do muslims/hindus/jews fall in category of non believers & viceversa?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (42 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

what does word believer mean to christians?..do muslims or buddist or any other faith fall in category of non believer and if you are muslim or any other faith , do christians and other faiths fall in category of non believers?

1. profile image49
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The truthful religion since inception has been one and is one and cannot be but one; Buddha, Krishan, Zorosater, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad were from the one truthful source of the Creator-God Allah YHWH; they were all truthful Messenger Prophets of Him to guide the humanity towards Him.

Their followers if they trutly believe in them and are not misguided; then they are believers and not non-believers.

2. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the are all "believers" - it differs what people believe.  Each believes theirs is the true religion

1. profile image48
        PK1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is an all too common fallacy.

Only evangelistic religions believe THEIR way is the only true right way and there are only two of them.  They are Christianity and Islam.  Both have caused the world much suffering and bloodshed.  They also stole and manipulated many elements in the Torah to suit their needs, then lied about it.

All the truly original religions  like Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism (well that's an offshoot of Hinduism, but it's a self acknowledged and non manipulated one, with some *legitimate* spins of it's own) do NOT believe there is only one spiritual path and there are no bogy-man like scare tactics such as hell and devils.

1. livelonger profile image86
          livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well put.

I remember reading a rabbi's metaphor for people's different religious/spiritual traditions as being somewhere on a very large mountain that covers half the planet. At the base, people are very far from each other, wearing different clothing because of the different climates. As people move up the mountain towards the summit, their differences vanish and their "clothing" (values) converge.

I've found that only the less evolved religious variants obsess about the differences in religious values; the more evolved ones find commonalities between theirs and others'.

3. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

we are all believers, but you could not tell it by asking us!!!!!!!!!    lol

2. libby101a profile image60
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

To me, as a christian, non-believer would be anyone who does not believe that Jesus is the son of God... that God is the creator of everything and all living creatures... that all energy began with God!

1. profile image49

I think your definition is not correct; Jesus never believed that he was literally son of god, or god; these concepts were invented by Paul and the Church. So your definition does not fit even on Jesus; Jesus would become a non-believer if your definition is thought of. Please let Jesus be a believer and rephrase your definition that includes Jesus as a believer.

1. chubatemjen profile image60
        chubatemjenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To believe or not to believe is a personal choice.Do i live as i ought to live is more important. Live in Love and peace..Are they not our brothers and sisters ?

2. profile image57
        exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

paarsurrey, in the O.T Isa 9:6 Jesus is the Father, Jesus is the Mighty God
        Paul did not invent the Old testement

3. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

There are 32000+ denominations of the Christian; enough to prove that Jesus Second Coming has taken place to unite them in one Truth; together with denominations of all other religions.

1. profile image0

the ku klux klan and jehovah witnesses are offshoots of christianity

1. profile image49

But these had got nothing to do with Jesus or the teachings of Jesus

1. profile image0

KKK call themselves christians, even though they are racist terrorists

1. profile image57
            exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

a whole, whole lot of people call themselves Christians that are not, even when the KKK was started, it was not started by Christians no matter what the people at that time called themselves

2. hanging out profile image60
      hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

please to show the url about 32,000 denominations which actually lists the denominations. I am sure you will find something like this:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3912105_f248.jpg

these are denominations named by COUNTRY not a completely seperate belief.
      Notice that these are all catholic and they really amount to 1 denomination and it is not of a christ like church at all, therefore is not part of christendom.

thankyou i am peaceful child of God tired of slander

4. marty1968 profile image60
    marty1968posted 13 years ago

Jesus Christ is the One true Son of God. He was He is an He is to come. If you dont understand the trinity of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. He is all Three

1. profile image49

Trinity is confusion of Paul and the Church; Jesus never believed in it.

1. libby101a profile image60
        libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And... how would you know what Jesus believed in? Are you him? Were you there? Seriously???? No... you did not and were not! You are listening to Muhammad, a self proclaimed prophet who married a 6 yr old girl then had sex with her at 9 yrs old... who had 14 wives... who also confirmed his "vision with an angel" with his wife by her asking him... is the angel here, he would say yes... then she showed her "private parts" and thus muhammad said the spirit left then... so she never saw the angel she just confirmed it by showing her private parts and muhammad said the angel left when she did this... Muhammad doesn't sound like a prophet now even a moral person!

Muhammad could not read or write! A true prophet did miracles to prove his authenticity... but Muhammad could not perform ONE miracle! His whole purpose was self!

Also Muhammad had his step son marry a young woman... whom he chose for him.. his step son did not want to marry this young woman... so muhammad told him God wanted him to marry this woman... later Muhammad saw this young woman in her room and wanted her sexually! So his step son divorced her so Muhammad could have her as his wife... totally against God's plan for NO divorce!

The angel Gabriel, when he visited anyone, they were scared at first but he always removed their fears and made them comfortable when he brought his message from God... but Muhammad after claiming to see the Angel Gabriel came home to his wife shaking in fear... and she had to comfort him... he was scared to death! Doesn't sound like the Angel Gabriel to me! Had Muhammad been able to read and write he could have studied the Torah then and realized the angel he was visited by was not of God!!!

A true prophet is visited by God himself. Moses and the burning bush... the list goes on.. But Muhammad proclaimed he was visited by an angel!!! God himself did this!  No prophet was ever visited by an angel for a calling to be God's prophet! But Muhammad proclaimed so much nonsense it's undestandable!

The reason the Mecca people would not accept or listen to Muhammad's confession or his prephesy was because they knew he was not a true prophet! He could do NO miracles as their bible had told them! Muhammad forced his beliefs and nonsense on them by war! His followers did not want to go to war with the Mecca because many of those people were their family members yet Muhammad told them that is what Allah wanted! So they did it anyway! And many of his followers killed people in their own family because Muhammad was a warmonger and not of GOD or ALLAH!

I'm sorry  but Muhammad was no prophet! He was a sadistic pervert!

So your entire thoughts about Jesus are based on a man who self proclaimed himself to be a prophet of God... but the God of Abraham always called his prophets himself! And prophets...such as Moses were fully able to do miracles!! But Muhammad had neither! I'm sorry but there's no way I would put faith in this so called prophet! I trust in Jesus who could do miracles!

Four times the Qu'ran declares that the planet earth is flat:
        Do they not consider ... How the earth has been flattened out?  (Surat Al- Ghashiyah 88:20 T.B. Irving - The First American Version of the Quran)
        Have We not made the earth as a side expanse, and the mountains as pegs?   (Surat Al-Naban 78:6).

And the earth and Him who spread (surat Al-Shams 91:6).
        And the earth have we spread out (Surat Al-Hijr 15:19).

But in the Bible it is declared and foretold as being round:

Hundreds of years before Copernicus and Galieo, the prophet Isaiah declared that the planet earth is a sphere, he wrote:

It is He who sits above the circle of the earth (Isaiah 40:22 NKJ).

If Muhammad was a true prophet of God or "Allah" then why did God not tell him the Earth was round not flat??? But apparently God told Isaiah the Earth was round???

Jesus Christ commanded Christians:

Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; that ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven. .. (Matthew 5:44, 45).

The Quran says:
        There is the law of equality.  If then any one transgresses the prohibition against you, transgress ye likewise against him (Surat Al-Baqarah 2:194).
        O ye who believe!  Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other.  And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendshipl is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust (Surat Al-Maidah 5:5).

A big difference when thinking of love and racism... one is a hate filled return evil for evil in the Qu'ran... but Jesus in the bible says to love your enemies!

Jesus said to peter:

Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword (Matthew 26:52).

Muhammad said:

I was sent by the sword, the good is with the sword, the good is in the sword, the good is by the sword. My followers will be always good as long as they carry the sword (Islamic Ca[iphate , page 144).

O Prophet! rouse the believers to fight (Surat Al-Anfal 8:65).

Moses in the Bible gave man the writing of divorcment because of the hardness of their hearts... but God said it was not so... and commanded one man for one woman... but Muhammad in the Qu'ran says that a man can have up to 4 wives... and he was better so he got 14 wives! One of which was a 6 yr old baby girl... whom he had sex with at 9 yrs old!

So if God said a man should have one wife... but Muhammad claims an angel told him that God said a man could have up to 4 wives... and the Qu'ran clearly states that The old testament is accurate then there is huge contradictions in the Qu'ran and has huge flaws. Which means to me that Jesus is the correct way to believe! Because jesus taught love and forgiveness and Muhammad taught hate and war!

No offense... but please do not tell me what Jesus thought or said or believed! Because Muhammad had no idea of anything about Jesus!

Therefore I will NOT rephrase my comment to make it as Jesus as a believer! I do not believe in Muhammad or his teachings so why should I?

I do not like to argue against other's religions but you have ask me to rephrase my statement which would be totally against what I believe!  Do I ask you to rephrase your statements which I totally do not believe in?? No I do not!

God bless you and please stop putting peaceful in your signature because to ask someone to change their beliefs is not peaceful... it is asking for trouble... but that is to be expected because your Qu'ran teaches war and carrying of the sword! Jesus says if you live by the sword you will die by the sword!

God Bless! Peace unto you peaceful muslim!

Do not attack my beliefs again and I wont say anything against yours!!!

1. Beelzedad profile image59
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yet, that is the duty of all Christians, is it not? smile

HI beelzedad! Up and at it early today eh?

No it is not the duty of "all" christians! But if we are attacked we have every right, as you do, to defend our beliefs! Even you defend your beliefs as I've seen on here!!

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

interesting observation..now if bible states world is flat , why galileo was humiliated by church..m curious to know this...

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Yes, it is, read your bible.

LOL! What beliefs am I defending? smile

Your beliefs in that God does not exist! That is your belief and that is what you defend endlessly in these threads? yes or no???

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

why that needs defending..belief in god does need defending because there is no consensus on god..x believes one book , y believes in another..z believes that x belief is false and so on....so that needs defending..see you message paarsurrey in such length ..why?...

Because I have the right if I want to! Just as he has the right to put all that he wants to defend his beliefs... and he does all the time! We all put what we feel is truth. And apparently you have a "belief" that you feel needs defending... otherwise you would not be typing as you just did!

My reasoning for answering Paarsurry in detail is simple. I try my best to respect everyone and just give my opinions and beliefs and stay out of name calling and whatever! However I feel it is offensive to put down another person's religion. Paarsurrey said that I need to take something out of my post and went on to tell me that I am wrong and Jesus was just a prophet. that is totally offensive! So I feel I had to "defend" my belief!

It's simple! No matter how much we try to get along with others and do things respectfully. It is almost impossible because there is always going to be someone who feels they must tell you that your religion is wrong! And when someone does that it makes a respectful conversation turn disrespectful!

And to you concerning that my beliefs and 80% of the world's beliefs need no defending! That is your consensus! You have a right to think that way if you want! And you have the right to defend your belief in that! Just because your belief system is in "there is no God" and mine is "there is a God" doesn't change the fact that we both have the right to defend our belief!

2. Beelzedad profile image59

That doesn't even make sense.

1. hanging out profile image60

told you, you can't understand it

2. profile image0

You obviously don't know the difference btwn a 2D ( flat )circle & 3D sphere.  The early church blasted Galileo when he worked out the Earth was moving, not the sun & stars - they believed the Earth was flat, and the sun disappeared to "Hell" below at nighttime (hence the fire of hell)

The early church did not.. early church is a term designated for the apostles in the upper room in acts.. The Catholic church did what you are talking about and like Galileo we too will die with our beliefs and one day the world will be awakened.
            Its odd isn't it. The ones with accurate knowledge of whats whats in christendom are the faithful believers in God and his son and this personal relationship with christ and the ones who know nothing have all the boisterous claims against God and are the non believers.

Do we not see the irony in this situation?

5. carla_easley profile image58
    carla_easleyposted 13 years ago

They all believe in God, just have different beliefs as far as religion.

Do they? Do they all believe in God? Do they even believe in a god? Ya know what a belief is? A belief is something that is so strong in a person they will die representing that belief, they will be beaten, persecuted even throw away a comfy home with running water to feed starving children in Africa. If some legal authority comes along and demands to know what their belief in god is; upon penalty of imprisonment, will the atheists stand up for their belief? No. Why should they? Their belief has no god or God, it gives them nothing. Will a buddhist suffer for their belief. A jungist? It is almost certain a christian will suffer many things and be tollerant of much up to a point, and to preach the word of God that people might be saved. There are christians in jails in china now for their belief in jesus. Christians who had nice homes living in mud huts to feed beelzedads starving children because they believe in a risen savior, and the christian down the road running the food bank for the poor and other examples of once bad people, perhaps addicted to some substance, stealing, or just greedy and caught up in wanting the things of the world so much. A person with outrageous temper problems now because of christ in his life is able to pet small animals.
      I do not understand and again, God nailed this one so i will quote the good book:
      Acts 4:25 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?

1. chubatemjen profile image60
        chubatemjenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not everyone that called the name of God will enter Heaven, but he who does the Will of My Father in heaven...So what's the hue and cry..?

6. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

do muslims/hindus/jews fall in category of non believers & viceversa?

Muslims,Hindus, Jews, Buddhists, Zoroastrians are all  believers if they believe in the ONE Creator-God and his prophets and messengers.

1. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So, boiled down, that means they have to accept Mohamed as a prophet?

7. profile image51
    Khatpandwaposted 13 years ago

Believers are those who believe in one God. Peace.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)