religion would have to reinvent itself..do you agree

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (24 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

author of history of god believes religion would need to re invent and evolve itself and which ever religion fails to do so would become obsolete..how many agree to this view point?

1. wilmiers77 profile image60
      wilmiers77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Religionist could and does reinvent certain dogmas and tenets, but there are principals which doesn't have to be reinvented because they are always true such as God created All and thou shall not murder. State executions shall always be opposed until there is none. Scripture gives direction. All scripture points toward Jesus, God's salvation for all of us; His answer. If and when Jesus is reinvented, than it will be Him.

1. profile image57
        stoneyyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fictional characters can't do anything, Sport, no matter how much you insist they do.

2. Deaconess profile image60
      Deaconessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've never read that book, but I have heard this theory before... and I agree, to a point. Religion is an expression of spirituality, shaped by perspective... as perspectives change... as human understanding evolves, so should religion.

Imagine what the world would be like if the Catholic church never changed their belief that the universe revolved around earth? And if Christianity still believed that alternative medicine was witchcraft? And people still believed that epileptics were possessed by devils?

When something stops growing, it starts dying. The same applies to religion. Doctrine that fails to grow with the evolvement of human understanding is doomed to be abandoned.

1. Deaconess profile image60
        Deaconessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And I'd like to expound on what I mean by "to a point." I say this, because sometimes "evolvement" means coming full circle. There are many spiritiual beliefs that the ancients held that were beyond the comprehension of most... that we are only now able to understand... mostly I speak of the metaphysical, and other theologies that today's science actually validates.

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

agreed..u r quiet right..i remember an ancient verse in sanskrit which is actually on big bang..

2. profile image57

'Metaphysical' and other theologies have no validation, much less by science.

3. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend pisean282311

I think with the advent of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908, the Promised Messiah and the Reformer of Latter Days, religions of the world have already got revived.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

but my friend...human race is very old and seems that it would still have million years to go..do you think mirza shaab would be enough till than time?..i mean who knows spiritual leaders 5k years ago?..do u or me know about them?..also it is ahmadis who believe in mirza shaab, rest dont..

4. profile image57

All religions evolve as the fight between Xians demonstrates.

Reinvention as well as; Mormonism, Raelians, Scientology, Pyramid Power, Crystal Power and myriad other ways to fleece the marks.

5. kess profile image60
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As long as we continue to see night and day....

New religion arise,
      old religion will transform,
      religionthat were obsolete will re emmerge..

Changes in religion is inevitable.

Tere cannot ever be "no religion"

2. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Vatican & Islamic scholars are trying hard to bend the evolution and other scientific concepts in favor of their religion. So it's not that they don't reinvent their religion.

3. Flightkeeper profile image69
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Religion does reinvent itself.  Look at what's happening here, more and more Christians seem to gather at each other's homes instead of a mega church or a regular church to explore the Bible and the word of God. It's not a big movement per se but that's not something that's happened before unless you go back to the colonial period and the western settlement period.

that is reinventing or creating new way of worship..but what about concept?

1. Flightkeeper profile image69
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well the concept never changes, but religion as an entity will have to change, at least that's how I'm interpreting you.

i got that...

2. beebong profile image57
      beebongposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We are all still evolving thought and spirituality or the Christ within.

1. profile image57

You may.  Others left superstition behind long long ago.

4. getitrite profile image70
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

I agree that religions of the past have become mythology because they were replaced by new myths.

In the future Christianity will attain the status of mythology, and will be replaced---just as the Greek, Roman, and Egyptian religions of the past were.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We need to reveiw the sum total of all our present knowledge to define the state of our true cosmology.

5. beebong profile image57
    beebongposted 13 years ago

It is the human mind and spiritual psychic that is still evolving and not God. We have not yet caught-up with the thinking of Jesus Christ or Mohammed-that is evidenced through daily world events.

6. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Religion of the mystic sense needs to be done away with, so real problems can be dealt with. Simply because religion(mystic) creates nothing but a bunch of selfish people.

7. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

religion would have to reinvent itself..do you agree

This task has already been accomplished with Quran, Muhammad and the Promised Messiah 1835-1908.

Isn't it?

Thanks

if you read book which i am talking about ,your question isn't it gives No as answer...what was done 1400 years ago didnt stop human beings evolution..they still evolve and religion is human's quest not nature's law which remains static for millions or more years..i recommend you to read that book ,it is really thought provoking one...history of god is written not by atheist but by ex nun who has studied religions closely..her work deserves unbiased read....religions which dont evolve die is her point which she had backed with historical arguments..most religions we see today cannot trace themselves back to more than 5k years and so are still alive but religion of humans before that have died or got absorbed in other religions ..with time current religions are evolving and adjusting to new realities...that is her point..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)