Thanks to Hubpages Title tuner

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (20 posts)
  1. emdi profile image63
    emdiposted 13 years ago

Did some of you noticed an option Title tuner in hubpages? It suggests you how to tune your title to get more traffic. It worked for me. There was 3 fold increase in trafic when I just added a key word hubpages suggested me in mzy title

1. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Too early to tell with the title tuner. Will check the results of traffic a month from now!

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image73
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 13 years ago

Yeah, I played around with it, and waited to see if it changed my traffic.  I have had quite a bit more traffic to a few of the hubs I used Title Tuner on.

3. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 13 years ago

After you give the title tuner a shot, it can take several days for old hubs to get re indexed with the updated content, but once they do, the results have been very positive.

1. Super Chef profile image61
      Super Chefposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have just changed a few of my old hub titles so here is to more traffic

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

A lot of the ones I changed are now at the top in daily views.

1. travelespresso profile image69
      travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Woohoo UW.  That's great news indeed!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, I mean the top in my daily views smile

1. travelespresso profile image69
          travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol I did wonder what daily views.  Its still good to see the change.

5. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

I have noticed that only about 40% of those titles that I changed (and added new opening paragraphs to) have actually been indexed on the SEs.
    Why this is I don't know but at the moment Actual Hub Content doesn't co-relate to the previously indexed titles that have yet to have those changes reindexed.
    Also:
    The Old (Original) Titles still appear in the Links that I have at the bottom of each page... even though the changes were made:/

I guess that I will have to remove those links and replace them?? hmm

6. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 13 years ago

Two things.

One I am curious of my 56 hubs only 7 show in the tuner, any reason?

And secondly I changed two hub titles as an experiment,

The first I added one word, which I left and we’ll see what happens this hubs takes hits almost every day largely traffic from the search engines

The second suggested a change from a word to an abbreviation, (27%) which I did.
    But after the change the suggestion tool advised that I change the abbreviation back to the word (33%). The suggestions are: Department vs Dept

What doesn’t appear to make sense is why would the tool suggest a lower percentage word? And I do have both the word and the common abbreviation in the summary and the tags

Theories?

1. Mieka profile image62
      Miekaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was wondering about these percentages as well. It happened to me too, I changed a word, and then the title tuner suggested I change it back again.

As for why there's only a few of your hubs displayed, these suggestions are based on search results from the last 30 days that directed traffic to your hub. So if there weren't enough search results in the past 30 days, the title tuner doesn't have enough information to suggest a change.

1. readytoescape profile image61
        readytoescapeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I’m not so sure that might be the case, about 85 % of my hubs have taken hits in the past 30 days, with an average of roughly 75.6% of my traffic coming from outside hub pages.

I think I like the tool, but perhaps it might be best applied, or at least added, as a tool in the edit function of a mature hub, or better yet add a "select hub" to the tool section.

2. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Both words have been used to find your hub. Strengthen your title by adding both. For example, I have many 'growing' hubs, which the tuner said were missing the word 'grow'. So I changed 'growing' to 'grow' and it came back again suggesting I use the word 'growing'.
        So I changed my titles to read something like 'How to Grow Onions - Growing Onions from Seed' (ps I don't actually have an onion hub) and this title allows me to use both words, keeping the title tuner and the search engines happy. And me too of course with increased traffic smile

2. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If your hub title doesn't need changed, they won't show up in the title tuner. Remember that the title tuners looks at the entrance words that people found your hub through. If they typed in words into their search engine that were already in your title, then your title does not need changed.
      When they type in some of the words in your title, and still found your hub (probably through hub content) then it is prudent to add these words to your title as this strengthens your hub and makes it easier to find.
      As a result your traffic will rise.
      Hubs without views or with low views will not show up in the tuner because if no-one has found your hub, there are no entrance words for the tuner to pick up on.

7. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

I just tried this and will report my findings. The odd thing is,the ones with no views and low scores didn't come up in the title tuner.They didn't have any suggestions...sad

1. Richieb799 profile image73
      Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I had a look but the low scoring ones didnt seem to have any suggestions, I think it is usually down to the topic if you get hubs which have low traffic..I mean other than bad SEO techniques.

8. adrienne2 profile image65
    adrienne2posted 13 years ago

I used the title tuner and noticed the same results. My traffic did increase, I think it is a neat tool.

9. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Just to make sure people know, while title tuner can increase traffic, you also have to remember seasonal affects right now.  Over teh next few months everybody should be seeing a large increase in traffic, especially those with product hubs.

10. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

there are initially some improved hits on my new titles and then none..I guess it will level out soon.
    It's very addicting..hmm

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)