Nancy Pelosi's Latest Gaffe

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

It's the 4th of July and I thought it would be fun to post Nancy Pelosi's most recent gaffe  And I know there will be more! lol

Our dear Nancy thinks that keeping the jobless on unemployment benefits will increase jobs, she said to reporters. "It creates jobs faster than almost any other initiative you can name."

If this is how Obama and Nancy think the country is going to create jobs, we are in so much trouble.

1. leeberttea profile image56
      leebertteaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I find it amazing that she ever got elected and I'll be even more amazed if she gets re-elected again!

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

She was elected by voters from San Francisco, this is leftist liberal central. I'm not surprised at all when they keep electing her.

2. Flightkeeper profile image67

This has become a classic.  Regarding the health care bill:

Congress "[has] to pass the bill so you can find out what's in it..."

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

No one paying attention to your posts so you have to answer yourself?

4. Flightkeeper profile image67

This is an oldie but a goodie.

"I believe in natural gas as a clean, cheap alternative to fossil fuels," House speaker Nancy Pelosi said on Meet the Press

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isn't it?

5. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

I thought so.

6. Flightkeeper profile image67

roll Newsflash!  Natural gas is a fossil fuel.
    lol

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rolling your eyes is so classy.

I didn't realize it was a fossil fuel, you learn something new every day.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, it is a by-product of fossil fuel, UW!  The gas forms from the crude oil naturally and does not pollute like the oil itself when burned.

7. Joni Douglas profile image81
    Joni Douglasposted 13 years ago

You could add that she called a bunch of protesting senior citizens  a bunch of terrorists.

8. Flightkeeper profile image67

Thank you, I forgot that lol You gotta be wary of that violent geriatric mob on their speedy electric carts; they give those soccer hooligans a run for their money.

9. Joni Douglas profile image81
    Joni Douglasposted 13 years ago

And don't forget, it was her idea to spend 30 million to save mice in California.  Never mind jobs for people......got to save those mice.

10. Flightkeeper profile image67

No doubt about it. Pelosi is a gold mine.  I still think about something she said months ago about the healthcare bill.  That people can become artists without fear because they have health insurance.  Well Europe has socialized medicine for a long time and I don't see a lot of brand new appealing artistic work coming out of Europe.

11. Flightkeeper profile image67

Pelosi, during a Thursday press briefing in June, said that passing the energy and climate change legislation was a moral issue and also said the issue was about “God’s beautiful creation” which we have a “moral responsibility” to preserve.

But it's not a moral issue and a moral responsibility to preserve God's beautiful creation in the womb?

wink

1. Sab Oh profile image56
      Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very, very, very well said.

12. Flightkeeper profile image67

Back in January 2009, Pelosi claimed that the stimulus bill had to be passed because "500 million Americans" were losing their jobs each month.  However the population of the US is only 300 milllion. DOH!

1. Sab Oh profile image56
      Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe she was counting the populations of those 7 other states obama mentioned!

13. Flightkeeper profile image67

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8yBmwXW4XEM/TDTs3hjHNiI/AAAAAAAAIE0/1ZAW6_QOje4/s1600/PELOSI+AND+CIA.jpg

14. Flightkeeper profile image67

Nancy Pelosi told Catholic leaders they need to support the Democratic version of immigration reform, and to preach it from the pulpit. She would have said more but she had to leave to attend a rally for the separation of church and state. - Jay Leno

15. Flightkeeper profile image67

“The phenomenon or the situation that I see is that members who are from low-unemployment areas are very concerned about the deficit,” Pelosi said. “Members who are from high-unemployment areas are very concerned about the jobs.” - Nancy Pelosi, May 28, 2010

Yeah that is a very unusual phenomenon, Nancy.  You really shouldn't expect people who are unemployed to be concerned about their lack of jobs. roll

16. Flightkeeper profile image67

"I think there's no doubt there are enough seats in play that could cause Republicans to gain control. There’s no doubt about that. This will depend on strong campaigns by Democrats," Gibbs said on Sunday during Meet The Press.

"How could [Gibbs] know what is going on in our districts?" Pelosi told her members in the caucus meeting in the basement of the Capitol Tuesday night.

Nancy, they do have these things called polls...

17. Flightkeeper profile image67

You people are so lucky you live in California. This heat wave back east is just unbelievable. … It was so hot in Washington, Nancy Pelosi skipped the Botox, had her face injected with frozen yogurt. –Jay Leno

18. Flightkeeper profile image67

A man was washed up on a beach after a terrible shipwreck. Only a sheep and a sheepdog were washed up with him. After looking around, he realized that they were stranded on deserted island.

After being there awhile, he got into the habit of taking his two animal companions to the beach every evening to watch the sunset. One particular evening, the sky was a fiery red with beautiful cirrus clouds, the breeze was warm and gentle - a perfect night for romance.

As they sat there, the sheep started looking better and better to the lonely man. Soon, he leaned over to the sheep and put his arm around it. But the sheepdog, ever protective of the sheep, growled fiercely until the man took his arm from around the sheep. After that, the three of them continued to enjoy the sunsets together,
    but there was no more cuddling.

A few weeks passed by and, lo and behold, there was another shipwreck.

The only survivor was Nancy Pelosi. That evening, the man brought Nancy to the evening beach ritual. It was another beautiful evening, red sky, cirrus clouds, a warm and gentle breeze, a perfect for a night of romance.

Pretty soon, the man started to get "those feelings" again. He fought the urges as long as he could but he finally gave in and leaned over to Nancy and told her he hadn't had sex for months. Nancy batted her eyelashes and asked if there was anything she could do for him.

He said, "Would you mind taking the dog for a walk?"

19. Flightkeeper profile image67

The old priest lay dying in the hospital. For years he had faithfully served the people of the nation’s capital. He motioned for his nurse to come near.

“Yes, Father?” said the nurse.

“I would really like to see Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi before I die”, whispered the priest.

“I’ll see what I can do, Father” replied the nurse.

The nurse sent the request to them and waited for a response. Soon the word arrived. Harry and Nancy would be delighted to visit the priest. As they went to the hospital, Harry commented to Nancy “I don’t know why
    the old priest wants to see us, but it will certainly help our images.” Nancy couldn’t help but agree.

When they arrived at the priest’s room, the priest took Nancy ‘s hand in his right hand and Harry’s hand in his left. There was silence and a look of serenity on the old priest’s face.

Finally Nancy spoke. “Father, of all the people you could have chosen, why did you choose us to be with you as you near the end?”

The old priest slowly replied “I have always tried to pattern my life after our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” The old priest continued...

“He died between two lying thieves. I would like to do the same.”

20. Flightkeeper profile image67

After Congressman Charles Rangel was charged with ethics violations, Speaker of the House and Congressional Botox Fail, Nancy Pelosi, said her pledge to “drain the swamp” back in 2006 when the Democrats tooks over the House did not mean individual ethical lapses by Democrats would not occur while she was Speaker.

lol Now why am I not surprised?

21. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 13 years ago

I said I wouldn't do this , getting  political anymore, Pelosi is the tip of the iceburg, we have to stop electing multi millionaires to government positions , for they are not real people . Congess and senate should be elected like a jury system. Real Americans only, should serve. ok ok, Ill stop now.......sorry!

1. BillyDRitchie profile image60
      BillyDRitchieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So because someone has the audacity to have worked hard, been successful, and make a lot of money....that somehow disqualifies them as "real people".

Nice to see the wealth envy card being played so well......

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)