Do girls really like shy guys?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (50 posts)
  1. Sonic241928 profile image60
    Sonic241928posted 13 years ago

Let's say he has cool interests, but he's just not very talkative or the "live of the party."  And, let's say he's just a little bit nervous sometimes.

Can girls (on average) really fall for a guy like that?

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image61
      Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sure if the guy is making eye contact! Enough so, to let her know what's up. Throw in a smile and if she's interested she will approach you. At least given the opportunity to do so.

smile

2. Rick Radcliff profile image60
      Rick Radcliffposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course, just don't be shy about the fact that you like a girl, which pretty much goes along with what Kimberly said. Plus, most people are only shy in certain situations or places. When they're in their comfort zone, they can be talkative and the life of the party.

Seriously though, don't think about it too much if possible.

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

speak for yourself.  i usually hate talking about myself, but i don't mind asking others about their lives. besides, outside of hubpages, my life is pretty dull to say the least.  lol.  trust me, i live my life almost exactly the opposite of hugh hefner.  he's rich and gets all the women.  me, im broke and i couldn't get a girl to like me to save my life.  lol.  oh well.  im not upset about it, as i've been blessed in other ways, as a friend once showed me.

1. profile image0
          Lecieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i like you steven and i've fallen for a guy that's even duller than you. it's not what a guy talks about that i go for but how they treat me. if he can't take his eyes off mine and just adds some funny comments or input when i talk about something to me he's worth his weight in gold. especially if he acts like a gentleman by opening doors and things like that. i don't care what he has to say or how interesting it is as long as he shows that he enjoys what i have to say.

1. profile image0

aw thanks lecie.  i appreciate you saying that.  however, i wasn't trying to put myself down though.  i was just making a joke about myself.  besides, rodney dangerfield did that to himself all the time, so i just say stuff like that to be funny.  however, i guess online it comes out wrong though.  lol.  oh well.  besides, i know im a great guy for any girl to have but at the same time, I know im not brad pitt or sam worthington.  as im sure if a sane woman had to choose me or one of them, then i doubt seriously I'd have a snowball's chance in hell of getting the girl.  lol.  hell, im not gay but if i was that girl, i'd pick one of those guys over me.  lol.  sorry folks.  im a realist as you all can tell.  as a amateur film critic on here, i make it a point to never ignore the obvious.

1. profile image0
              Lecieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i would chose you over them, i've heard from their past flames that they are jerks. brad for instance refused to have kids with jennifer, then he divorces her and has kids with angelina. doesn't make any sense to me. i like a guy that's always honest about what he wants and usually has the girls best interest at the heart of it. yes sometimes without hearing the words directly something meant to be a joke looks serious in type. sorry i misunderstood and hope you're doing well.

1. profile image0

aw thanks lecie.  i appreciate you saying that. i would definitely pick you too over jolie and aniston anyday.  wink  although i don't usually follow hollywood couples, as i don't care about their lives.  however, everyone that i know in real life does, and from what i heard was that brad actually wanted to have a baby with jennifer aniston.  in fact, that whole ross getting rachel pregnant bit, on friends, was actually brad's idea, as he wanted her to have his kid.  this way she wouldn't have to hide her pregnancy during the show.  however, she didn't want to have kids, so he left her for Jolie.  but you are right.  one would think that if you love someone so much to marry them, then it wouldn't take you less than a year to find someone else and marry them.  to me that just says, i never loved you in the first place and your expendable.  however, that's just my thoughts anyways.

2. Rick Radcliff profile image60
          Rick Radcliffposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The so-called "life of the party" is often the person who shows interest in others, and enjoys listening to them. It doesn't necessarily have much to do with talking about yourself. Although, it does help if you can listen and relate to the person you're talking to. Hence, "relationship."

Also, Steven, you seem to have no problem talking about yourself here on hubpages in your comfort zone.

1. profile image0

oh that.  well in real life nobody ever listens to what i have to say half the time, or they just dismiss it immediately.  hence, why i can express myself so much better on hubpages, as i feel like people here understand me better and actually LISTEN to what i have to say.  where as in real life, i have a hard time articulating my opinions about anything in general.  lol.  which might explain why most people think im simple minded when they talk to me but when they see my writings on here, they can't believe it's the same guy that stutters a lot, who wrote such BRILLIANT film reviews.  lol.  don't ask me why, it just something people have told me a million times in real life that read my work on hubpages.

3. profile image0

depends on the girl we're talking about here.  plus, it also depends on like how nervous the guy acts around the girl.  if we're talking shy as you said not very talkative much, then that might be fine.  if we're talking about nervous as in making a complete imbecile of yourself, then i would say no.

4. the pink umbrella profile image73
      the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes! as long as they arent too shy to show they like you, than shy gys are just as awesom. Im not really head over heels for the life of the party anyway..

Sonic241928posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's encouraging!

2. cupid51 profile image68
    cupid51posted 13 years ago

I would like to say that it is very difficult to analyze the criteria of liking between a man and a woman! Sometimes a handsome man likes a most ordinary looking girl, sometimes a most beautiful girl likes an totally unattractive man! It is really unexplainable! mad

3. EmmaMedu profile image69
    EmmaMeduposted 13 years ago

If he is smart and has cool interests, but talk about it all the time and doesn't need anyone else to know about it, he can be very attractive to women.
    It all depends on woman's taste. Some women like very easy going men, while others like those who don't talk much, but act when the right time comes.

4. luvpassion profile image63
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

I never did in school...I always liked bold guys that weren't afraid to approach me.

I'm not saying shy guys aren't great...they could be, but how would you ever know.

5. PeppermintPaddy profile image61
    PeppermintPaddyposted 13 years ago
  6. PeppermintPaddy profile image61
    PeppermintPaddyposted 13 years ago

I like shy guys but always seem to choose the bold, aggressive, self-obsessed guys.

1. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ditto!!!!

7. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

Love is such a funny thing.
    A women has a way to even draw the shyness out of a guy if she desires.
    Why look at that show 'Beauty And The Geek'.

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A woman can drive a shy man insane by talking nonstop for five hours straight... especially if she talks about fashion, makeup, the new victoria secret models, and her pilates class.

LMAO smile smile
        At times I think a woman can drive anyone crazy lol as well

1. profile image60
          logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your hubs drive me crazy, but in a good way! smile

2. profile image60

Isn't that "The Beauty and the Greek One"? smile
      Do you have the desire to draw the shyness out of me? smile

Well lets pretend you are shy ROFL for starters, and of course I will, I have seen change already lol. smile
        You are an easy pupil Logic, top of the class.

1. profile image60

Aw shucks BP, I'm blushing from my head to my head! smile
          How'd you know I was easy?

I used my inner sensory esp tactile respirators, I have many special abilities Logic smile
            I feel my way as a basic rule.

1. profile image60

A list of those special abilities can be emailed to me!
              You can feel my 'way' as well! smile

smile smile

2. Eric Graudins profile image61
              Eric Graudinsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can definitely confirm that !!! lol

I showed Eric the basics on the back of his Harley going through crocodile infested outback roads in Tassie.
                LMAO great memory

1. Eric Graudins profile image61
                  Eric Graudinsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not a Harley - a BMW.
                  But I fully understand that you were in no condition to recognise the type of bike at the time lol

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
                    Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And she breaks the first rule. sad

Never, ever, ever accuse a BMW rider of riding a Harley. wink

2. blondepoet profile image68

Hahahaha oh what a condition I must have been in.
                    Dang your home brew must have packed a punch.
                    Ohhh now I remember isnt that the car I parked in that big blue box

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/916101_f248.jpg

8. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

I'm a shy guy...... big_smile

Oooooooo I can tell. smile smile

1. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Shabba.....!

Awww you widdle shy thing you. I'll widdle you out your widdle shell LMAO.

1. waynet profile image68
            waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hehe...she said widdle......lol!

9. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

..sure...it could depend on age etc...my ex was quiet and reserved (if that is what you mean by shy) when i first met him...but that changed as he became more comfortable...the reason for his quietness was a transformation happening in his life...

10. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Is it true that they are often 'Pre-maturely' Shy as well? yikes hmm

Sonic241928posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well what do you mean?

11. kmackey32 profile image62
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

I do now... Loud ones are trouble... lol i conflict with loud men because I am loud....lol

12. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I prefer assertive men.

13. Rod Marsden profile image67
    Rod Marsdenposted 13 years ago

Gals can fall for shy guys. I have an aunt who married a shy guy and they are very happy together. They are opposites in many ways. She can talk your ear off about anything. He brightens up when you talk photography.

Generally speaking gals who do fall for shy guys virtually have to hit them over the head with a lump of wood and drag them into their caves. This is something not every gal is prepared to do.

14. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

Hello. My name is Charlie, and I'm shy. It must be true, always has been for me. big_smile

15. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Yeah, right. We believe you, Charlie. Uh-huh.

16. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

big_smile big_smile big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)