What room do you like to spend the most time in and why?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (47 posts)
  1. seanorjohn profile image71
    seanorjohnposted 13 years ago

I love spending my time in the Kitchen. Close to the fridge, chatting whilst I cook,reading at a table, listening to music and still getting on with chores .... the list is endless.

1. profile image56
      christmas2879posted 13 years agoin reply to this
  2. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

my man cave...

and no, that is NOT my nic name for my spouse

seanorjohnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have made me jealous.I wish I had a man cave.What a wimp am I for loving the kitchen.
      I'm gonna build myself a man-cave tonight. I knew something was missing from my life.
      You have made me see the light.

3. profile image0
    Precious Williamsposted 13 years ago

I spend the majority of the time in my lounge which is on the first floor with french doors.  Although I have an office upstairs, I like to work with my lap top on a board, whilst I sit on the floor and listen to classical music. The only downside is when the dog makes me jump because he's seen another dog out the window.

I,m gonna get those French doors. Thanks for putting the idea in my head.

4. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 13 years ago

The patio is my favorite room. All the flowers blooming make me happy smile

Yes , this is missing from my life. Thanks.

5. lender3212000 profile image59
    lender3212000posted 13 years ago

Sad, but I'm going to have to go with the bedroom. Nothing like having a comfortable place to put your head down after a busy day.

A delightful sensible answer.

6. leeberttea profile image57
    leebertteaposted 13 years ago

Yes the bedroom for me. I do everything there! Second would be the kitchen and third the man cave of course where I keep all my toys! wink

Wow, you have got your priorities sorted. Way to go.

7. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

The masturbatorium.  I didn't know there was such a thing 'til I read "Running with scissors".

1. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The masturbatorium is a windowless, cream coloured room with a strong lock on the door

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The newer ones also have DVRs and 3D televisions.

P.S. mine does have windows.  I live next to a 55 and up trailer park.

2. seanorjohn profile image71

I will take your defo on trust. I only have a pocket Collins dictionary to hand. Thanks Greek one. I am learning so much tonight.

3. profile image0
        Kathryn LJposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That clonking sound is women's jaws hitting the floor.  You have a room for this?  We thought you just sneaked off to the loo.

2. seanorjohn profile image71

("Running with scissors?) I'm seriously bewildered Ron.
      I keep mine in the kitchen so I guess I'm covered.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You keep Augusten Burroghs novels in your kitchen?

I'm gonna from now on Ron.

8. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 13 years ago

My favorite room is my enclosed patio, it has a wonderful view of the flower garden and the summer is when all the blooms really look the prettiest. I can sit out there in the early morning and listen to the birds chirping and feel the cool breeze or when I am out there in the evening it is so quite and peaceful.

Sounds idyllic.R>A.

9. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

A favorite room?  Are you serious?  Nope, don't have one....maybe someday when I actually have the home of my choosing.  smile

You could always have an imaginary one Rafini. I live in a tent, by the way.

1. Research Analyst profile image73
        Research Analystposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ROFL smile

Thanks RA. I know rofl probably means something good. I hope!

10. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

I live in a one bedroom apartment. I spend most of my time in the living room where the tv is and where my writing desk is.

Yes, but uninvited you are a special person who is not of this world. I mean this as a compliment. You are on a higher plane.
      Love your hubs. Recommended read of a hubber who thinks.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aren't you sweet? smile

No I am not sweet. I am more like a nut. A bit dry.Sometimes salty but on the whole never roasted.
          I must go to bed. Love your response.Sean

11. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

My favorite room is whatever room my laptop is in. I don't even notice what is around me these days. I'm always just tap tap tapping away on the keyboard of the laptop!
    <~~~internet addict! lol

Izzy, you have probably hit the nail on the head. For so many it is where you can be alone and concentrate. Maybe I don't need to follow Greek's advice and get me a man-cave.

1. IzzyM profile image85
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You don't need to be alone. Actually my laptop is in the lounge - only because my computer unit/table is there. I was alone for a long time when we lost our TV reception, as the only TV we could get a picture on was upstairs in the bedroom, so He spent his days there. That was Heaven!
        Then we got the TV reception fixed and now he is here all day watching Spanish TV so it's always on in the background, but it is really is in one ear and out the other! I don't hear him, I don't see him, except when I leave to go the loo or something and he jumps onto the computer for a game of spider solitaire or something, then we have a huge row when I come back! I think he only does it to hear my voice LOL

Izzy, I think you got it right again. It is where you feel you can lay down your laptop. That is where we will all be at our happiest.
          You made me welcome when I first joined. I always remember your lovely, kind and smiling face.

1. IzzyM profile image85

Why, thankyou! I think that's the nicest compliment I've ever been paid smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79

You and me both, I was in a bad mood today and yesterday because I was having computer problems. I'm on holiday and I sat at the computer all day today...

1. IzzyM profile image85

Hey there is nothing worse - speaking as one internet addict to another! lol
        Got it fixed now?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I think so. youTube videos are still running choppy and nothing I do seems to help.

12. Paradise7 profile image70
    Paradise7posted 13 years ago

Believe it or not, I think the bathroom is my fav.  I love long hot baths, with music and candles, to close the day.  I love the feeling of being done for the day and all my responsibilities fulfilled.

big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

1. creativelycc profile image61
      creativelyccposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can relate, I love taking long hot baths too but lately my favorite room of the house has been my sewing room.  I can sew for hours on end!  Sewing is very relaxing and fun for me!

13. TamCor profile image80
    TamCorposted 13 years ago

I'm with creativelycc about the sewing, although I do mine in our bedroom, which is MY favorite room...I usually sew by hand, or read, or hand-write hubs.

When my husband comes in, he turns on the TV, and we'll curl up together and watch something...usually the corny "scary" movies on SyFy, our favorite pasttime...lol

Tammy

1. creativelycc profile image61
      creativelyccposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That sounds so sweet, you just inspired me to suggest to my husband that we curl up and watch a movie together.  The only thing though is that I'll probably fall asleep watching it because I'm  exhausted!

14. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Sounds like an bandwidth problem? If so it is out of your hands.

15. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

my favorite room changes depending on the season.  right now my kitchen is my favorite room - have a nice set of speakers hooked up for the music played from my den; usually have the door open; can walk out to the patio area; wine rack if I feel like having a glass; my laptop is usually sitting on the counter; it's a great kitchen if you like to cook; lots of windows and light;  it's a good room for spring and summer months.

16. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

I don't think I have a favorite room, it changes so frequently. I like talking in the kitchen with my husband. I think it is because there is no other distractions. No TV, I have a radio in there but it is hardly ever on. When I am by myself my bedroom is my favorite. I can read, or sew or just nap in peace and quiet.

17. profile image0
    4youreyesposted 13 years ago

My favorite room is the living room,are house has a open floor plan.In the morning,my husband and I plan are day while sitting in are rockers,watching the 5:am news while sharing a pot of coffee.We then go are own way for the day.During the day I always manage to get a break in my day and end up taking it in the living room in my rocker,looking out the window at my flowerbeds,the Amish buggies going by,the hummingbirds feeding at my window feeder.Then as my day winds down,I can pick up,my laptop,quilting,kindle,and head for my rocking chair in the living room to relax and watch the the rest of the world wind down from the day.

18. profile image0
    Gracie Sophiaposted 13 years ago

My favorite room in the summer is my sun room with lots of windows and a big window that leads to the deck in the backyard. I sip my coffee in here every morning. What a blessing! In the winter, I like my computer room which is upstairs. It's cozy. I am surrounded by my book, papers, and creative tools. I enjoy my morning alone times. I have a rocking chair on my front porch and I enjoy rocking and drinking coffee in the early hours before the traffic zooms. After years of being a workoholic, I am finally enjoying calm and quiet times at home.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)