RNC's hidden $7million debt

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

My goodness. For being the rah-rah capitalism, party of the financial elite, the Republican National Committee seems to be no more adept at money management than the average Joe -- or in this case, Michael.
    Yep, beleagered chairman Michael Steele is being accused by the TREASURER of the RNC of HIDING $7million in debt.

The link below is to the report by Fox News. Just in case anyone wanted to refute this as another "leant left" or "liberal" smear campaign to discredit Republicans.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07 … ions-debt/

1. leeberttea profile image57
      leebertteaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

WHAT???? You're saying FOX is reporting this??? But, but.... they are republician cheerleaders that never tell the truth!

2. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 13 years ago

They know exactly how much they have.  They are hiding it for PR purposes.

3. Mighty Mom profile image77

They are hiding it to build a stronger case to oust Michael Steele?

1. Abecedarian profile image80
      Abecedarianposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You hit that nail on the head.

4. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Well, a lot of them want him out after that statement he made about Afghanistan being "Obama's war"....

Plus, he's already tarnished their "pure as the driven snow" image with his stripper parties...

He should go if he doesn't speak for them!

But, we will probably hear some excuse to make it all go away. You know when Republicans do ANYTHING it's Patriotic.

Lying is not lying, it's "stretching the truth".

Racism is not racism, it's your warped imagination.

Carrying guns to meetings is not a show of force, it's a quaint American custom.

Obstructing government is not a power-play, it's a duty.

Down is up, up is down.

Republicans never do anything wrong Mighty Mom....get a grip!

mason......take it away!!!

5. AnnCee profile image68
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

Doesn't surprise me.   I'm a Republican but the party is dumb as a stump.   They hire Steele to have a clean. articulate black man just like the Democrats.   He is completely unqualified, uninspiring and uninspired, an empty suit, who says one stupid thing after the other.  But hey, the Republicans are open minded and cool just like the Democrats.  Yeah, they're down with the struggle or whatever.

I haven't sent the GOP a dime since it became clear early on in Dubya's tenure they are in favor of an open southern border.

Who represents us?

Nobody.  That's who.  Money talks, the rest walks.

The GOP would just put some other caricature in his place if Steele moved on to better things sitting on a bunch of boards where he can do no harm.  Politicians. Scum.

6. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey AnnCee,

It sounds like something I have been saying for quite awhile now.

Politicians are NOT looking out for the citizenry and only interested in how much they can get out of them.

All are corrupted. ALL should be removed and replaced. lol

But, that is easier said than done. wink

7. Mighty Mom profile image77

All this bending over backwards to appear uber sensitive to race issues is backfiring all over everyone!
    Wouldn't the RNC have been better picking the BEST candidate for the job, rather than an unqualified BLACK candidate just because he's Black?

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To quote a movie - "Stupid is as Stupid does". lol

2. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wouldn't the voters been better off picking the best candidate for president rather than an unqualified black candidate just because he was black?

1. AnnCee profile image68
        AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Boy howdy!

Ummm . . .   Except John McCain and Sarah Palin were not a better choice.  I'm not convinced McCain is any less a progressive nut than Obama.  But he would have been more effective pushing a poisonous agenda through.  And what would Palin be doing as VEEP while her president was going against everything she ever stood for?? 

We should devote a whole thread to discussing that particular what if?

Hey AnnCee, PLEASE do not dedicate a whole thread to those "what if" jacka$$e$. Granted, it would be humorous, but not accomplish anything. lol lol

8. Mighty Mom profile image77

lol lol lol
    I would say something about life being like a box of chocolates... but I'd be opening myself up to accusations of racism.

lol lol lol lol lol Yep, someone would jump the gun and not see the humor in it. wink tongue

9. Mighty Mom profile image77

I don't really understand what you mean by "pushing a poisonous agenda through." (?)
    And, from your post, it sounds like you agree with what Palin stands for but not McCain? Are you one of those who thought the 2008 GOP ticket should have been reversed with Palin as presidential candidate and McCain as Veep?
    Yes, that could certainly warrant its own Forum thread, but it's kinda like beating a dead (rotten, maggoty) horse.

1. AnnCee profile image68
      AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope, I'm not one of those.   I agree with Palin's values and she has demonstrated that she is a reformer.  She was effective against a strongly ingrained "old boy" system and oil companies in Alaska.  I lived there in the 70-80's.  Believe me, that political machine was no cupcake.  Those are dangerous people.  Oil companies will go a long way out of the box to get what they want too.   Palin is tough.  But I think she was completely unprepared for the world stage and it disturbed me that she denied that reality.

She has come a long way since then.  But she is still not my idea of good presidential timber.   McCain, never.  I wish he would go take Lieberman's spot in the Democrat party.   He's no Republican.

Makes me sick that Palin has agreed to stump for him.

Yeah, I suppose it would be a maggoty mess.  No worse than the present administration and congress though.

10. Mighty Mom profile image77

Yes, Fox News is reporting it the same way as other media outlets.
    I'm rendered speechless on that one smile

1. leeberttea profile image57
      leebertteaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Gee maybe they really ARE Fair and Balanced!!

2. Jim Hunter profile image60
      Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was going to respond to this the other day then I found out I was banned.

Aren't liberals the ones criticizing fox news for lying?

And now you use fox news as your source?

Mighty Mom, you are one funny lady.

11. Mighty Mom profile image77

Maybe they are racist! Notice that both major news stories aim to discredit black people (Shirley Shirrod, Michael Steele).
    It might be a coincidence. But then again...I'm beginning to see a pattern here lol lol

12. AnnCee profile image68
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

You were banned, Jim?   What for?

1. Jim Hunter profile image60

Oh, something rather tame, but I wasn't the only one.

I have to work on my phrasing of things.

13. Mighty Mom profile image77

Obviously you are not banned anymore, right?
    Welcome back to the conversation, Jim!
    We will all endeavor to refrain from goading you into ban-worthy comments big_smile

As to using Fox as my source, I didn't want to be accused of using only the "liberal media" which might report the story in a biased way. I feel comfortable knowing that if this is how Fox is portraying it, it must be correct. Or else the RNC is exploiting the media for its own purposes.

Ban worthy comments.

I'm really at a loss as to what I said that was ban worthy.

Randy Godwin was banned for the same comments.

I will never again say what I said.

I just wish I knew what that was.

14. Mighty Mom profile image77

So like when did you get out of the penalty box?
    At least the refs took out one player from each side (the reds vs. the blues)

About the same time you posted this thread on Friday.

I was about to say what I said a while ago and BOOM.

Banned.

15. puter_dr profile image91
    puter_drposted 13 years ago

The Kansas GOP is in a mess. The former chairman is now running for Secretary of State now. When he resigned the chairmanship, they were down to a few hundred in their bank account, the rent and utilities had gone unpaid for 4 months. Payroll Taxes and other bills were not paid etc.

When the Chairman and the director he hired took over, they had a budget surplus, and the state party has been struggling since they left to get things righted.

16. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

A few points

1- 7 million? with an M? who cares anymore!! We just gave private companies about a TRILLION bucks!!!

2- WHAT?!! Government leaders misallocating resources for personal gain?! SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

3- we're still in the middle of 2 undeclared wars... which our current president won a Nobel Peace prize for NOT ending

So... really this isn't an important news item.

Vote libertarian!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)