The Holy Bible: Part 2

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)
  1. maestrowhit profile image59
    maestrowhitposted 15 years ago

And now, ladies and gentlemen, what you've all been waiting for. The sequel to that most confusing, destructive, disagreed-upon, compilation of partially-factual stories which is known today as THE WORD OF GOD.

A bunch of men with a sufficient amount of guts and solid conviction sat down and wrote "thus sayeth the Lord" before whatever it was they knew to be the truth. And for some reason or other, it all stopped nearly 2000 years ago.

It's about time for those of us with those same kinds of guts, those of us who know what truth really is in our world today, to go ahead and catch everyone up on God's Word, as He would have us receive it now after all these centuries of cultural, political, technological, linguistic, and religious evolution.

God needs to speak up to the people, and clear up all this confusion. And this man, for one,  has the guts to be His instrument.

I know some of you do too. Especially you Atheists. You know what God really is, as do many others. If you do, chime in. Lets take down this oppressive, false, evil entity that causes hate and war and starvation. Lets give the Voice of God back to the world after this 2000 year drought.

Part One took thousands of years, so Part Two won't be written over night. It won't be written by just one person. If you have eyes - if you see truth. Then speak up. Have some courage.

I'll start it off.

Book 1 - Chapter 1 - Verse 1

Two thousand years have passed, and the Lord spoke to His servant and said, " My words have been buried in the filth of wicked men, and the world has lost sight of Me. Stand up and be My mouth, and call to others to join you. Evil has manifested itself in the form of righteousness. Now is the time for peace to rule. Now is the time for love to rule. Now is the beginning of the age of life."

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Its been done and its called "Ponder Awhile" wink

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Nice big_smile

The Muslims say it has been done and it is called the Quran.....

Although, I would think you have been here long enough and made enough posts to be able to throw in a link like this -

There is a book that is an updated bible wink

wink  smile  thanks once again smile

2. Inspirepub profile image72
        Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I thought it was called "Conversations With God" (in seven parts) and "A Course In Miracles".

Jenny

Poetry is considered the most condensed and highest form of philosophy .Amongst the enlightened ones the rarest is the poet as it is the most ardous path .smile
          The Holy Bible is poetry, smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

lol

I have said many times the bible needs a re-write.

But - you are doomed to failure. I know, I have tried, and I can be very persuasive when I want to be. This abortion that has been spread by fear and murder is what the mainstream accepts as truth. And it offers the easy solution.

Religion is a political tool that is used to control ignorant, poorly educated, nationalistic masses. It is part and parcel of the western world's economic structure, and you cannot tear down the one without tearing down the other. 

Despite the fact that the bible warns about the very thing it invokes, it is far easier to listen to the idea of an all-powerful god behind your actions than it is to accept that you are part of something far bigger than you are that requires nothing from you.This makes you feel small instead of being a vital part of god's fight against the dark one.

Which is of course all BS, but when stupid, ignorant, bigoted people believe they are part of god's work, they will do anything. A quick stroll through any history book is enough to convince me that Christianity is garbage, and there is no such thing as a personal god.

When I come across some of the people on this very forum, every fibre of my being tells me to be afraid of them. They are god's soldiers, doing god's work; and their god is a jealous and angry god. Much more powerful than the other gods. How tempting is that line? lol

Ignorant people have been falling for this hook line and sinker since well before christianity. Christianity just took all the "best" bits, cobbled it all together, and ran with it. A little good timing as far as lucky technological developments helped to spread the word amongst the barbarian heathens.

Just imagine if the Aztecs had invented gunpowder and cannons first, and sailed eastwards? I bet we would all be building pyramids and sacrificing slaves to the sun god right now. lol

The only answer is education. And the state (all of them) do a very good job of not having enough funds to educate the masses - or supply enough cheap entertainment that it fills everyone's brain with crap.

1. profile image0
      jaimelinus0316posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ouch.

I didn't realize I was so stupid. Regardless of the things that I have read and have been told otherwise (including in this post), I continue to be a Christian. Doesn't that say something? If I was the silly little sheep that people make Christians out to be, wouldn't I wander more? Just curious. :-)

As far as the Bible "stopping" - I'm under the impression that Revelation was a pretty big ending. Hasn't it all been said already? I mean, all of God's words and Jesus' teachings seem to be it. What more does there need to be said?

There already is a part 2, isn't there? Old Testament = Part 1; New Testament = Part 2. And I can't remember how long it was, but there was a huge gap of time between the happenings in part 1 and part 2. There was big long silence between God and His people. (Kinda explains why things got so off track before Jesus came along.)

P.S. - I'm really tired and sick, so I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't make any sense. So I apologize.

P.P.S. - I'm not offended, maestrowhit. I don't agree, but I'm not offended. :-)

I mean, all of God's words and Jesus' teachings seem to be it. What more does there need to be said?
        Very true,the essence will be the same its the language that will change. smile made easier to understand smile

3. Rick Riggs profile image58
    Rick Riggsposted 15 years ago

Athiest basically says there is NO GOD FOR ME!

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Um no, that is not what I say. And I don't need to shout it either.

But welcome to the discussion.......

4. maestrowhit profile image59
    maestrowhitposted 15 years ago

wow. I don't know how I missed it, but I wasn't aware that anyone had posted to this thread. I thought it somehow got overlooked.

Cool. Good stuff Mark.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)