The Obama Family Attends Church to Hear a Pro-Palestinian "Sermon"

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (108 posts)
  1. AnnCee profile image66
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

Give me a flying break!!    Could a man be more stupid?  He never goes to church and when he does it is to hear a Pro-Palestinian activist?

I guess it was as close as he could get to a mosque without sticking his family in tablecloths and leaving them with the other slaves in a separate room.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XLCxzbs0-ec/Syfju37C1GI/AAAAAAAAAqE/Jqem8CfNBv0/s320/6a00d83451af9f69e201156f53f9de970b-500wi.jpg

Before last Sunday, US President Barack Obama and his family had only been to church twice since he became commander-in-chief. They went the first time on Inauguration Day and the second time on Easter.

The Obama family's third time at church in Washington, DC was also for a special occasion - to hear a pro-Palestinian activist preach about how Israel needs to surrender its biblical heartland for a phony peace.

The president, his wife Michelle and their two daughters attended St. John's Church, an Episcopal church just across the street from the White House, for the morning service on September 19. Low and behold, that is the same morning that guest speaker Ziad Asali of the American Task Force on Palestine (ATFP) had the podium.

Asali and the ATFP pretend to want a lasting two-state solution to the conflict, but also advocate the demographic destruction of the Jewish state by supporting the demand that Israel open its gates to millions of so-called Palestinian refugees.

The ATFP blames Israel for the current situation, and wants it to apologize for its rebirth as a nation-state, while Asali draws moral equivalency between Palestinian terrorism and Israeli counter-terrorism operations.

Asali and the ATFP are likewise linked to a number of unsavory pro-Palestinian figures who were once on Obama's guest list.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the US mainstream media ignored the fact that a Muslim with a thinly-veiled anti-Israel message was preaching on the day that the Obama family attended church for only the third time in the past year.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely indefensible on your part.  Childish and hateful.

AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Muslim men subjugate their women.   You don't know that?  hmmm..

Maybe you should read once in a while, Ron.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WmMIrkP-2Ns/R1CdM6Y-5mI/AAAAAAAAAUw/DSrb5G4RgkY/s1600-R/muslim-wedding-photo.jpg

To a Muslim man, females are likened to coins that he keeps in his pocket.  The are highly valued like coins.  Some Muslim women I have talked to are pleased to be highly valued and treasured like a gold coin.  But it must get awfully stuffy and dark in that pocket, don't you think.   And then, a coin may be spent by its owner at will, right?

You have absolutely nothing to base your claim on; it's just a rant. 

As for books, I've read thousands over my lifetime.  More importantly, I understand the content without having a right-wing radio nutjob decipher it for me...

...this disqualifies me for teabagger membership.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image62
            Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

and yet you still rely on the Supreme court to translate the Constitution for you....

As opposed to rank amateurs whose ideological handicaps render them incapable of thoughtful contemplation when it comes to subjects requiring an understanding of nuance and context....

...Yes

rofl.

"bah, you should not need someone to translate X for you!! but when you translate Y, you DO need someone else to translate it for you!!! When you read X, you are not an amateur, but when you read Y, you ARE an amateur! Why? ... THEY ARE DIFFERENT LETTERS!!!

... my arguments are not contradictory!"

Good luck on that

This describes your frustrations quite well.

The Constitution of the United States does not equal x.  Your attempts to reduce it to such are at the root of your misunderstanding.

Thanks for playing. smile

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66
              Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's in English and doesn't need translating. Who should interpret the Constitution in light of current circumstances which have changed a bit since it was written? Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh?

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
                Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The role of the Supreme Court to decide what's Constitutional is defined - IN THE CONSTITUTION.

Actually, I'd like to know where that is stated.  My understanding is that role evolved over time.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image62

Sorry Doug, it doesn't say that at all. In fact, the only branch that can actually do anything to the Constitution is the Legislative branch (or the states themselves can completely ignore the federal government entirely).

The supreme court only has the power to decide the constitutionality of specific cases. And those cases can only be of a very very very limited scope that was specifically outlines in he document.

Please re read article 3

2. Evan G Rogers profile image62

Me

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image65
          AdsenseStrategiesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Know a lot of them do you

3. profile image0
          ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I could provide you with plenty of evidence to suggest that the majority of muslims are very liberal and open minded.

Here, for example, is a party in Iran http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN9xscD5-wM

Of course, with widescale oppression like that, we had better send in the Americans to 'liberate' the Persians lol

If that's true, so what? As I recall GOP hero Ron Reagan didn't attend church often.

1. Jim Hunter profile image60
        Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He felt it would be in poor taste to worship himself openly.

Ronald Reagan is God.

2. Jim Hunter profile image60

He thought it would be in poor taste to worship himself.

Ronald Reagan is God.

1. Greek One profile image63
          Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Only if you are a Satan worshiper

tongue

3. Ralph Deeds profile image66

You couldn't get more traditional and conservative than St. John's across from the White House. That's where the Bushes went on occasion, especially the BUSH Is and where previous presidents have gone going back a couple hundred years or so.

http://www.stjohns-dc.org/

http://www.stjohns-dc.org/article.php?id=48

1. Vladimir Uhri profile image59
        Vladimir Uhriposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We are not talking about Mr. Bush. We are talking about our president.
        What is the matter with you, Ralph

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66

You are criticizing President Obama for attending a church across the street from the White House where American presidents have worshiped since 1815. Nobody criticized Bush or any previous president, so why pick on Obama? Just more hateful propaganda. Just curious, where do you worship? Seems to me you need to work a bit harder on your assimilation.

2. Vladimir Uhri profile image59

Ralph, but there was not problem with Reagan as we have here. Why you do not talking about let say Pharaoh? Ha.

If my memory serves, Reagan ignored Israel-Palestine issues as did George Bush. Just curious, why are you so adamant against the Palestinians. The Israelis have killed at least ten Palestinian women and children for every Israeli casualty from Palestinian rockets.

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image65

Mmm, the death of even a single Israeli is unacceptable. There is nothing wrong with not wanting missiles/rockets (whatever they are), whether antiquated, hi-tech, or whatever, from raining down on Israeli people's homes. People are people -- but this is just the issue: Arabs (Christian or Muslim) are people, just as Israelis (secular liberal, orthodox Jewish, or whatever) are people. NONE of them should have to fear for their lives. ALL of them have a right to live in a safe, vibrant community, unharassed by their neighbours.

True, but the Israelis have retaliated to an extreme and unjustifiable extent, killing school children, hospitals, etc. I don't have any brief for the Hamas terrorists. Ten eyes for one is a bit over done. Would it be justified for Israel to drop tactical nuclear weapon on Gaza because of a couple of deaths due to rockets.

Well, for a start, "the Israelis" didn't do that, the Israeli MILITARY did it. Using a term like "the Israelis" is somewhat like saying all Palestinians are terrorists when clearly 99 percent of them are just people trying to eke out a living (like most of the rest of the world). I am not saying that I support (for one second) Israeli military strategy, but the death of a single Israeli is one too many, (as is true of the death of one Iraqi, one Afghan, or one Palestinian). If a US president can communicate that he supports Israelis' right to live in peace WHILE ALSO recognizing the rights of Palestinians to live in peace, that seems good.

Okay, if you want to split hairs. I guess we can blame the American military on what we've done to Iraq?

Just what is the "problem that we have here?" Is it a problem that President Obama has revived the Palestine-Israel peace talks?
          That strikes me as an accomplishment, or at least an attempt at an accomplishment. Why do you consider it a "problem?"

4. Abecedarian profile image78
      Abecedarianposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How old are you? Can you not make a political point without reducing yourself to grade school diatribe?  President Obama is an intellectual and while HE DOES go to church, just because the media doesn't cover it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.  He has also said that he goes to churches of all denominations. It makes for a well rounded person to be able to see others views.  Have you not heard the saying, "Walk a mile in my shoes."

"President Obama is an intellectual"

That settles it then, we should worship him. roll

2. lady_love158 profile image60
    lady_love158posted 13 years ago

I think he did it to improve his standing among the evangelical community. He and the democrats need their support. Besides, everything Obama does is a political calculation to hold and maintain power. He cares about nothing and no one more then himself!

Right you are.  A lifetime of public service is such a selfish endeavor.

2. Abecedarian profile image78
      Abecedarianposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your daitribe is old. Boo hoo. Just the facts maam, back up your comments please, without it, it's just complaining.

3. AnnCee profile image66

IF the media reports that Obama went to hear a Pro-Palestinian political "sermon" how will that help him among Evangelicals?

Public "service?"   Please.

The Palestinian Ambassador to Lebanon just the other day reassured the Arab world through the pages of Palestine newspaper Al-Hayat Al-Jadida that the peace talks are a sham and the larger goal is delegitimizing Israel.

Who cares that much if the prez likes Palestine? He doesn't have the authority to act upon it.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

Rants written on boldface and red font are so convincing.

Do you EVER see and consider the point of a post?

Yours was given the consideration and respect it was worthy of.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61

lol

5. profile image0
    jerrylposted 13 years ago

lovelady and anncee,

Which media reported that the Obama family went to church,
    (to specifically listen to a pro-Palestinian sermon)?

You ladies are such rightwing radicals that you believe anything you hear about Obama and family.

Did he have forewarning that this was a political sermon?

If a foreign dignitary is noted to be attending a social function, and the president knows about it, is he supposed to snub them?

Wouldn't that cast an unfavorable light on his efforts at mideast peace talks?

Why don't you two put aside your partisan views for a while and try to discuss issues, with possible solutions in mind?

What would you have done if you were in Obama's shoes, without insulting a foreign dignitary?

Details please.

He is damned if he does or doesn't!!!!!!!

Jerryl,

You honestly think the president just wanders blind into any event?

1. profile image0
        jerrylposted 13 years agoin reply to this

AnnCee,  I honestly believe that you are so politically bias driven, that you do not have the ability to discuss issues without a divisive political attitude.

If all people spent as much time trying to help solve problems as you do bitching about them, we might just get somewhere.  Instead, you constantly come up with  tunnel-visioned rightwing politically minded
        rants that accomplish nothing. 

You look one sidedly at all situations, whether political or economical, in the hopes of coming up with something to degrade anyone that doesn't agree with your views.

I do not support either republicans or democrats.  I think they are in bed together and take orders from our hidden government.  However, I have to live within the government we have, and I see no value to undermining most everything that the president does.  He doesn't deserve to be called insulting names, nor should his every activity, with or without his family,
        be used as a political football. 

I don't trust corporate controlled media.  They also have an agenda, either way.

It would shed a positive light on you, if you would try to aid in solving problems rather than look for all possible negatives.

What is it with people like you on message boards?   Are you omniscient?   You don't know anything about me but you dare to describe my life?  If you don't think the article is true, say so and move along. 

How's this?

Jerryl, you are so mentally crippled by political correctness that you wouldn't even be willing to describe a person who committed a crime against you if he was not white.   You should try to wake up to the real world and use some common sense once in a while.

1. profile image0

AnnCee, As expected, you have shown exactly the nature I described.

I know enough about you through your political rants,  to form my own opinion of your attitude, and political demeanor.  What is it with people like you on message boards?

What crime has president Obama committed against you or me?  Details please?  Why was skin color brought up?

I am using common sense.  I try to get people to engage in fruitful dialog toward solving problems.  I had hoped that you might be receptive to that concept..  I guess That is futile with you.

2. Vladimir Uhri profile image59

I think those who defend nonsenses, is just sentimental and not facts.

This is a good point. Clearly he can be "accused" of sending a message by showing up at an event where a pro-Palestinian speaks. But consider this, the message surely has to be "We support the Israelis AND the Palestinians". Why? Because OBVIOUSLY the White House supports the Israelis, because they keep sending them huge tax-payer-funded welfare cheques...

And why would he want to telegraph that he supports the Israelis AND the Palestinians? Because every American-hating Muslim leader since the year dot has used the Palestinian issue as an excuse for fomenting hatred and inciting terrorism. In other words, presenting the world with a supposed more balanced approach could result in one less unemployed, frustrated Muslim youth from becoming a terrorist -- thus SAVING AMERICAN LIVES.

Oh, but that's pandering, you say. Well, pandering would be stripping Israel of its free US tax-payer-money gifts, pandering would be ceasing operations wholesale in Afghanistan -- "appeasing" the Muslim world in the end is about SAVING AMERICAN LIVES. Or don't you care about that.

(Just for the record, one in six Palestinians is Christian...)

6. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

It is curious, to me that he attended church at all, I feel like it was just a political agenda, because the polls suggest that something like 18% of americans think he is muslim.

Regardless of what the sermon was. He is not a particularly religous man. Which is okay, if that's what he chooses. I feel ,however, that he is just looking out for his politacal agenda.

It's all for show!

1. profile image0

Diane,  Not all presidents go to church regularly.    Shouldn't our leader show respect for  foreign leaders, even if it means getting blasted by the press later?

I seriously douibt that Obama knew that this sermon was to be of a political nature, ahead of time.  Does anyone know if he and his family were invited to attend?

Lot's of unanswered questions here.

I believe that there was security preparations and minister new.

7. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I for one think it is delightful that the far right evangelical wing has embraced Israel's cause.

I worry however, how they will react when they find out that there a quite a number Jewish people who live there.  Oh to be a fly around the water coolers at the exclusive WASP private golf clubs when that bit of info comes out!

1. Diane Inside profile image72
      Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Contrary to what you might think, many "evangelical wingers"  have no problem with Jews.

of course not.. they are the chosen people..

until the 'rapture' comes that is, and God gives em what's coming to them.

and they have 'no problem' with them while they live somewhere else...

but let them in their country clubs.. or God forbid, the White House.. THEN there is a problem

There you go judging people you do not know.  I admit I did not know many Jews because where I live there are not too many.  But I have had a couple of teachers in the public school system, who I was very fond of.  They were just like anybody else, one in particular I learned alot from and I thought very highly of him.

He died a few years ago.

I hope a concerned Christian at least TRIED to save him from damnation as he crossed over.

Well he was a Miami Dolphins Fan, Hard core, had our classroom decorated in them.

Perhaps I should have tried to convert him to the Colts.

That would have been the charitable thing to do. smile

2. Greek One profile image63

Not the Colts.. no one needs to be damned THAT badly

Oh maybe your right, I much prefer college football anyway, Maybe Ohio State

Go Buckeyes.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Contrary to the popular myth, the Cowboys are not God's team.  That distinction belongs to the team from New Sodom, aka Indianapolis.

2. Greek One profile image63

all you have to do is listen to some of the evangelical preachers talk.. they pretty much pass judgment on themselves with their own words

Some do your right, but not all.

Good observation (not being sarcastic btw)

I also don't think a lot of them realize just how SECULAR AND LIBERAL huge numbers of Israelis are. In fact, I have seen Orthodox JEWS protesting the State of Israel (in Montreal, where huge numbers of Jews live), because they see Israelis and the lifestyle and political structure that reigns in Israel as irreligious.

8. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

If he did attend a pro-Palestine sermon, I say FINALLY!!
    Those poor people have been the victims of brutal and inhumane treatment by a gvt of thugs, while the world looks on in silence.
    If Obama is open to the Palestinians I will like him even more than I do now.

9. AnnCee profile image66

Why don't you go  help the Palestinians, LoveMyChris??  I'm sure you would be very welcome!

Arabs Harass Female 'Peace' Activists; Left Silences Victims

by Gil Ronen

Two activists have exposed a disturbing phenomenon that they say is an open secret within the “peace camp”: female “peace” activists are routinely harassed and raped by the Arabs of Judea and Samaria with whom they have come to identify. They say the phenomenon has gotten worse lately and that many foreign women end up as wives of local Arabs against their will, but cannot escape their new homes. 

Roni Aloni Sedovnik, a feminist activist, penned an article in News1 – an independent website run by respected investigative reporter Yoav Yitzchak – under the heading “The Left's Betrayal of Female Peace Activists Who were Sexually Assaulted.”

It turns out, she explains, that when female peace activists from Israel and abroad come out to Judea and Samaria and demonstrate against the Israeli “occupation,” they are assaulted sexually by the Arab men whom they have come to help.

These are not isolated incidents, Aloni-Sedovnik stresses. Rather, this is an “ongoing and widespread” phenomenon that includes verbal and physical abuse. She accuses the 'peace' camp of purposely covering up the trend so as not to offend “the Palestinians and their heritage, which sees women as sexual objects.”

Media cover-up

Aloni-Sedovnik cites two specific cases which she has knowledge of – one is a case of rape and another is “severe sexual harassment.” The attackers in both cases, she stresses, were familiar with the victims and knew that they were “peace activists.”

The rape occurred several months ago in the village of Umm Salmona, near Bethlehem. The victim, an American activist, wanted to press charges but leftist activists put pressure on her not to do so, so as not to damage the struggle against the 'occupation.'

The second case involved an Israeli activist who took part in the demonstrations at Shimon HaTzaddik neighborhood in eastern Jerusalem, where the High Court ruled that Jewish families may move into homes that they have owned for generations. This woman filed a complaint with the police but retracted it after “severe and unfair pressure” from the demonstrations' organizers, according to Aloni-Sedovnik. Furthermore, the organizers appealed to demonstrators to dress modestly when they come to the Arab neighborhoods and suggested that they wear head scarves.

Aloni-Sedovnik accuses the Israeli media of complicity in the cover-up.

“How is it that we do not hear the voice of the radical feminists who repeat, day and night, that occupation is occupation, and it does not matter if it is a nation that is doing the subjugation, or a man who is subjugating a woman?

"It appears that there is a gap between the radical-leftist feminist theory about the active resistance to the occupation of the Territories, and the stuttering self-annulment in the face of the violent conquest of women.”

The Umm Salmona case was reported in Haaretz as an attempted rape but does not seem to have made it beyond the blog pages.  (article continues)

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/139738

10. lovemychris profile image76

For every atrocity you can mention, it can be matched in the thousands by the suffering and terrorizing of the Palestinians.

It's over. The rest of the worl is not as blind as we are here. Bibi has given speeches about it...how easy we are to manipulate. They even got 300 members of Congress to put in writing that they will support Israel no matter what.
    That is not Democracy. That is thug rule.
    We are not a colony of Israel, and it's about time we stop acting like it.
    Grow some America! (I would have said the word, but someone would have reported it)

11. lovemychris profile image76

"Why don't you go  help the Palestinians, LoveMyChris??  I'm sure you would be very welcome!"

I'd be afraid I might get run over by a front-end loader....on purpose.

lovemychris, I am trying to love even enemies. But it is so hard when Palestinians shell every day Katushas racket to Israel and civilians get hurt.
      Israel belongs to Israel and Arabs to Arabia. Is it not simple solution?

No, it is not a simple solution. But "Israel belongs to Israel and the Palestinian Territories belong to Palestinians" might be. (Otherwise, by your logic, all Americans with the name Smith should actually be in England).

Ha!

Do you have "settler" relatives by any chance?

12. Rasman1 profile image59
    Rasman1posted 13 years ago

AnnCee my understanding is he attend the St. Johns Episcopal church across the street from the White House. Did you hear the sermon? Where can I find the transcripts of your claim so I can slam the President too. I hope you are not making up this claim because it hurts the cause if you are. It makes the right look hateful. Ok so where did you get your information

13. AnnCee profile image66

Sorry.   I thought I had included the link.

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.as … ;nid=21909

1. profile image0

AnnCee,  The article you cite was in the Israel today news. 

If you had read it carefully, you would have noticed that they state that
      the church had 2 services that morning.

The first was the morning worship which started at 9:00 Am the second was an adult forum which started at 10:00 AM. 

The Israel today article went on to say that the Obamas arrived at 9:00 AM,
      and left the church at 10:03 AM.  That's 3 minutes after this so-called
      pro-Palestinian speaker started speaking.

Now please explain exactly what  you are trying to stir up?

Who has the political ax to grind here?  You or Obama?

Keeping these people honest is a 24-hour job. They have no shame, and they never admit it when they are proven wrong. (I'm putting this as tactfully as I can.)

14. AnnCee profile image66

Perhaps the Obamas will attend church next Sunday and the next?

Fifteen percent of Americans claim to be atheists. Then we have the countless Hindus, Sikhs, Muslims, Jews and Buddhists who are American (many of them in America for many generations). In addition to this, as anyone who pays any attention whatsoever to modern American society can recognize easily, those who call themselves Christians act, most of the time, nothing like it. So, ultimately, the president is NOT the president of a Christian country, so should NOT be seen going to ANY church, temple, or whatever...

2. profile image0

AnnCee,  Perhaps a little repenting on your part for laying unwarrented
      suspicions on Obama and his family are in order.

I quote you:  "He never goes to church, and when he does, it is to hear
      a pro-Palestinian activist."

The Obamas left the church 3 minutes after the alleged pro-Palestinian
      speaker started speaking.  Where is your credibility now?

As I said in a previous post. your political rants have exposed your
      attitude and political demeanor, which seems to be (smear the Obamas
      at every possible turn, even if it based upon false inuendos).

1. profile image0

AnnCee,  Just one more question.  You  didn't post the entire article
        at the beginning of your thread.

You conveniently cut it off before it got to the part where the Obamas left the church before they could have heard the pro-palestinian speaker's message.  Why?

1. livelonger profile image87
          livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good question. I doubt very much you'll get an answer to that.

2. profile image0

AnnCee,  It is time for me to apologize for my shortcomings.  I made the
          statement that "you conveniently cut it off before it got to the part where the Obamas left the church, ETC.,"

I truly was guilty of not retaining what I read, because you did include that part of the article.  For this I am sorry and apologize to you.  My shortcomings also put me into the attack mode, which should not have happened on my part.  I could have handled things with much more diplomacy.  My insults made in anger were not appropriate.

However, the rest of your rant against the Obamas was unwarranted.
          You intimated that they went there to listen to the pro-palestinian speaker, when it became obvious in the article itself, that they attended the worship service only.  If they had gone to the adult forum, you may have had a leg to stand on.  They did not.  On this, I feel that my objections to your claims were correct.  You also commented on how stupid could Obama be, and posted an unflattering picture of him evidently in some sort of euphoria over the  words of a pro-palextinian speaker, that he never stayed to listen to.

Could the rest have been an oversight on your part?  If so, an explaination from you could set things straight. 

I think it would be wise, that in the future, we all provide proof of what we
          are claiming to be fact, and not embellish those facts into some fantasy.
          These embellishments only serve to divide us as a nation.Things are bad enough in this world.   

It would be wise to acknowledge who originates such articles and take into consideration what the motives of the authors might possibly be.
          It was obvious from the get-go, that the authors of this article were
          pro-Israel and anti-Palestinian.  Their inuendos accomplished the job they evidently wanted them to.  It succeeded in casting a bad light on the Obamas, even though the Obamas were not guilty of what was intimated.

Put the blame where it belongs.  (The Israel news article).

1. profile image0

I correct myself once again.  When comparing AnnCee's opening post on this thread, I must have gotten her opening post mixed up with the actual link to the Israel news article. 

I mistakenly apologized for misreading and not retaining what I read in her opening post.  In actuality, I did not misread it.  She did conveniently omit the part where the Obamas left before that speaker began to speak at the adult forum. 

This does not mean that I excuse my behavior.  It only means that my post accusing  her of omitting facts was correct.

2. Jim Hunter profile image60

"The Obamas left the church 3 minutes after the alleged pro-Palestinian
        speaker started speaking."

Must have been a two minute speech then.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image66

"AnnCee,  Perhaps a little repenting on your part for laying unwarrented
        suspicions on Obama and his family are in order."

Don't hold your breath. You might be dead.

15. alternate poet profile image67
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

Hmmmm !  a President who is listening to other points of view, whatever next !  we can't have that now can we - especially in BOLD Red Text can we.

16. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

So...Obama left before that speaker spoke?
    Sounds about right.  Like he must've left before he heard all of Reverend Wright's anti-American rants!

He has a tendency to leave church early.

He's trying to avoid running into Brenda.

17. Evan G Rogers profile image62
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

NO!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT PALESTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

PALESTINE!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Rasman1 profile image59
        Rasman1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ha ha ha ha ha Evan.

By the way The establishment of the state of Israel was a big cause of millions of Palestinian refugees. People act as though Israel had no part in this slow Genocide because they use to be Gods people. Well I understand the anger of Palestine. I do not agree with killing innocents as they have done in their fight for basic rights. What makes Israel so special, because of a holocaust. Hell, 400 million blacks died in a holocaust at the hands of Europeans so what the hell is so special about Israel. They are another people like any other ans should be criticized for their role in the slow genocide of a nation.

18. lovemychris profile image76

I already saw their interpretation of it on C-Span.

John Kasich, speaking to the Democrats while pounding the podium with the gavel:
    "We are in charge now...you HAVE no say!".....and it hasn't stopped since.
    Even now, when they were voted O U T, they refuse to leave gracefully.

Tea-bag/Shmea-bag, it's all about the money honey. That's all this Republican party knows.

Look at them! Won't even vote for bills that were THEIR ideas!!!!!!!

Now we have Beckles the Clown going on another "Marxist" rant...another smear campaign ala ACORN and Van Jones.....this guy needs a SERIOUS trip to the woodshed!

"Wash that filthy mouth out with soap young man!"

19. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

lovemychris -- have i told you lately that i love you?

20. lovemychris profile image76

"That I place no one else above you?"

hahahaha

21. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

What does his religion have to do with being President?  Since when is religion a Federal priority of the President? 

Give ME a flying break!

If religious wack-a-doodles had their way, then the likes of Jefferson, Adams, Lincoln, would have never been Presidents, and Ben Franklin, Adams and Jefferson would have never wrote the Declaration of Independence, and the American Constitution.......
    This religious dribble, involving the Obama's religious endeavors should be left where it belongs- in the trash bin.

22. Doug Hughes profile image60
    Doug Hughesposted 13 years ago

The OP brings adjectives to mind. Insipid - hateful - deceptive - mean - vicious. You get the idea. Look at the facts without the nutball spin.

The president went to church. BFD.  He walked out 3 minutes into a speech by a pro-Palestinian guest. What's wrong with hearing different points of view? Heck, I read the mindless OP here - that doesn't mean I endorse it. I know I'm better off listening to different points of view - even wingnut drivel, than by clinging to only one source of information.

So just what is it that the teabaggers want Obama to do or not do? He should go to church or he can't go to church. Pick one. Seems like he's getting slammed both ways. He can listen to all points of view on international issues - or he can only listen to sources approved by the far, far right? Just what is Obama doing that irritates you so much - besides breathing?

23. Mighty Mom profile image78

Yeah, that was the song reference (gotta love old Van -- I wonder if/where HE goes to church! LOL).
    Seriously, you just have the most expressive way of putting things. I wonder sometimes if the OP and her ilk even understand you.
    Maybe you -- or all of us -- should all take to putting our really, really important points in RED AND MAYBE EVEN ALL CAPS so our arguments are viewed as cogent and sound.
    Man -- even the coding for RED TEXT is a bitch! Must be really, really important to go through all that extra work.

I am going to ask Maddie et al if they can give us more colors - maybe green, purple and orange big_smile

Maybe a TEA color?

2. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Purple would be great!

Doug, I'm with Mighty Mom- you make an excellent argument.

24. Mighty Mom profile image78

Doug -- Excellent points. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
    And maybe he didn't "walk out 3 minutes in" -- maybe, just maybe, the 2nd service was delayed by a few minutes as people left from the 9am service.
    Or *gasp* maybe Obama stopped on his way out to talk to the priest (I think Episcopals call them priests). That's a common occurrence when one is leaving a service.Thus the official "clocking out of St. John's" is listed as 10:03.
    Heck, maybe he even went to the men's room before leaving the church.

25. Mighty Mom profile image78

Yes, TEA color would be appropriate, as it is the same basic hue as something else that is brown, watery, and spewed from a bodily orifice.

26. livelonger profile image87
    livelongerposted 13 years ago

purple
    green
    tea
    angry right-wing

Yup, you can do it already. No additional programming necessary.

27. profile image0
    jerrylposted 13 years ago

What was the objective of Israel today news when they published the article on Obama's church attendence?

It appears to me, that they are trying to influence America's upcoming elections.

It is either that, or retaliation for Obama beginning the scale-down of the war in Iraq.  Or both! 

Could it be that Israel today, which publishes in several languages, wants to keep the fires of discontent burning?

Why would they try to besmirch the name of a man who promised continued support of Israel, not only political, but financial also?

Isn't that being two-faced and manipulative?

They cry out for world support and then bite the hand that feeds them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)