Despicable Actions by a Christian Group

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (28 posts)
  1. candice5 profile image58
    candice5posted 13 years ago

A Child that I know told me that the World was ending, and she would never go to College.
    I asked why?, she replied her Christian School had details by the Mayan Group, stating that the World ends in 2012.
    What the Hell are they doing?

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lost to the world of lunacy to the point of telling a child it has two years to live is criminal insanity.

These people need psychiatric care!
      Their children now need therapy.

2. donotfear profile image83
      donotfearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe that a 'Christian' school would push this theory about the Mayan calender. Maybe it's not actually a mainline Christian school but a sect or some 'off-shoot' of one of the millenial/end of world type groups. All the main line Protestants & Catholics I know think the whole Mayan theory of 2012 is horse hockey.  I don't have an opinion on it. It's interesting.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Most likely it is just another irrational belief the Christian school projected on its students. There was no scientific study or study of any kind conducted by the Christians who reject the theory, they most likely rejected it due to their own irrational beliefs clashing. smile

2. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

If it's any consolation...
    there is a party at Randy's place the night before! smile

candice5posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Party in Bumbletown as well...........................
      Its first to see the light, so maybe its last to see the dark end eeeeeew.......
      I have no idea what date the night before is any info..

1. Pearldiver profile image68
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll be @ Randy's.... just in case... I'll have that extra time to kiss my butt goodbye! lol

so where is the Party,?  Be a laugh to see you get that butt kiss , are you a contortionist. lol

1. profile image0
            china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No - he moves in weird circles ! big_smile

Very clever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile

3. candice5 profile image58

They are obviously looney tunes, however where I live there are many many breakaway Groups like this. This one is pentecostal, I have no idea what thir beliefs are. I told the kid, that what they had led her to believe was one Huge Aztec Crock of S..T, She has chosen to believe me. But what you wonder about, is the Kids that tell no one and just let that sort of thing "bottle up".
    All the Churchs pay NO TAX here, they have huge grants are all updating their buildings.
    This one doesn't have a collection bowl, it has EFTPOS> Bizarre.

4. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Yep here's his address... Read his party invitation smile

http://hubpages.com/profile/Randy+Godwin

You mean you haven't been practicing the butt-smack just in case? hmm

It's really easy with the right Yoga partner - holding your....ah.. you know..... ya feet!  lol

Yeah My friend took Yoga too seriously, she is fat and ended up cast in the "Lotus" position, suppose it doesn't matter if the World is ending the next day.

After a quick look at his Page, I guess he has the edge, just drives away from the Action, in a House Truck. lol.

2. Merlin Fraser profile image60
        Merlin Fraserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I assume the 'Butt Kiss' position is similar to the BRACE position suggested by Airlines in the event of a crash.

Question, in either event, plane crash or the End of the World, do either of you want to goto Heaven with your head up your ass ???

5. Merlin Fraser profile image60
    Merlin Fraserposted 13 years ago

As someone who doesn’t accept the one God idea it never ceases to amaze me how many splinter groups the Christians have managed to create and I suspect you are right that this lot have more of a money motive than a religious one.

Over the weeks I have butted heads with many of these fanatics and their strange ideas and interpretation of the Bible, religion, God, Darwinism Vs Creationism and of course your one that the World will end in 2012.

Personally I think the Mayan’s just run out of paper or suddenly woke up one morning and asked “why are we doing this ?”
    The trouble with all the Doom and Gloom merchants is that they have a nasty habit of twisting the facts to suit whatever message they happen to be peddling at the time.  In the case of the Mayan calendar you have to ask from when and up to when were the Mayans counting ?

Then consider one or two other small but important little points,  such as the year 2010 is only relevant to the Christian calendar being as it is supposed to be some sort of back calculation as to when Christ was born.

As a mathematical calculation it is about as accurate as a chocolate watch plus the fact they have had more than one stab at it.  First off they forgot to include year zero, secondly they had no idea about leap years and have had to make adjustments periodically.   One time they took away five days which is why orthodox Christians in the East celebrate Christmas five days after the rest...

So exactly how or when some head banger came up with the theory that the 2012 the Mayan’s were banging on about is the same as the Christian 2012 I have no idea.

As far as the rest of the World is concerned, the Muslims and Jews work to a different calendar in which 2012 has already been and gone.

To me most religions are a power thing, and always have been, and the biggest weapon in their arsenal has always been FEAR in one shape or another.  Hell and Damnation, God’s wrath Etcetera, Etcetera.  Most educated people these days have risen above these cheap shysters but the church in its many guises still tries to control.

What troubles me with your forum is the use of religious fear on children,   one reply above suggested, ‘ These people need psychiatric care! ‘   I’m sorry I don’t agree, these people are criminals and should not be allowed to teach anything to anyone’s children.

Kids today are screwed up enough without this sort of scare mongering !

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was me. I suggested the psychiatric care, but admit to taking a generous stand. On reflection I agree with you. They should have to face the law.

2. candice5 profile image58

You are right, it is criminal, but criminal action, to be proven, requires a Court of Law to prove culpability. In most cases these people are so brainwashed themselves fom Childhood, that they, simply can only see the one Picture, that which has been forced, down their necks since Birth.
      So it would be extremely easy from a Legal perspective to get such a person off any charges, of criminal intent, based on diminished responsibility.
      So I think earnesthub is posibly more correct with the psych care.
      What annoys me most like yourself, is that they are being gifted so much money, for Halls to actually assist their growth.
      There is for exampla a breakaway group of Baptists, that have collected prisoners and retarded people to form the congregation.
      Another that recruits people from Prison, some paedophiles.
      The idea being that these people are going to make a difference in some way to society.
      As for the date, I can count in m y own lifetime several cries of doomsday.

6. Merlin Fraser profile image60
    Merlin Fraserposted 13 years ago

Every time I go to London I see a guy complete with sandwich board announcing THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH !

Don't know if it's the same guy he's been around since I was a kid. You can usually see him on TV whenever there's a demonstration outside the Houses of Parliament.

I suppose One Day he'll be Right !   

I also happen to think that some forms of religious belief could be described as mental illness but because religious freedom is written into our laws they are protected.

But if I went around saying Santa Claus speaks to me and is telling me to build a very, very large sleigh to put all the animals in 'cos there's going to be another ice age....

I'd be surounded by the men in white coats.

1. Jewels profile image81
      Jewelsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey, I saw that guy - at Speakers Corner one Sunday morning.  Plus this crazy man with a book raised above his head shouting : "Where is your bible? Where is your bible?"  It's so crazy, I love London smile

7. Jeff Berndt profile image74
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

Lots of people have been doing the end-of-the-world dance for, well, pretty much since the beginning of it. It's not exclusive to Christians.

1. Merlin Fraser profile image60
      Merlin Fraserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that's a given Jeff, but I think the main point was who is it that's spouting this rubbish in school to children and you can bet that as a Christain School I doubt any other point of view is taught or even considered.

8. chigoiyke profile image58
    chigoiykeposted 13 years ago

Thats crazy, never believed a 'christian' school would believe that. Crazy

9. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

When I was about six, my mother sat me and my brother and sister down and proceeded to tell us about hell.  It was frightening.  She described the devil in detail, and told how he would use his pitch-fork to roast us. 

But she said her religion was a religion of love.

I was in a debate with a Christian yesterday on another hub.  This Christian was talking about how one should use love and compassion to win converts.  When I asked her how she can believe in hell(an astronomically unfair, senseless violent concept) and believe that God is a God of love at the same time, she stopped the exchange.

This is a sickness.

10. chigoiyke profile image58

Let me help her: God is our creator and has given guidelines for our stay in this world, but some people went rebellous, challeging him - the creator - & his guidelines which brought about hell (read the story of lucifer). Yes He is still loving b/cos when you beg for forgiveness of sin, he forgives. Btw, hell is not meant for everybody.

1. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't need your help!  Let me discern, through reason, what are the appropriate steps to take.

11. chigoiyke profile image58

That is it. You see someone that can match you word for word, you run. Lol

12. candice5 profile image58

The Guy in London is a total crackpot, but is it the same guy, or has the honor been handed down to him, throughout the generations of his family..
    I mean he must be getting on now.
    Just been told, bit before my time, that he first predicted this in 1969.
    You would think he would feel embarrassed. must live in hope, that is in itself a sad indictment.
    They are everywhere, there is one that reads his Bible in the middle of the Road in this Town. He'll get bowled one day, best part is he is telling sinners to repent. It is written all over his house. The John 3 /16 part. He learnt about that in gaol, serving one of his many sex offence lags. Nice Guy! NOT

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)