Help This Guy

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)
  1. Info Bucket profile image61
    Info Bucketposted 13 years ago

Link   Somebody help him.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Info,

I did as you asked.

Here was my posted comment.

Hey Info Bucket, I'll give it a shot, considering you asked.

Excuse me, kind sir, you seem to be having a problem, for which, I think I can put a little perspective on. However, You are more than likely not going to enjoy my advice, but I'm going to give it anyways, because I told InfoBucket I would attempt it.

Now, first off...stop being so selfish and try using a bit of compassion for her, instead of thinking about yourself. You hounding her, because you feel differently toward her is not going to help the situation and you are likely to get opposite results as to what you want.

It might be better if you let her decide things for herself, but be her friend. If you find yourself too big for a friendship, then you are too ignorant for a relationship, and it is apparently obvious to her as it stands. Hence, why she does not want you as her boyfriend.

Be her friend, learn to understand and care about what is on her mind, what happens to her be there for her. Or better yet, look up the definition of friendship?

That's about it. wink

That's all I gave him. wink

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years ago

Hi Info Bucket, I answered him too, and this is what I said:

"Sorry mate, but as a woman myself who has been through all this in her past (more than once), I am afraid if she doesn't feel the same way for you as you do for her, nothing will change her mind, and I mean NOTHING. Your only slight chance is to leave her well alone and back off with the pressure in the hope that if she wasn't just being diplomatic when she said she didn't want a relationship right now but might consider you in the future, then your absence might give her a chance to miss you and want you in her life on a more serious basis. I wouldn't bank on this working if she was being simply considerate of your feelings though and really wanted to tell you that she just doesn't think of you in 'that' way, but if she was being honest it is your best chance.

I had a friend back in the 1980's who spent a couple of years trying to be my boyfriend/lover etc, but I just didn't feel the same way, so it never happened. Having said that we are still friends to this day, even though periodically we haven't seen each other for many years at a time.

Keep your chin up, I too have had this kind of obsessive love/need for certain people in my own past. On the plus side, whether it never happened, or it happened but the relationship later failed, I always ended up better off in the long run, (with the exception of when my 1st Husband died and my next partner was an arseh*le ex of mine). Your longing for this girl will go away when you meet a girl who is even more appealing to you, and trust me, there are tens of thousands of partners you would fall in love with in the world, (otherwise, if there were only one, the odds would be we would never meet them). It is merely a matter of keeping a lookout for the one who wants you as much as you want them, why settle for being second choice for someone who really isn't that bothered about being with you anyway?"

Not sure he will listen though, as we all know, love is blind and logic and reason frequently fly out of the window in such situations.

4. Info Bucket profile image61
    Info Bucketposted 13 years ago

Thanx Cags and Misty...... Hope these will help him. Hubbers are always willing to help, its very supportive people here.

5. akirchner profile image93
    akirchnerposted 13 years ago

Here's my posted comment as well - an example from my own life along the way....

You should be yourself and let things develop as they will - instant gratification in a relationship sometimes doesn't happen but by being a friend over time, sometimes things evolve.

You just never know - I am a person who believes in the impossible and I also believe in love.  I also believe if it's meant to be, it will be.

6. profile image0
    T_Diamondposted 13 years ago

I think it's really nice how hubbers post a link to help a newbie hubber out in their time of need.

It's a very supportive community big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)