100 hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (52 posts)
  1. Spacey Gracey profile image40
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

in just under 11 weeks, I am off to bed. Tired but happy.

1. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awesome, that's better than I did at around 11 weeks, I only had 20 plus hubs for a full year before I kicked in a schedule of writing hubpages. Well done, now sleep!

Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just like to point out that I haven't gone 11 weeks without sleep - its just that I wanted to go to bed an hour ago but i just couldn't leave it at 99 hubs- it really bugged me. Will no doubt have to correct some mistakes on the new hubs in the morning, but the OCD in me would not rest until I hit 100.

2. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 13 years agoin reply to this

great job...Perhaps I will get there...It has been nearly 1 year but I am pacing myself smile

2. raisingme profile image76
    raisingmeposted 13 years ago

Okay....that's a WOW!!!

raisingme - you seem to be quite a prolific hubber too.

3. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

100 hubs?

I couldn't even read 100 hubs in 11 weeks

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Interesting.......

Good job!

However, I would highly recommend a trip to the Extreme Hub Makeover forum and have some of your hubs critiqued by veteran hubbers.

I'm not doubting your work, but quality is what is going to make you money, not so much quantity. Quality of content is a must more than quantity.

So, I am suggesting you post a few links in the forum I mentioned, so you can improve upon what you've done already, before you begin to write more and it gets away from you.

Just my thoughts.

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Quality of content is a must more than quantity.

NOW YOU TELL ME!!?!?!?!!

I love reading the great stuff some of you write on here. But I came to learn more about marketing, so it has been souless marketing product hubs all the way - much easier to write than the clever stuff.

Youngest sprog off to preschool in September so with fewer distractions I can try something new, and start to learn all over again.

2. Spacey Gracey profile image40

Thanks for the advice Cagsil. I'm not going in totally blind. I have read lots and lots and lots of forum threads and hubs (plenty of stuff by you) to get ideas and tips. My plan was to do 100-150 using one process up until the summer hols, have a break, then come back and attack it from a different angle while I'm watching what the other hubs do.
      I might need an extreme makeover in a few months but I want to wait and watch for a few weeks first. Plus I'm not sure I can take the criticism, and I'm the kind of person who needs to see it myself. I see a lot of contradictory advice, so I do a few hubs one way, a few the other and see what works myself.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

cool

5. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Congratulations Spacey Gracey on your 100 hubs!

Thanks Izzy - you must've reachesd your 100 pretty quick too.

6. Spacey Gracey profile image40

Waynet did I read somewhere that you are trying to get to 1000 hubs before the end of this year? You must be working on a pretty extreme schedule.

1. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah that's the plan, but I may not make it, as I am fine tuning some of my blogs, after some success with promotions etc.

I hope I can make it to 1000 hubpages by the end of the year, but if I make it to at least 800, then I'll still be happy!

But you've got go where the money is and if its in your blogs then 1000 hubs won't be a priority - shame coz I love to spy on you/read your hubs.

7. Spacey Gracey profile image40

Cagsil - one of the things I need to learn is the cool smileys. Saw a thread the other day where people had posted loads of pictures and realised how computer illiterate I really am.

8. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

Well done, you will have to keep us informed as to how well your approach has worked... I did consider trying what you did for a few products but decided to stick with what I am doing as I enjoy writting about my subjects and spend all my time living what I write... I would like to earn money but I don't expect overnight success, or even 6 months.. I see this as constant work for a significant period of time as the goal posts are always changing..

9. Spacey Gracey profile image40

LeanMan - I'm happy to share stories of success or otherwise (otherwise more likely I think).  Def no chance of overnight success - $50 is not quite a retirement fund so i am planning on sticking at it a bit longer. I know what you mean about goal posts. At the start I kept working sums out and saying if I do x hubs, I could make $y - I didn't know any better. Now I make no such bargains with myself. I just keep tap tapping away and look forward to a break in the summer.

1. Richieb799 profile image76
      Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well Done, Yes I noticed after a couple of months things I wasn't including and better topics to write about so Cags is right not to rush in, just checked your hubs, theres some good ones in there.

10. Anesidora profile image60
    Anesidoraposted 13 years ago

Good hubs, Spacey. And great accomplishment to have done 100 already. Fantastic!

11. Spacey Gracey profile image40

Some!!!!!!!!!! They are all perfect I tell you smile

Seriously I have no idea what will work. I have checked out a lot of product hubs by the experts, take what I like, leave what I don't like. I have this never ending internal battle of 'that hubber makes tons of money so they must be perfect, follow everything they do' vs 'there's more than one way to skin a cat'.

Sshhh Anesidora its a secret, almost noone ever tries to copy her style smile

I have done chunks of hubs in different styles so I can see what works. I am trying to be my own person, but I have picked up a lot of ideas from forums and reading other people's hubs.

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Spacey,

The cool smiley?

Is made with ":" the word cool and ":" on the other side. cool

3. Spacey Gracey profile image40

.cool.

4. Spacey Gracey profile image40

Bum ".cool."

5. Spacey Gracey profile image40

oh for goodness sake now i am just embarassing myself
      cool

6. Spacey Gracey profile image40

Thanks Cagsil - my first lesson from a master smile

My laptop screen is sooooooo grubby i didn't notice extra dot so I thought it was a . not a :

Ok Cagsil - so now I've learnt the basics, next lesson, how to be earning $5000 a month by the end of the week smile

cool cool cool

When I figure out how to make $5,000.00 by a weeks end, I'll let you know and you can purchase the information. wink

yeah you and all the rest of the Hubpages army desperately searching for the Holy Grail.

I'm not after mega-bucks. By September 2011 sprog #2 will be going to school and I will struggle to find an excuse to not be getting a crummy part time job. So if I can convince husband that tap tap tapping on keyboard is more profitable than beep beep beeping on a check out I will be a happy woman.

I am not looking for any sort of holy grail. Grant it, the concept itself "holy grail" isn't what those who think it is really. lol

On the other hand, I am just trying to build enough revenue that I can share what I make with others, while I live. wink smile

2. LeanMan profile image79
          LeanManposted 13 years agoin reply to this

if you both give me $5000 I will not only tell you how to make $5000 in a week but $10000!!!! lol

I'll mail that $5000 to you right away. Then I'll tell everyone I know I can make them rich, they just need to mail me a $5000 check first smile

7. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 13 years ago

well, some people are really ambitious!  by my standards 100 hubs in 11 weeks is super-ambitious and I congratulate you.  I guess I would be in need of some kind of makeover after that much activity - if not my hubs, me - I mean psychologically. whatever. Good for you!  now for the how to make $5,000/mo in less than a week? you go girl - phew!

8. Spacey Gracey profile image40

I'm kidding - that is really not my ambition.

I'm thinking about the hub makeover - its just I always thought its something I'd use when I had run out of ideas myself. I don't want to be asking people to tell me stuff unless I have tried really hard to make it work. The hubs that are up will be subject to some tinkering over the next few months. I might stop at 100 now though. I look at these as my learning hubs that will help me learn about building earning hubs.

9. Spacey Gracey profile image40

And life would be so dull if someone said - here research keywords like this, build a hub like this, promote it like this, now here's your check - no experimentation, no imagination, no excuse to hang out in forums under the guise of 'research' - no fun.

I'm quite happy with the blindly stumbling along approach, gathering a few Amazon pennies at a time when people by random bits of furniture not evenly vaguely related to any of my hubs smile. Time for coffee, brain shutting down, beginning to ramble nonsense (even more so than usual).

10. Polly C profile image89
      Polly Cposted 13 years ago

Wow, I'm impressed - 100 hubs in 11 weeks is awesome, I don't know how you did it! smile

11. englightenedsoul profile image59
      englightenedsoulposted 13 years ago

Congratulations Spacey Gracey.  you are really a hub machine.  And I am more impressed by the fact that most of your hubs are amazon oriented.  I am just pathetic at amazon and it takes me around 2-3 days to write a amazon hub and it still does not makes me money.  I am sure you soon you will have dollars rolling in soon.

I find the Amazon stuff easy to write - just pretty boring. I don't know if I am any good at it yet. Only making a few dollars a week but that's what I expected at the start. If I'm still making the same I will declare myself a total failure and write a hub telling people how not to do it.

12. englightenedsoul profile image59

I know Amazon hubs are pretty boring but they are high paying too.  most of the heavy weights here earn more from Amazon and ebay than adsense(Ryankett is an exception here, he makes $500+ per month from adsense and around $30 per month from amazon)...I think it is high time that I concentrate on amazon as I am incurring oppurtunity cost wink

I am sure your amazon hubs will surely pick up.  I hope you are promoting them effectively.  With 100 amazon hubs I can make a living!!!

13. Spacey Gracey profile image40

Well promotion is something I definitely need to work at. If you have any hubs you've found really helpful on promotion please post them up.

I have read lots and lots of hubs and forum threads on backlinking and opinion still seems so divided, even among the people who are making good money - some backlink like crazy, and others say they don't do any and think that soon Google will be able to recognise these self-made backlinks. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Just gonna check out your hubs.

1. englightenedsoul profile image59
        englightenedsoulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was also faced with the same dilemma when I first started off at hubpages.  To backlink my hubs or not, but as I have said in my hub, "How I made $100 from hubpages in six months", don't overload yourself with information and don't quit before trying.  I have found backlinking very helpful and I would continue doing it.  There would always be difference in opinion about it, as some authors are exceptionally talented and write wonderful hubs so other webmasters and bloggers automatically link to them and also some write in extremely narrow niches so don't feel the need to backlink as there is hardly any competition.

But hubbers like me who writes just about average need to backlink so that other people come to know about the existence of my hubs.  I am planning to publish a hub on my promotion strategy, I will notify you when I hit the publish button!!

Thanks - I have read your $100 hub a couple of times. I look forward to reading your new one.

I've decided to take a short break from the Amazon hubs and induldge myself with some 'writing about what I know' hubs.

14. Spacey Gracey profile image40

enlightenedsoul - I've just realised you said 100 hubs would be enough for you to make a living - and you've only been here 6 months so you must be doing lots right - need to take a closer look at you smile

15. englightenedsoul profile image59

Well I meant 100 amazon hubs, but still 100 adsense hubs won't be bad as well.  I am earning $2-$3 per day from adsense and more hubs would only increase that.  I have now focused my attention towards amazon and by the end of this year hoping to publish 75 amazon hubs(Infact I have already written down 45 topics that I would write).  And I guess my scatter gun approach has been working for me and trust me that's the best strategy when you're new.

16. LeanMan profile image79
      LeanManposted 13 years ago

Good morning Spacey,

Will you now spend the next 11 weeks promoting your pages and gaining back links? That would be a good experiment to see how much difference a real effort at promotion makes to your earnings and views and how sustainable it was..

Hmmmm yes and no LeanMan. Some of them I already spent ages and ages putting backlinks down for, and all the others I just did a few. I can't tell the difference traffic-wise. I posted on another forum that they all do this funny little red triangle, blue triangle dance from one day to the next.

Some of the keywords were quite low competition so I'm hoping Google will give me love. Happy to just sit back and watch for a little while. I'm a stats woman at heart. That's why I went nuts and did 100 hubs because 100 hubs will tell me a lot more information than 10 hubs, and I will have more confidence in the conclusions I draw from that number. But also I need some more time to elapse before I start poking around at the stats.

Unless of course you were about to give me a list of magic back links that will give me 100 google #1 spots - in which case I will be more than happy to spend the next 11 weeks laying backlinks smile

17. salt profile image59
      saltposted 13 years ago

Congratulations -youve reminded  me of things to aim for thanks@!!

and congratulations again a great effort.. I applaud you!!!!

Thanks smile

18. theirishobserver. profile image60
      theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

great work smile

19. Dobson profile image75
      Dobsonposted 13 years ago

Nice job spacey gracey! The fact that your hubber score is in the nineties tells me whatever approach you are employing is doing just fine. We all are learning and will continue to do so, since we are seeing regular tweaks to the HP system. Keep on writing and when your ideas fall short you can always edit and rework the ones that underperform!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)