One tip only

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (22 posts)
  1. MikeJones76 profile image60
    MikeJones76posted 13 years ago

Hello, guys. I'm sure there are a lot of you who have travelled the world around... As a travel freak myself, I always learn something new. So my question is: What is the one tip you'd like give the fellow travellers? It's hard to ask that, but... Just one.

1. profile image0
      Charlinexposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Stay at the hotel with the best view at least for a couple of nights.

2. profile image53
      bdthinkerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi guies!
      My only one tip is: Try to find out scope during travel  to contribute minimum a single hour/day/week for doing something beneficial for people in trouble or people in sufferings which acts can obviously gain  mental satisfaction of the traveler.

1. Pearldiver profile image68
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do You Mean: The Local Cost of a Bullet? hmm

3. profile image0
      gogogoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Always respect the customs and way of life of the people whereever you are.  I always find something to compliment them on, and never voice a negative about their way of life

4. profile image49
      modanajamessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hi
      travelling is grate hobby, ok but we make it comfort,if we plan it in the right way

Solar panels for your home

2. MikeJones76 profile image60
    MikeJones76posted 13 years ago

Mine is... Do not take too much CA$H. Almost every business take credit cards, and you can find an ATM almost every where. You don't have to pay those exchange taxes!

3. elayne001 profile image77
    elayne001posted 13 years ago

We enjoyed traveling to Scotland last year and totally enjoyed it. Have been to many other places also. Give yourself time to relax - don't overschedule yourself. We tried to see every castle in Scotland, but our energy ran out. Just soak in the culture and enjoy the people. They are what the country is all about.

4. swati01 profile image59
    swati01posted 13 years ago

before leaving to a place, make a list of visiting spot and categories it by distance and transport.

5. wytegarillaz profile image59
    wytegarillazposted 13 years ago

Appreciate that it is diferent to home and enjoy learning, trying new food , nothing worse than tourists putting  place down because they cant get the food from home , Why travel if your not going to try new experiences ?

6. travelespresso profile image69
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

I love to travel!  My tip - take time to enjoy, and feel the pulse of where you are, even if that means going to fewer places.  In other words quality not quantity!

7. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

And if that pulse gets too much and you're caught in a crappy place.... Always make sure you've got a dry T-Roll hmm

Bonus tip: Another kiwi tip is: Always wear clean undies... you just neer know...... smile

8. Princessa profile image81
    Princessaposted 13 years ago

Try the local food.  The newer and weirder... the better; you will not get a chance anywhere else!

9. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

If a woman comes on to you in a hotel bar with 2 minutes of you sitting down...  there is a 50% chance she is a prostitute.

If it happens in Vegas.. the odds are 95%

If she looks like a man in drag... rest assured she is

10. ExpandYourMind profile image68
    ExpandYourMindposted 13 years ago

If you are flying, pack a spare outfit in your carryon bag.

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If your really want to enjoy the people, the culture go where the locals go, eat what they eat.. check out their art and craft, being adventurous may expand your tastes and interests. Lots of fresh fruits and bottled water.

11. lilian_sg profile image63
    lilian_sgposted 13 years ago

I would say be flexible. Sometimes things won't go as planned. For example, like my trip to Thailand in Mar 2010. I didn't expect any political protests. But because of it, well I changed my itinerary and did some things which I didn't think I would have done. But I did give the Grand Palace a miss. I will probably visit it the next time I go smile

12. ProCW profile image80
    ProCWposted 13 years ago

Take your laptop, netbook, ipad (at minimum your cell phone with internet capabilities)!

If none of those are good options, then take lots of paper and writing utensils.

If all else fails, play fun travel games!

smile

13. Dale Nelson profile image39
    Dale Nelsonposted 13 years ago

We set up an online docuemnt storage and made scanned copies of passports and any valuable documents so that they can be accessed form anywhere online if needed when they get lost.

Never trust padlocks and we found that leaving bags and laptops in the train station lockers is the best. Just take what you need for your travels locally and use the locker as your base for each country.

We took pics with our phones and then download via usb when we get back.

14. epearson profile image60
    epearsonposted 13 years ago

I would say to ask as many questions as possible.  You can find out a lot by talking to the locals.  They are truly the best guides any place you stay.

15. ggerner profile image60
    ggernerposted 13 years ago

Be open to new experiences. Go with the flow. Watch your purse/wallet at all times. smile

16. Bill Manning profile image67
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Take only two carry on bags so you don't have any checked luggage if your flying. Everyone can get by easy with only two bags. Checked luggage is a pain! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)