Russian Predicts Collapse of US

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (64 posts)
  1. BDazzler profile image78
    BDazzlerposted 15 years ago

Wow!
    Evidently somebody takes this guy seriously:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne … dicts.html

All I have to say about Russia getting Alaska back is they have to go through Sarah Palin first!

And if it does ... yeah, I'm going to Texas. And I'm gonna get a horse and a gun. And a big hat, yeah a big hat.

Canada will probably not want the Northern states, but hey ... ay?

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard, good grief what are people thinking? big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I don't think you appreciate the level of debt your government is incurring at the moment.

They have committed 8,500,000,000,000 dollars they do not have to fixing the problem. Where exactly do you think this money is going to come from? And when they ask you to pay your share, what will you do?

Texas has oil, and the right to secede from the union if they so choose. I would be moving to Texas with BD lol

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
          VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Divide and rule policy goes to America!

2. AEvans profile image71

You are such a nut!! big_smile  I definitely would not move to Texas , thier are big bugs, big hair and big hats!! I love Texans and I have family their but no way as all my ex-s live in Texas hehehe!!
          I still do pay my share, I don't know the last time that I recieved money from the IRS, I am one of those lucky people that pay every year, while others get to spend smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
            Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

No. I mean your share of the new debt.

If you had actually read that blog post I linked to on the automotive forum, you would have discovered that the new debt equates to about $29,000 per US citizen, or a brand new 2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe lol . Take out the children and the ones with no money and guesstimate your share from that  lol

Although, I understand it is perfectly legal to shoot your exes in Texas......

You are silly and they have the death penalty too. big_smile  I did read your article and I guess I will just keep paying, if some of us didn't pay the taxes I believe the banks wouldn't have gotten so much money they did not need. ::::::::::::::smile

1. countrywomen profile image60
                countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

AEvans- Maybe he wants to be the neighbor of retired George Bush. It would be fun to watch Mark discuss his and Bush's debates on religious topics like Noah's ark or Evolution/Creation...LOL

BDazzlerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hey! Maybe Mark and I can go to church together! ... wait, you can shoot your ex? Umm... oh, never mind.

Bdazzler- Unwilling company to church could become an issue. Check this out: http://hubpages.com/hub/DooWop--DooWop--DooWop

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

"Officials of the Alaskan Independence Party say that Palin was once so independent, she was once a member of their party, which, since the 1970s, has been pushing for a legal vote for Alaskans to decide whether or not residents of the 49th state can secede from the United States." That's Sarah Palin. Texas, the last place on earth for me I think.

3. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

This is only the debt of federal govt. that equals to 9.2 trillions. Total American debt as upto 2007 is 52 trillion. Think how much an American owe?

Jyoti Kothari

4. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

Americans may rethink! This is not a time to joke. Americans facing  problems in real life. They may think and also let the government think on this matter.

Jyoti kothari

Bless your heart , I am glad that you are concerned as we should be as well and although we are in a deficit , it does not seem logical that America will be divided as we are a strong nation and if that would happen where would the rest of the world be? The couldn't borrow money that some of the countries could not repay and that is also a part of our deficit, it isn't just the bailouts. All of our countries are irresponsible for some of their actions. Sincerely I do however appreciate your concern.smile

5. pylos26 profile image69
    pylos26posted 15 years ago

i'll agree that an ignorant mistake has a way of repeating itself, like trying to secede from the union of the u.s. ... in this case texas would get its ass kicked if it attempted such a bold move...

have you ever met a Texan? They can do more with a pair of tweezers and a six-shooter than most people can do with the entire contents of walmart.  If Texas decides do secede ... I'm moving to Texas.

6. TheMoneyGuy profile image68
    TheMoneyGuyposted 15 years ago

Texas would probably be able to pull it off.  As if Texas went so would Oklahoma.  Those two states alone account for a large portion of our current military fighting force.  I assure those Soldiers and Marines would not turn their guns on their mothers and Fathers.

7. knolyourself profile image61

Thought Bush Jr. was from texas.

He is smile that is why I would never move there, if they were going to go nuclear since the World is so angry that is where they would probably go first.smile

8. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

I have read some where some analysts predicting that America can break. I can not just recall that. I do not know and wish that not happened.
    Jyoti kothari

9. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

Still have confidence on Bush? Who is responsible in bringing the American economy to this stage?

Jyoti Kothari

Jyoti- Their are many Americans who believe that going to Iraq should have boosted the economy(as the general feeling is that War kick starts the economy).

2. BDazzler profile image78

Congress is the one who makes tax laws ... the preseident always gets blamed but congress is the one who does the taxes etc.

To make this one man's problem is, at best, naive'.

The truth is that whatever mistakes he has made, we have not had another 9/11 on American soil. That was his foremost goal. If he overdid it, and made other mistakes, well he did.  But I haven't been bombed for the past 7 and a half years.

Did he step on the consitituion? Don't know, But if he did, it was not nearly as badly as Abe Linclon did. Yet, he's one of our greatest heros.

Everybody is anti-Bush this and anti-Bush that. I don't hear a lot about Nancy P. She's got just as much to say and do about this as the president.

The American economy is still better than it was under Jimmy Carter. 

A large part of the "problem" with the American economy is the news coverage. Probably the most intellegent discussion I've seen on the matter is this hub:
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Do-you-believe- … or-why-not

I note that Bush does not figure prominently in this discussion.  In fact, his name is not mentioned at all ...

But go ahead and blame Bush, it will make you feel better.

10. crazyhorsesghost profile image70
    crazyhorsesghostposted 15 years ago

I really think the USA may very well break up into several different independent countries. Alaska has a big independent movement and so does California to a lesser extent. And there are other areas of the country on the edge. It could really happen especially if the countries financial situation continues to go downhill. I saw a interesting fact on CNN this morning. The most people ever in the history of the USA applied for food stamps during the month of November and they expect even more to apply in December. The USA is in a lot worse shape than people realize.

The USA has a estimated 33 million hungry people a night. And 12 million of them are children. But you rarely if ever see this on the news. And you for sure never hear it mentioned by Politicians.

It is really alarming !  That too children hungry ?  Sorry for the state of affairs.  But you cant expect politicians mention all these things.....  because they are the root cause for these things.

Just for poverty and hunger, a country need not disintegrate. I dont think America will go that way.  I am confident that America will overcome all difficulties in the shortest possible time.... if only it keeps off from meddling in other country's affairs, wherever not required.... if only it withdraw deployed forces in 160 or so countries and deploy them only where it finds potential danger to itself.

The country which fed several nations.... the country which was once the symbol of free world... the country which remained nightmare for erratic rulers.... The country which first produced and used the nuclear weapon.... the country which sent man to land on the moon...   No.. it should not collapse...  even if it goes against my country, India.

Mr.Venugopal- Even if USA doesn't support India I am sure it will never go against India. But nice to see that you have such a high opinion about USA.

If a democratic country disintegrates, I cant even imagine what will happen. All the wonderful things in America are only due to democratic form of government.  Same kind of people will go  the same way.. That is why I praise America. 

But it does not mean that bad things should not be forgotten.  Any normal man will one day come to his sense and feel for his wrongdoings..... in this belief, I like America. 

India fought Pakistan with American patton tanks in 1965... and won.   India fought Pakistan with American sabre jets in 1971... and won. No one supported India in those times, except Soviet Union (Russia).  It is enough if that kind of arming and encouraging terrorist sponsoring countries are not repeated. By doing so, America has become bankrupt.

11. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years ago

I expect if such a situation comes to America, when disintegration cannot be prevented, India and Israel, will do their best to save it and prevent it. That is my wish.  Israel owes America a lot.  Its own existence is due to America only.  Mother country Britain should also help in America's unity.

12. Lady Guinevere profile image65
    Lady Guinevereposted 15 years ago

What a hoot! I just popped in today.  Been under the weather with some kind of cold/flu bug.  Got a good lauhg!  Thanks guys!

13. knolyourself profile image61

"Been under the weather with some kind of cold/flu bug." Looks like it's coast to coast.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image65
      Lady Guinevereposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Symptoms, Sore scratchy throat the goes from the throat to up into the ear canals.  Very tired and just a feeling of blah.  Low grade fever and if it is still like this tomorrow I may not be online all day.

Hopefully the baby and the mother are doing fine.

I wasn't sick then so I got to hold the baby, but Dennis was and he couldn't touch him.  I think everything is fine.  I didn't call them yesterday or today to gve them some space with their new baby!

14. knolyourself profile image61

Ear canals, sounds like a bad one. Hope I don't get it.

15. knolyourself profile image61

So just out of curiousity Guinevere, did get a flu shot this fall? I never get one myself.

16. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years ago

Is this a forum for politics ?  Or Health ?

17. knolyourself profile image61

"Is this a forum for politics ?  Or Health ?" Why don't you lighten up my friend. Now I may never get an answer toi my question. You owe me.

I think "Russian Predicts Collapse of US" does not relate to health. If so, and if you assure that it is, I will accept.

Health as a word can have different connotations like Healthy economy, healthy nation and healthy individual. For some people environmental/economical health may affect even their physical /mental health. Any way does one have to always be serious and more ever it is a weekend the time one needs to relax a bit before another week begins. Have a great day. big_smile

LOL, LOL, LOL

I am sorry that I have hijacked this hub.....................
          It doesn't matter who or what makes a country collapse and it just may be one person's or groups consensus that this may or may not happen.  It was foretold by many and no one listened to those people.  We are going to do what we are going to do and as you can see with the Auto Companies--they KNEW they would have to make changes but instead of taking the bull by the horns they chose to procrastinate.  So people will do what they are going to do and nothing is going to change their minds until they HAVE too.

No I don't get Flue shots--can't allergic to eggs which is what they make the serum from.  Well I am not truly allergic to eggs entirely--just have a low tolerance of them--2 in one day is all my body can stand and then I get hives if I have more then that.  So no flu shots for me.

Ha! Maybe there is just a problem with tolerance and the levels of such in the economy and the rest of the world for what affects one will eventually affect others----------------all over the world!  It's the ripple effect or domino or whatever you wish to call it...................

2. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59

You are far more experienced than anyone else... I am sure. Let nothing of the sorts affect your health.   
          There is nothing like weekend or week beginning.........  The clock stops nowhere.
          Introducing unrelated subjects means...... affected by some sort of health.

1. dingdong profile image57
            dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh it's nice to see the word-twister back tongue

Oh ding dong... word twisting makes a sentence............. word spraying will not.

1. dingdong profile image57
                dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

So, you admit that wink

What is word spraying in your dictionary? Care to expand it?

2. countrywomen profile image60

Sir,

I apologize if my words hurt you in anyway. I have very little experience in life so far and I am very ignorant about so many things hence looking forward to learning from knowledgeable people like you. Here in US the weekdays go so fast and hectic that weekend some of us may tend to relax a little bit. But again it may not be the case for everyone. Thanks for your  good wishes for me. We can only moderate to a certain extent to what we do or say and not for anybody else. When some one isn't feeling well then nothing seems right for that person and a little consideration can be given to such a person. Again I am sorry and seek your forgiveness.

3. weblog profile image58
            weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It's very common in any forum you can see people going off the topic and coming back to main discussion. I think you are taking it more seriously than the needed level.

Just relax smile

I use to take nothing seriously.  No loss no gain-- as far as HP is concerned for me.  But as Indian, living in USA, I expect more from them.  I treat them as ambassadors to our nation.  No wrong in my expectations...?  Even if my daughter or son goes there, they should show Indianness in each and every step.

1. weblog profile image58

I'm not sure...what does Indian-ness have to do with weekends or this forum? (according to your early posts)

Sir- We are doing exactly what was pointed out earlier(that digressing from the main topic). I have already apologized and I regret that I do not meet your expectations. Please forgive me and henceforth I will be more careful of what I speak (and to whom I speak). I am really getting tired of these discussions. Have a great day.

Weblog- Thanks for asking that question on behalf but seriously now I am not even keen to pursue this conversation any further. Hope you understand and have a great day.

1. weblog profile image58

Hi CW,

I thought Mr.Venu was making it complicated which was not needed. Otherwise, I don't have any problem. I was just wondering and got curious to know what had disturbed him smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)