in the code because of hub activity, but your feed will provide your hubs.

2. Faybe Bay profile image63

You can also RSS a particular topic, if you want to work with various hubbers on the same one. In doing that there will be others on your hub, but you will also be on theirs.

2. Faybe Bay profile image63

In the feed itself, which is the computer jargon that allows the feed to work, there is a title surrounded by HTML code. The code that says it's yours, is the creator code.

<dc:creator>kimh039</dc:creator>

Have you actually put the feed into an RSS capsule to see what you get?

Thank you Faybe.  I think the above explains it.  Yes I put it in a capsule on all my hubs.  Only my articles show.  I think that's what I was concerned about - is that someone else's articles or advertisement hubs would come up on my hub, but it didn't.  I never noticed that HTML code or creator code.  False alarm, Faybe......or hubber who cried wolf to a fox.  I appreciate your quick and helpful replies.  Is there any way to delete this question, since I started it out wrongly accusing Anamika S?

Click more, then you will get other options, click edit to change your comment, delete to delete it.

I'm not getting edit or delete; just report and permalink!  (I'm not sure what permalink is, but when I clicked it nothing happened.

Oh they must have taken it out. Try just posting an apology after it so no one is offended. if everyone stops posting the thread will eventually get to the bottom of the stack.

Okay I checked, I guess it's a time thing. Like I can edit this now, but after a certain amount of time I can't.

2. kimh039 profile image90

Apologies to Anamika S.  I thought I was being spammed, but I was mistaken.

2. climberjames profile image56
    climberjamesposted 13 years ago

I had the exact same problem last week :S

I'm getting that it's not really a problem climberjames - just appears to be at first.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)