adsense blocked - hubpages glitch????

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Appletreedeals profile image66
    Appletreedealsposted 13 years ago

Already sent a note to support but....

created new hub
    title was about an innocent Christmas toy
    summary was about buying it below wholesale

That was all the hub contained at this point. no capsule data
    saved - unpublished
    went back - "warning Adsense disabled etc"???????????

started another hub
    another innocent Christmas toy
    only did tile
    same results as above

Anybody else experienced this?

GA

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

What was this toy called precisely? What was the hub title?

The word 'toy' is one half of many two word phrases which could be considered 'adult' wink

Appletreedealsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ryan - thanks for your response.... but.... think about it

I would know if it could be construed as adult and would not have asked.

but it was a toddler toy that had to do with colors and sounds. It can be found on every toy store shelf anywhere. no possible adult innuendos involved.

GA

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have thought about it, and the result is the same. Tell me what the title of the hubpage is and I will comment.

3. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

The HP filter is just set way too high--understandably, but still very high. I won't give the exact titles since I haven't published the hubs yet, but I had two where AdSense was ridiculously blocked as well.

The first was "(blank) for Kids." The object in question is an innocuous household item that in no way, shape or form can be construed as anything adult or "bad."

The other is a food hub that had the word "Asian" in the title.

Now, the two hubs had the ads blocked BEFORE any text was placed in them. I grabbed the URLs, added a title and save it unpublished. And voila. AdSense disabled.

No words. No text. Just a URL and a title. So stop worrying about your content. It may have nothing to do with it at all.

And it's not my reputation either. I've never had any problems here at HP, so it's not like I'm the problem either. smile

Your response mirrors mine exactly.

Did you contact support?
      Any response?
      Still blocked on those hubs?

I'm discouraged about even trying another hub. (after the second, but alas, of course I will)

GA

@ryan - the hub is unpublished, and like Irohner I don't what to give away the title until published.

But I do have enough experience to know if it could have any adult or negative connotations that would get the ads blocked.

That's why I wondered if it was a site glitch.

GA

1. profile image0

Well if you want me to respond to your question with your very limited question, yes I have experienced this. On the following two hubs:

http://hubpages.com/hub/USB-Humping-Dog
        http://hubpages.com/hub/The-5-Biggest-Serial-Killers

As you can see the first one is called USB Humping Dogs. Perfectly innocent of course, but not in the eyes of the filter.

1. WryLilt profile image89
          WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ZOMG I want a USB Humping Dog now! LoL

And OT, I've never had that happen - adsense has only been turned off on hubs I knew had questionable content and only was planning to use Amazon on.

However I'm glad the filter is there. Otherwise HP might lose their adsense account and then where would we all be?

4. Appletreedeals profile image66
    Appletreedealsposted 13 years ago

All right... just received a reply from support team.

By the way, terrific response in less than 8 hrs. Well done team! (seriously, meant as a grateful comment)

They said it was a filter catch, go ahead and finish the hub and they will reinstate the ads on the hub.

but...

But the answer is so exasperating I'm going to reveal the unpublished title, so you can all see my awful behavior. I'll just compete with it like anyone else.

The title was THE ONLY THING typed in the saved unpublished hub!

This is what the filters caught to disable the ads:
    "Vtech Kidizoom Camera - Hot Toys for Christmas"

Gee, I'm hot and horny just reading it.

Nope wait... I'm now offended by it, how dare I say that!

Oops I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to cuss like that in a title.

No no, wait! That is sure to generate a "slander" lawsuit!

OMG it has the word "Kidi" in it, what a pervert!

Does "Zoom" mean something new now? Or is "kidiZoom" the new slang for a sex act?

Oh that's right... I forgot Vtech was the new name for Hustler mag. Nasty rag, that.

I must be too old for this, I just thought it was a kid's Christmas toy.

GA

1. profile image0

Exactly, and this is ALL i was trying to say.

"hot toys" is obviously going to trip the filter, subject to some human common sense being applied later.

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
        pauldeedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

More or less correct.

It's a little more complicated than this, but you can think of the filters as being based on the ratio of "bad" words to "ok" words.  If your hub only has a title and no other text, just having a few "questionable" words in the title may result in ads being disabled.

Once you flesh things out (excuse the pun), we'll be able to figure out that the hub is ok based on the additional text and ads will be re-enabled automatically.

1. lrohner profile image67
          lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paul, you might want to consider different settings for hubs that have yet to have more than, say, 3 words. The two hubs I mentioned have three-word titles and URLs. One had the word "kids" in it and the other had "Asian" in it. I assume those are "bad" words?

None of the other words could conceivably, in any way, shape or form, be considered "bad." I can understand the use of the word "hot" in the OPs title and how that could set things off, but my titles did not include hot, humping, killer, gun, booze or anything like it.

I'll email you the titles of the hubs so you can have a look-see. smile

2. Appletreedeals profile image66

Paul your PUN was the mood changer I needed, thanks. I'm over my tiff now, but I still think "Hot Toys" is a crazy filter trap.

ps. the first "barred" hub had about 50 additional words in the summary. So there was more context there for the filters to see.

Thanks for the response. I will finish the Hub and contact support for the ads correction.

GA

ps. hub category and tags were also kids and toys related.

5. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

Hubpages will just take a look at the blocked hub with human eyes, so dont worry, all will be good smile

p.s. I had a vasectomy hub blocked for a bit, but a human saw that it was just an informative hub smile

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Adsense too sensitive !!!

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is an automated defense mechanism set up by Hubpages to protect us all from adsense violation.  Hubpages have to be accountable on our behalf and if adsense withdraws from hp because their members violated the tos, they would have no more business.  So it is within our's and their's interests smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)